Author Topic: Level Zero  (Read 1216 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Level Zero
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:37:09 pm »
I'm not sure if there has already been one topic about this, but I didn't find anything in my(to be honest short) search.

If you don't know what it is, you can find it out here.

It's late and I don't even know how many played it, that's why I'm gonna start with something short, my progress:
I finally finished the Black Omen for the first time(I will do it another 2 times for stealing purposes), after like 5 tries I needed for Queens Zeals Final Form, and finished all different Attack Modes from Lavos. Tomorrow Lavos 1st, 2nd and 3rd Form is going to give me a hard time(at least I hope :) ).

So, feel free to say anything related to this hack, or ask questions to other players or whatever comes in mind.

I recommend this hack to anyone who searches for a new difficulty in Chrono Trigger, because a lot of party are real hard compared to the original. Most Techs also got a different formula, that's why "old" strategies might not work and/or you need to consider a few more factors, so it be a bit more challenging. I Hope you give it a try.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Level Zero
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:44:13 pm »
I'll probably start playing this after I stop having constant headaches.

Kyoji

• Earthbound (+15)
  • DNA > Cheesekcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
I actually took the time to download the Level Zero hack and play it all the way through. Quite a nice change in pace in comparison to the original gameplay and adds a nice bit of edge to most of the boss fights. In truth, I just finished it earlier today and about five minutes ago I defeated Lavos on a new game plus to get the Dream Team ending. My experience with fighting Lavos with level zero three party members really helped me know what to expect with just Crono and Merle. Great stuff, though I don't see much fun in going through another full game with a New Game Plus besides challenging Lavos at the beginning. Still, if anyone thinks of anything or needs any help, let me know. I'd also love to know if the original creator has future updates in mind.

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 03:45:45 pm »
Hey everyone, I just signed up.  I found this site on google looking for something and stumbled upon the fan projects.  I played Crimson Echos Demo 2 and it was really cool and exciting, CT mods have the potential to be better than a lot of games that have came out recently.
Anyway, after I beat CEdemo2 I started a new game with the level zero mod and I haven't had this much fun playing CT since my first run.

I think this mod could be implemented into Crimson Echos somehow and future mods too.  The game plays a lot better and with more balance without experience.  I don't really like leveling up and as far as I know there haven't been many arguments on which way is more fun.
So I basically signed up to say that this mod is perhaps a bit underrated and deserves praise :)
I want to add some ideas for this mod and maybe some others, but I can't think of/remember any at the moment so maybe in the future.
Ok, thanks for reading.
Thanks Maelstrom for making this mod.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:42:24 pm »
Welcome to the site.