Author Topic: 1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell  (Read 24275 times)

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2004, 03:59:05 pm »
I only need two more posts to get there, but since I was the last one to post in the story thread, I think I should wait for somebody else to post first.  Or should I?

Question: can somebody post two different characters' stories back-to-back?  Or is that considered hogging?

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2004, 04:09:12 pm »
Claado -

By all means, grace our fair project with as much writing as you like.

In theory, I'd say its best to hold up and refrain from flooding ZEAL with posts, but sometimes there are lengths where no one posts and you've got more to say; however, we don't seem to have a problem with one person totally drowning out everyone else with posts, so that really isn't a big concern.

If you'd like to post now, go right ahead. If you'd prefer to wait a little, I should have another post up by midweek and I believe Aitrus and ZeaLitY will follow up that soon after.

Leebot -

If you don't have anything else you need to say but are still interested in writing something, a short scene with Backer exploring the End of Time before everyone else arrives and it gets all busylike might be nice.

Also, what's the latest on the jailbreak? Last I remember, it was underway, but I don't think its been completely escaped yet. Radical Dreamer and Translanka are the only people involved with that now, right?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2004, 04:39:29 pm »
I see no problem with posting back-to-back; we can always rearrange the order of chapters later.

As for the jailbreak scene, we were planning to have Sigma reflect on how it ends in one of the first posts of the next thread, but if things are getting dull, I may write it up sooner.

I guess I could do a post like that for Backer, but he's currently with Hunter and Amy, and VT should be the one to explain what had happened to them from their encounter with the Frozen Flame. Now, if they ended up in different areas of the End of Time, it would work (given the violent nature of their arrival, this isn't unreasonable). I'm kind of envisioning the End of Time as a whole lot of malleable space that can be shaped by the mind to some extent (see my QC-like explanation in my article), with the area seen in CT being just a small part of it that Gaspar shaped. If this is reasonable, I'll work on it that way.

Now, if you really want more on Backer, I'll have Chapter 3 of my fanfic up pretty soon.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2004, 07:32:15 pm »
I'm currently Out Of Commish til I get my comp fixed (probably a week or so)...If you're going to have Backer do some stuff in the EoT, have Hunter & Amy just still be knocked out for however long it takes...But also note that Kaeru, my version of Frog/Glenn & Elle, my version of Lucca & Marcy (slightly older version) are there as well...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2004, 11:49:32 pm »
I haven't gotten around to reading your article yet, Leebot, but offhand, the idea of having and End of Time with more to it than what we see in CT is interesting. Spekkio has his own room that seems mysteriously connected to the rest of the EoT through that door behind Gaspar, so maybe everyone in the party could have a doorway in the EoT leading to some private space where they chill out in their downtime or something.