Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Unglued: Episode 15  (Read 909 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Unglued: Episode 15
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 11:30:38 am »
Perhaps not full of them, but some of them are very creative. "Cosby Bebop" and some of the other gems require devious, original minds.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 11:54:25 am »
Perhaps not full of them, but some of them are very creative. "Cosby Bebop" and some of the other gems require devious, original minds.
True, true...there's definitely some interesting stuff there. But most of it is idiotic putting together of random music with random images and proclaiming to be funny or a fad or what have you.

I will admit though...that whole "Captain Planet is Jesus" thing had me almost rolling on the floor out of sheer surprise. It was one of those YTMNDs that took the serious tone of the Scientology YTMNDs(It's sad when a site as full of bigoted assholes as YTMND is needed to get the word out on such a dangerous cult as Scientology) but eventually tripped people up with its sudden Captain Planet reference.

In any case, on the whole, the creative YTMNDs are easily outnumbered something like 2000: 1 or so, hence my general opinion of the website.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 05:18:35 pm »
To answer all comments in turn (out of order turns, perhaps):

- Amazingly I was going to replace the preloader with something else on Episode 15 and Cryo and Bryan assured me to leave it. Needless to say, the three of us actually are YTMND fans. There will probably be a new preloader for Episode 16. Originally I had intended for each episode to have a different preloader, but this one has run this long due to the popular demand of others.

- I've seen dual level preloaders done before, I don't know how to make them. I have a guess, but if I'm right It'd be very tricky and any change in file size would break it. You see, a good preloader compares the bytes loaded against the total size of the file. If you could calculate how many bytes were in a certain portion of a file, as flash files are stored in a linear fashion, you could have the first preloader release when that much had been downloaded. I don't, however, know how to calculate how much of the file is in just that portion of the flash movie (and publishing parts of the flash movie by itself doesn't accurately convey real size since flash files store each object once to keep file size down, so a scene published by itself takes up more space than it might collectively add to the size of the whole).

Also, the preloader is the most complicated piece of programming in the entire movie and was cut and paste from my game Marathon, which in turn was copied by hand from the textbook for the class I made Marathon for.

- There's long been a plan to every now and then change the credits sequence to be parodies of the opening sequences to various animes (some of which are old enough that most people won't even be able to name them). Cryo, for example, especially wanted to see a parody of the "Ready Steady Go" opening of FMA with Crono as Edward and Robo as Alphonse. However, just like for some people the preloader became sacred, I can see that some people will be very sad to see that the Paranoia Agent credits sequence will eventually go. As for what the next one will actually be, that is something that you will have to wait and see.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 12:24:58 am »
I keep laughing at the whole "Boy, you know you heard me!  Tell her the truth.  You may have won this round but I shall return" bit.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 02:22:25 am »
I love how Crono is now not being tormented by just the various absurdities of being a video game character, but also the absurdities of being a flash cartoon character. Very meta.   :D

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 05:04:17 am »
To Justin3009:

People loved "The Voice" so much when you unlocked the Secret Scene in Episode 12 that I just had to bring him back for another go. I don't think we've heard the last of "The Voice". Or at least not the last time Crono will hear it, anyways.

To MrMolecue:

To use a British phrase, "In for a penny, in for a pound." Once you start poking fun at the rules of the medium of the universe, you might as well go the whole nine yards. The game jokes come while we play the game, the flash jokes come while I'm actually animating it. We like to leave breathing room for last second ideas while I'm actually animating. However, the origin of the voice joke actually predates CTU and Flash Medium, or least my tenure on CTU, and was originally an in joke between me and the webmaster.