Author Topic: A rose by any other name  (Read 2151 times)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: A rose by any other name
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 11:25:37 am »
It all started when I made a user name for Creatures Docking Station.
I rearranged my first name, Kevin, into Vinek.
Later, I signed up for GameFAQs, but I typed in "Venek" for some reason I can't remember.
That name was taken, so I changed a single letter because I thought it would still look pretty similar.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:36 pm »
Well, I worked as a waiter in a Japanese restaurant for a while. (BTW, I'm white. I was the only white guy there, in fact--but there weren't any Japanese either, mostly Latinos and Indonesians.) In any case, I told one of my co-workers that I'm a chemistry major; he immediately started calling me "Mr. Molecule." I'm not entirely sure he's clear on the concept of molecules; he's sidle up to me, point to, say, a bowl of sugar, and say, "Molecules, eh?"

A few weeks, later, he tried to get me to teach him to make ecstasy.

Needless to say, I've fallen in love with the name, and try to get people to call me by it whenever I can. Thus, it's my Username! It's better than my first though, anyway--chrono456192!1!!1!

Haha, been there. The Japanese restaurant here was staffed completely by Koreans. The place was outfitted with Karaoke machines, and we eventually got some habachi chef from Vegas down here (he cleaned the place up). I want to say those were good times, but to be honest, they weren't that great...

Well, I had some good times. The food was good (not really very Japanese, I think, unless the "Rock 'n' Roll" really is a traditional sushi roll) and the athmosphere was very relaxed.

I quit the job to study abroad in Australia--it's funny, because at home, all the cheaper Asian places are staffed largely by Latinos. Here, all the Mexican places are staffed entirely by Asians. Also, for some reason the sell baked potatoes and crepes. It's very weird.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 01:00:39 am »
Well, THIS screenname is fairly obvious in its origin (Magus' ultimate weapon), but my devART is BlackLuminaire, which vaguely refers to the Shadowbomb spell, and then my other sn is usually Loxagn, which is my real name anagrammed Organization XIII-style.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 01:26:03 am »
nightmare975, wow, I've had this for a long time.

I was making an AOL account and I could figure out what to do. Nightmare is name of a character from my novel I'm working on, so I typed that in. It told me that that name was already taken, so I added three random numbers, 9-7-5.

Turns out later on, the numbers I picked weren't random, they were the last three digits of my old phone number.

But that isn't my name on XBOX Live, that one is JGBeagle. My initials and my school mascot.

Oh, and I'm an official mapper of Crimson Echoes, nuff' said.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 01:29:48 am by nightmare975 »

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 08:06:33 am »
I'm bored, so some more of my names:

Fiend Kraken - Faf. 'nuff said.
Kazeman III - See above.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 09:44:05 am »
Pyt Fumv - Al Bhed for 'Bad Wolf'. Inspired by a recurring theme in Doctor Who.

I'm more commonly known as 'Faf' or 'FaFniR', though.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:01 pm »
Glennleo - Glenn + leo

Glenn is obviously form CT. He is my favorite character from that game. leo is the first three letters of my last name.

It is sort of an adaptation from a named I used when I used to play FFXI. My name there was Genleo. Short hand for General Leo from FF6(3).
So, Glennleo was close and payed homage to my favorite character.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 11:44:47 pm »
wow...Justin3009...I've had that name for years and years now.  Well, I created my first e-mail when I was like 9 so I had a very bad imagination (Still do).  So I thought i'd put my first name.  When I did, the name was taken so it said for other names "Justin3009" "Xjustin30192".  Justin3009 appealed to me more so I took it.  Justin3009 3008 3007 3006 3005 are usually my calling card #'s.  But i'm also known as Shishisenkou in some games, along with Ux-Shinobi.

Shishisenkou - Obviously one of my most favorite attacks in the Tales Of Series.  I just love the way Celsius says it <_<

Ux-Shinobi - This is when I was such a LOLNARUTOFANWOOT!11! person.  Ux was a name of a clan I was working on in a game but I got bored of it and left. XD

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 03:47:21 pm »
Oddly enough, my damn is suppose to be what I call Death, but it kinda developed into a character all its own.