Author Topic: This sucks...  (Read 3160 times)

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
This sucks...
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:47:52 am »
Apologies for my being away from the boards for a little while (RL crap, like my stupid job at BK getting rather lamer thanks to other employees being a pain in the ass to my boss, making me work extra hours, etc.).

But one thing that has become a real bummer for me lately aside from crap in my life, is that my fave board ("Order of the Black Wind", which I link to in my sig banner) has turned rather dead. Once upon time, it was active and everything was cool and badass; now, it looks like me and my friend Jordan (Donraj on that board) are the only ones who ever check in on it. It's pathetic and sad, and it'd kill me to see it really die (I helped birth it, via a discussion at another board concerning my love of Magus and a mini fanclub I once ran back in 1997).

I made a topic over there on how dead it's been, but I doubt anyone will post in it. *depressed sigh*

Just makes me feel crappier than I've already been feeling lately.....

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: This sucks...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 03:08:51 am »
Awww...

Thats bad news...I really hope things get better for you, as well as the board.  I'm sure things will!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 03:17:05 am »
Almost every community but Gamefaqs is dead or dying. Chrono Crisis is obviously active. But Chronicles and Chronoshock are down to core regulars doing off-topic posting, and the rest are dwindling.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 03:54:24 am »
Almost every community but Gamefaqs is dead or dying. Chrono Crisis is obviously active. But Chronicles and Chronoshock are down to core regulars doing off-topic posting, and the rest are dwindling.

Oh, we've been doing off-topic posting for, well... years now, come to think of it. Chronicles hasn't been serious Chrono discussion since about a year or two after I started posting there. And nowadays even the off topic conversation is limited.

That said, I've posted about one thing there in the last week.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 04:29:34 am »
It's true...the Chrono community is in desperate need of an injection of new material, be it from Crisis, Chrono Trigger +, some other fan project, a new port of Chrono Trigger, or--ohpleasepleaseplease--a new Chrono game from Square. With any luck we may be seeing a port soon that'll be used to test the waters. I know we've been saying that for several months now, but we've not recieved any news that confirms or denies the hypothesis, so we're just going to roll with until we do hear otherwise.

Cooper

• Guardian (+100)
  • aka Lightningstrike
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 04:58:53 am »
It's really sad that several projects are down.  :(
A new Chrono game from Square would be cool.

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
  • Need you not a swordsman?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 09:47:04 pm »

Hey now!  Chrono sites can't be dying!  I'm just getting started.

Well with the sites and the fanboy-ish praise of the Chrono-tacular experience.  But it was a long time in coming.  I'm not tired of it yet.

Post more!  Be more awesome!

Please?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 10:43:55 pm »
You can be certain the Compendium will.

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 11:14:45 pm »

What?  Die or be more awesome?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 11:28:16 pm »

What?  Die or be more awesome?
...be more awesome, of course. Why would the Compendium die? There's plenty of neat stuff in store, and there's always our enthusiasm.

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 11:30:02 pm »

Ok, good.  I would be most distraught if I had just boarded a sinking ship.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 01:02:41 am »
Oh, I would be heartbroken since I only just built up the courage to join the online fandom!  If the Compendium died off soon after, I'd be devestated!  :(  But I don't think that will be happening since there are so many enthusiastic people around here.  :)

Speaking of the fanboys around here, are there any fellow fangirls, or am I one of the only ones?

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 01:11:41 am »

Speaking of the fanboys around here, are there any fellow fangirls, or am I one of the only ones?
I imagine there are some here, certainly. I don't see why there wouldn't be.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 01:39:39 am »
Hey, I'm a fangirl. Proudly been one since the game came out in 1995.

Concerning 'OBW', it technically has been dead a while - its owner abandoned it and the message board has only remained alive out of kindness to everyone who still frequents it (that, and she knows I'd KILL her if I lost all the stuff in an interactive fanfic/RP that I've been doing for a few years with some buds).

If only I made more money at my job, I'd buy OBW and make it better - gain more active members.

Another community that died which I once held most dear, "Chrono Dreamers", was an awesome place. Like OBW, it perished because the guy who ran it just up and lost interest (except worse; he became a total asshole and was rude to everyone who used to go there... now he runs a weird site for fans of the Nintendo DS). How I miss it... that place had the coolest art and message board themes (including one that I made, called "We Love Crono").

But hopefully the mighty CC will continue on strong. After all, this truly is the greatest fansite ever made (kudos to ZeaLitY for his genius, etc.), and has the most fantastic amount of content. Here's a great idea to make this place even better: recruit 'the lost' - those CT/CC fans that are drifting about the internet without a place to enjoy their most beloved game passion. I've already got the CT fans at Gaia Online interested in this site (yet right now we are focused on creating a new guild to replace our dying one; dying thanks to its owner being MIA for over a year - good thing he made me a moderator before disappearing). A mass recruitment scheme!

As the fansites pass away into the mists of time, let the lost souls be guided to a new homeland...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 01:42:32 am »
Yeah, I guess the fan aspect is the paradox of fansites -- when the "fan" in question loses interest, the site perishes and the cycle repeats itself. But I have documented all my duties and activities in case I must ever leave my position as Director.