Author Topic: 1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell  (Read 24978 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2004, 07:53:59 pm »
Ok, things are off to a good, rolling start. After Leebot's scene, what's next? Eventually I'm going to post a scene depicting Roget Parrion tidy up the destroyed timeline, and going through the motions for accessing the Keystone Dimension. This will precede the big breakout, so post here so we can get these scenes structured.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2004, 08:28:26 pm »
So how are we dealing with Gaspar knowing/finding out about ZEAL? Because my Gil/Magness people go directly to the EoT first, and then Gil & Flea leave for ZEAL...and even that I'm not sure how I should go about doing...I need to first clarify that, or else I'll skip that part and have Gil & Flea already captured, I guess? Did I already decide that...? Damn my forgetfulness...

:evil:

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2004, 09:07:58 pm »
For the sake of keeping things simple, I'd recommend starting with Gil captured.

At some point in the Introduction, ZeaLitY will write a piece about Gaspar noticing alternations within time. (Or at least I'd assume he is.)

Now that I think about it, that needs to happen before the jailbreak, doesn't it? That would mean Zeal has already started its experiment on Keystone before the jailbreak... otherwise, the breakout will happen and then those characters will have to escape Zeal to Keystone and then go back to the EoT.

Right? Let's cement the order of events quickly before we start writing ourselves into a corner.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 10:06:42 pm »
Just a thought: If we have four or more people escaping Zeal via a time gate, it provides us with a really good way to get to the End of Time. So far, we have Argus, Sigma, and Gil for sure. If Flea (or someone else) comes along, we're set.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2004, 04:44:12 am »
I always assumed that Gaspar was to find out about ZEAL before the jailbreak...because, as I said, my Gil (and his Magness crew) was supposed to be coming from the EoT.

Also, I figure that after Argus, Sigma & Gil get to Keystone (I'm against Flea making iit myself...), one of two things could occur...Both being relatively the same and depending upon what Gil tells Marcy & Elle to do (I'm for the first).

1. The three of them find one (at least) of the other characters from Keystone and that person joins them (perhaps on suggestions from Gil who knows 3+1 or more=EoT).

2. Gil splits off back into his own adventure (and to reunite w/Marcy & Elle) and Argus & Sigma find at least two of the other characters...

Like I said, I'm more for 1 because I want Gil to go back to the EoT where he'd have left Marcy, Elle, & my Glenn. Glenn will stay behind as one of the heroes for Gaspar...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2004, 09:38:25 am »
Alright. Then we need one more character involved in the jailbreak so that they've got an easy trip to the End of Time.

Until we hear from ZeaLitY, let's wait to actually post the jailbreak scene until something involving Gaspar and the alterations to Keystone's timeline are noticed. Or at least, don't actually go and make a run for the gate.

(And yes, #1 seems like an easier setup to get Glenn into the story.)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2004, 10:15:15 pm »
I don't know about that...although I suppose since this (the jailbreak) is happening later on, but I don't know if they should so quickly gain access to the EoT...I mean, if someone's got a character they think should be imprisoned, then that's great, but to just pick someone up and throw 'em in ZEAL? I was getting the impression that it was a little implausible for three people to escape, let alone four...

I figured that it'd be a good way to get one (or more) of the Keystone characters to the EoT if they go there first...It would also give some interaction between the characters and possibly give us some greater insight into them as individuals. Like you said, the people reading the ZEAL Project, won't have the knowledge of either the Character Sketches or any of these threads really...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2004, 10:36:00 pm »
Oh cool; that might be interesting to have them be siphoned out of ZEAL in maybe two trips, so they end up a Keystone first. This could give a description of some of the scenery (Guardia, Fiona's Forest) and later have them all use a Gate and end up at the End of Time.

It works however you'd like to do it, though. Their arrival from ZEAL directly into the EoT might give Gaspar the initial reasoning to check out what the heck exactly is going on.

I'll post my Roget scene soon.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2004, 02:33:59 am »
The reason I figure getting everyone out of ZEAL at once works best is that dimensional travel is something that can only be done by manipulating Zeal's technology - namely, that at the Centre of Dimensional Research or whatever we decide to name it. After one group successfully breaks free and is able to access the gate, having someone else do the same seems totally implausible - especially even the fact that the only reason the first jump was possible was that Argus, someone who worked there, was part of the escape group.

Maybe they don't have to all go to the EoT at once, but as for leaving ZEAL... I mean really, that's like someone breaking into Fort Knox and three days later someone else breaking in, after security has been amped up even more.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2004, 04:24:17 am »
Gaspar can be negligent and forgetful at times, so we may not need to expressly worry about that. I'm going to go ahead with the Roget scene and make a reference to Argus's betrayal and the capture of Gil.

Before I do Roget, I need to know--

V Translanka, the timeline Roget's going to come off the tail end of destroying is Magness's alternate dimension?
Who are the prisoners from this dimension (Gil, Flea, Glenn)?

I'll reference the prisoners being taken from the dimension before it falls to apocalyptic ruin, but we need a headcount. Sigma might come from this dimension as well, but it is plausible that she comes from Keystone, found by the earliest exploration team sent in.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2004, 04:26:49 am »
Yeah, ZeaLitY...The only thing is, Gil is supposed to be there (ZEAL) after coming from the EoT and finding out from Gaspar about ZEAL and what it's been up to...That's why Gil's there in the first place...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 11:44:09 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
I'll reference the prisoners being taken from the dimension before it falls to apocalyptic ruin, but we need a headcount. Sigma might come from this dimension as well, but it is plausible that she comes from Keystone, found by the earliest exploration team sent in.

Actually, I'd originally planned for her to be from Keystone (specifically Choras of 600 AD), and have been captured by one of the first ZEAL teams to be sent int.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2004, 01:03:37 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Yeah, ZeaLitY...The only thing is, Gil is supposed to be there (ZEAL) after coming from the EoT and finding out from Gaspar about ZEAL and what it's been up to...That's why Gil's there in the first place...

Hmm.

Would it be plausible to suggest that for some reason ZEAL had taken an interest in Gil and detained him?

Although, having the Gaspar scene first would solve everything neatly. We could start the jailbreak and have the Gaspar scene somewhere in the middle, but make a point of it that Gaspar has been witnessing these changes for some time. Perhaps that will give him a better point of view to speak from rather than just seeing the alterations for the first time.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2004, 02:10:41 pm »
Ok. Under this structure

-Keystone was found around one month ago, perhaps just left on a queue of dimensions to be investigated
-Sigma was captured by the first reconnaissance team sent in to survey Keystone
-Gaspar noticed slight ripples in time due to the entrance of these teams, leading to his beginning research
-Gil somehow returned to Keystone from Magness, and spoke with Gaspar
-Gil shadows Nanashi, eventually returning to ZEAL and being captured
-Argus betrays the project after learning of horrors done to the Magness Dimension
-Roget Parrion oversees the final destruction of the Magness Dimension
-Argus is detained with Alt. Flea, Gil, Sigma, Alt. Glenn
-JAILBRAKE LOALZ

How does that work?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2004, 06:05:58 pm »
That works fine, from my perspective, at least.