Author Topic: Insane Theory #99  (Read 6172 times)

DMagusEdwards

• Porrean (+50)
  • Kill...Loot...Repeat...
    • View Profile
Re: Insane Theory #99
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:17 pm »
Alright. Defense TD! Which means we're screwed if Serge lost! YAY irony!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 01:35:08 am »
Since the Time Devourer's existence perhaps hinges on the Frozen Flame, the question of whether it's a backup plan is already covered here:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Time_Devourer_%28Possibility_of%29.html

Radox Redux

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 11:40:41 am »
Nice theory we got. The best part about it is that it explains someting that has always left a nasty taste in my mouth; the idea that every member of Lavos species could potentially become something that could destroy the universe. Indeed pretty much all evidence points to the risk to the universe as being an overstatement: for example the fact that only someone from the Chrono planet can stop him, as well as the idea that out of all the universe, Schala is the one that becomes aprt of Time Devourer.

Indeed, scaling the risk of the Time Devourer down to 'only' a planetary level, works out much better in my opinion.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:02:21 am »
I think in the context of the games, the term "Universe" may be used to include the Chrono Planet, all eras/all time, and each timeline.

Rather than saying it'll destroy the planet, which in the case of these games, could only mean one version of the planet. "Universe" is/can be a more simple way of conveying everything that's attached to the planet, lavos, and the player's experiences. The term "universe" often is used for all characters and events in a certain collection of storylines from the same property, like Marvel Universe, Kevin Smith's movies, or in this case, the "Chronoverse". It's not that far-fetched.

In this case, the term is not overstated, just overgeneralized, and the theory actually makes a lot of sense.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 07:54:39 am »
I haven't even played Chrono Cross so I can't comment in any depth, but this fits very well.