Author Topic: Chrono Cinema  (Read 737 times)

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Chrono Cinema
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:46:08 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm here to give a progress report on my Chrono fan project, recently renamed Chrono Cinema.

Right now the focus of the project is on the development of the screenplay for a Chrono Trigger movie trilogy. The first draft of Part I of this trilogy, tentatively subtitled Courage and Pride, was completed in January. The draft stands at 111 pages and can be found in multiple formats at the following link:

Chrono Trigger Part I: Courage and Pride

Now that summer is here, we are working diligently on Part II, which has a working title of Mystery of the Past. The script of Part II to date can be found at the following link, which will be updated as more of the script is completed:

Chrono Trigger Part II: Mystery of the Past

The official forum of our project can be found at the link below. I would love to increase the forum's active membership from the two we currently have, so if you're interested in our effort, come on over and get involved. Either way, I encourage you to share your thoughts with us, whether they be ideas, opinions, (constructive) criticisms, or perhaps the occasional compliment.

Chrono Cinema Official Forum

Cheers!

satchel_dawg

Re: Chrono Cinema
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 07:26:10 pm »
are you making a sprite movie?

also i could help with some script, it's summer so i do have more time.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:27:26 pm »
I'm not sure exactly what form the final product will take. I wouldn't be opposed to a sprite movie, but at this point I don't want to limit things.

I feel obligated to point out that there is a chance that nothing will come of our effort except a three-part Chrono Trigger screenplay. I'll be the first to say that a Chrono movie of any form is a huge project. To date it has hardly been worth considering given that our entire team is one writer and one brainstormer/feedback-giver/etc. I want to try, of course, and I will do what I can with the time that I have. But two people isn't going to work with a project of that scale.

That's why I've been working on finishing a draft of the script before anything else, thinking that doing so would give a better chance of getting the help needed for actually making a movie. However, I also think at least a few of those people would like to be involved in the script development, and I hope they don't feel like it's too late, since more than half of the trilogy is unwritten and the rest is barely in draft status.

I hope this post doesn't discourage anyone. On the contrary, I plan to keep working regardless of whether a movie is ever made from my script. My writing is an order of magnitude improved already, and my appreciation for the Chrono series is not far behind.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:43 pm »
i can help part time with writing, it's summer vacation now so i have time, so pm me if you want help.
i may be busy part of the time, i do concept art, and diolouge for Time's illusion.

i bet if you got enough members you could make a movie, and i doubt square would sue you, because this is a new interpretation of CT. and it features more info in the chrono world.

Cyrus Knight

• Creative Emeritus
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://crnp.proboards59.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:39 am »
I could help, I have a lot of time on my hands (bedsides me working on my story.)  just pm me or e-mail me and tell me what u need, i'd love to help.

CTmuzicman@yahoo.com

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:52:50 pm »
Thanks guys. I will let you know when I have something specific I need. In the meantime, if you (or anyone else) have any ideas for how scenes should go, etc., feel free to pass them along. I am working on the Zeal portion of the game/script right now, so for the moment I'm especially interested in ideas surrounding this.