Author Topic: 1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell  (Read 25056 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
1. Toma and the Rainbow Shell
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2004, 06:47:44 pm »
That seems perfect...Aside from two minor details...

1. Gil & Co. don't really touch down on Keystone first, they come straight to the End of Time using the 3+ party combo via the Magness alternate dimension.

2. My alt Glenn/Kaeru wasn't supposed to be part of the ZEAL deal (yet at least), I wanted him to stay around in the End of Time for a while, perhaps gaining more information about what exactly ZEAL has been up to. Perhaps talking with other Keystone people that finally make it to the End of Time (if there is any that arrive before Sigma, Gil, & Argus). That way, greater heightening his resolve to do something about ZEAL.

Plus, if Glenn/Kaeru went with Gil & Flea, then they'd eventually head straight to the End of Time when Argus creates his portal. Seeing how I want Flea to be killed (or further detained), it would just be Sigma, Gil & Argus going through Argus's gate, and thusly into the Keystone Dimension...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2004, 07:27:46 pm »
Alright, now we just need to decide scenes. Should we have Gaspar notice things right now, immediately followed by V Translanka writing about Gil and then Roget? Argus will come in eventually, but perhaps he can do most of the jailbreak scene. If Symmetry wants to, he can also depict Nanashi checking stuff out.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2004, 07:59:40 pm »
There are other possibilities for a fourth person; perhaps a prison guard is chasing them down while they go into the gate and goes in with them. Otherwise, we'll have to figure out where and when they're going to in Keystone, and then how they get to the End of Time.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2004, 08:56:25 pm »
I thought it would be easier to have them go to Keystone so that some of the Keystone characters could have an 'easy-in' to the End of Time by coming with them.

I was thinking that perhaps it could start with either Gil getting captured and maybe then Argus getting holed up, or the break occurring...and then we could have Gil explain what Gaspar told him in greater detail later, in Keystone...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2004, 12:43:00 am »
I don't think there's any mechanic that justifies this, but we could always go with the simple solution of Gaspar just summoning everyone involved. That eliminates the need for everyone to find four people before getting sucked into a gate.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2004, 05:47:54 pm »
Problems that just occurred to me -

First of all, can a dimensional jump even lead directly to the End of Time? I don't think anything in the Chrono Series even hints at this. Perhaps we don't even need to worry about how many people are involved in the jailbreak for gate purposes - their destination is whatever time it is on the other side of the gate, not the EoT...

Secondly, if direct jumps to the EoT were possible, don't you think ZEAL would have come into contact with it already? Surely they must have sent more than three people through a dimensional gate at once....

Thoughts? Maybe we do need to head to Keystone from ZEAL before reaching the EoT.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2004, 06:31:41 pm »
The technics of the jailbreak, to my understanding, is that the escapees will storm the Centre for Dimensional Research. Argus will know how to operate the object-stimulation to exploit a dimensional Gate that will take them to the Keystone Dimension. However, since its a form of foreign temporal displacement of objects in Keystone, Conservation of Time Theorem will kick in once the dimensions are crossed and route them to the End of Time.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2004, 08:12:50 pm »
Alright.

That still presents us with an interesting (Perhaps someone else considered this before - I certainly didn't.) problem. Surely ZEAL must know of the End of Time, which means it would be difficult to use the EoT as a safe haven for Gaspar & Co. (Personally, I had been visualizing it as such.)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2004, 09:13:12 pm »
Only thing left now is to plan out the stuff before the jail break, and the jail itself. I suppose Translanka will need a scene to set up his characters in ZEAL, and Radical Dreamer might do the betrayal. Before the actual jailbreak, I'll do Roget Parrion's scene, and then you can decide how to split up the real break scene itself.

I retract some of my earlier statements; CoT is really limited to Entity-made Gates. Thus, the guys might really come into Keystone regardless of the number coming through. You thus might have them come into Keystone and have some comic relief as they try to figure out what time they're in; Gaspar will beam them up soon enough. 1stoftheLast, later you might have a scene to introduce your character as well, as he'll be beamed up with the rest for the briefing.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2004, 11:00:18 pm »
Oh and 1stofthelast, you can jump in at anytime.

RD, V Translanka, Leebot if you wish -- you've all got a greenlight. Just don't do the jailbreak YEEET, but go ahead and set it up.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2004, 12:04:24 am »
Well, I've already written all of Sigma's story up until her section of the jailbreak, so I'll hold off for a bit.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2004, 02:17:53 am »
Zeality I have a question.  Can I write my character's intorduction with him already being contacted by gaspar and told that he would be needed?  Or should I hold off and just introduce him without any interruption to his usual routine?  I ask because I figure he wouldn't be seen again untill he was "beamed" up with the rest and was wondering if Gaspar was talking to anyone one before assembling them?  But I don't want to mess with the plot if thats not the case.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2004, 02:22:11 am »
Hm. I'm sorry if this is stepping on your toes, but go ahead and have him at the Earthbound. Gaspar won't really know whats up until those guys come in from the jailbreak, and tell him who these weirdos traveling through Keystone are. He'll then activate the Hero-Signal, and they'll convene at the End of Gotham.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2004, 01:21:53 am »
About Getting Gil & Flea in ZEAL:

Okay, at first I was thinking it'd be easy to allow them access by simply following the Nanashi (or whoever) that take Sigma from Giant's Claw...But as it's been said so far, that is how Gaspar finds out about them...Although, I've noticed in ZeaLitY's scene, that Gaspar never outlines this (he's fairly vague about what he knows so far, just that there's messing abouts)...So I was wondering, could it be that Gaspar somehow finds out at some earlier time than the capture of Sigma? I'm guessing yes...but need this okayed...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2004, 01:45:54 am »
Oh, I'm not sure where that was said. It's perfectly okay for Gil and Flea to follow the Nanashi without Gaspar ever really noting it. I was going to have him learn of the entire situation via Argus and the other jailbreak guys, who would explain what they saw.