Author Topic: Beta Testers  (Read 2881 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Beta Testers
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 05:04:40 pm »
Whoops, someone else was logged on. They have to make a dash back to the Skygate they came in on. This gets them to the mainland, at which point they uh...well, I wonder where they enter 11998 B.C...

Maybe I should write the dialogue to have them place a "Temporal Beacon" when they enter an era without access to an old Gate area. So no matter where they go, they can place the beacon, and they go back to return to Chronopolis via the Temporal Catch. Or did we use custom Time Eggs for that? I'll PM Chrono'99.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 06:50:43 pm »
You're speaking about the night Zeal mission? If I recall correctly, we planned for the party to find Gaspar's prototype Time Egg in some secret room (like one of those Belthasar rooms), and have them charge it and break it to allow Chronopolis to "spot" the disturbance in the timeline and catch them. Belthasar would have asked them to do so before he sent them to Zeal. I think the neat detail is that it's the very same trick that Belthasar had secretly orchestrated to make the party come to 2302 from 1002 Denadoro in the prologue. We could have one of the character remark it (it gives insight to how Belthasar works with people... carefully planning events while hiding information from his partners).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:53:04 pm by Chrono'99 »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 06:53:39 pm »
This is for the Ocean Palace.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 07:00:27 pm »
Oh. I think we had something about Magus using a teleport spell to send the party in... but that makes the return trip kind of unnecessary if they could simply teleport back to the surface... Maybe the spell takes some time to charge and Magus doesn't have that time because of King Zeal.

As for the Gate on the overworld, I think we intended to simply connect the island to the continent (making it look like Medina incidentally).

Gah, I have to go, can't focus.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 07:03:00 pm by Chrono'99 »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 08:14:03 pm »
Okay, Jsondog2, I went ahead and added the major bugs I noticed to the bug report list.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 06:52:44 am »
Alrighty I've imported Ocean Palace and 600 AD.  Beta Test away.

Just so you guys know it doesn't even have to necessarily be a "bug" .  If you think something is weird or out of place just put it under gameplay and I'll look into it.  For example in the  mystic tunnel if you go in a room and come out you are in front of a bad guy...how'd you get out of the room with him standing in front of the door?  I would list that under gameplay.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 01:50:28 pm »
I'm going to hold out on returning to beta testing until after Justin and I finish Glenn.
Thank God Summer is finally here, but damn I still have school til the 20th

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 01:56:55 pm »
Oh most definitely, Glenn = highest priority same with if someone wants to do mapping instead of beta testing by all means use your time doing that. 

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 03:34:51 pm »
Sorry guys, I've currently no internet access(I'm at my cousin's), and I don't know when I(well, my father...) is able to repair it...

The bad thing is, I got the wrong Rom(the headered one I think it was) and it doesn't work with the patch. I don't have frame's network to unheader it via TF...so can't beta test it...

I'll try to get everything solved and be back for work soon.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 04:38:40 pm »
I know that Zeality used to be able to make a headered patch maybe if he gets time he  can make one and post it.

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:10 pm »
What category should I put problems involving stuff from the original game being triggered under?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 02:52:09 am »
Hm......Make a new topic called "leftovers" ?   Thanks for testing it.  I'll have another patch out soon.

--JP

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »
Is it my rom or the introduction is broken? The game switches to Guardia Castle right after the naming screen and the humouristic "Mystical Ninja Starring Castle Guards" line appears, then the game switches to the 1002 AD overworld. The exits in Crono's house are broken when I visit it also.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:05:32 pm by Chrono'99 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 08:30:31 pm »
Uh oh whoops.  I thought I fixed that before I released it, that's not your fault I was making a rom for JLukas to fix the epoch bug and I accidently did change location twice.  I'll make a new one tonight. 

Just so you guys know I'm going to be importing 65 BIL into the rom once we get a patch.  JLukas has already fixed the bug turns out the no flying zone for that map was screwed up (shrug)

--JP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 04:03:41 am »
http://ce.herograw.org/jsondag/65MILandSome.ips

There's another one.  It's got everything imported but alot of bugs.  Your guys job to find them and document them as you see fit.  Right now it's currently missing the scene where it shows schala touching the flame I'm not sure where were suppose to put it So I'mgunna need to know that Zeality.  That's one of my favorite cutscenes that I've made (the one where lavos appears and schala approaches the flame etc).

--JP