Author Topic: GameSaves? gameFAQs - gameshark  (Read 721 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
GameSaves? gameFAQs - gameshark
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:03 pm »
I have a bit of an odd question today...

Long ago I had accidentally erased my GTA Vice City and San Andreas files from my memory card. I had known about the game saves available through gameFAQs, but I had never been able to get them to work.

There are 4 types; CodeBreaker, Max Drive, SharkPort 2, and X-Port

Which should I use if I have the latest and up to date gameshark? Do I need to download the one I want from the list to my flash drive? How do I then transfer it to my memory card?

Any help would be great, and the list I am looking at is found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/561545.html

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: GameSaves? gameFAQs - gameshark
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 05:23:25 pm »
So out of those 22 people whom read this, posted over 5 days ago... have no clue ehh?

blah

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:21:50 pm »
The only real thing I know about a game shark is that as long as you have space on your mem card you can update the game shark, game, by game.  You just have to enter the coding yourself.

Ramsus

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 02:25:13 am »
"CodeBreaker, Max Drive, SharkPort 2, and X-Port"

These are all hardware devices that allow you to transfer saves from your PS2 to your PC and vice versa, not formats for your GameShark.

Also, what kind of Gameshark do you have? Back in my day, the Gameshark was just a cheat device, but it looks like the name was bought up and is now used by MadCatz for new products that include the ability to do save games. So first, make sure that your Gameshark is able to do save game transfers, and then try using the saves on the manufacturer's site.

It's also relatively painless to find the product FAQ:
http://www.madcatz.com/faq/?Action=Cat&ID=3

But that doesn't mention a thing about save games.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:34:59 am by Ramsus »

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:22:26 pm »
I personally have a game shark V.3 or something to that effect and it lets me create new data for games if I have the correct coding that effects that perticular game ex. 0031876aNh, kinda like that (example is completly fake but you get the point) and its the same thing as if you were to activate a cheat through an unlockables menu/cheat menu or a code.  The newly added cheats for the game stay as save data on your mem card.... come to think of it I lost my freaking gs  :?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »
Thank you cronopolis and Ramsus!

I do have the latest version to come out, and the online updates feature doesn't work. That is why I inquired about gamesaves, whether I could simply download the file, place it on my flashdrive, place flashdrive in usb on ps2, and do a transfer...