Author Topic: Character Paths  (Read 20189 times)

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2004, 03:35:01 pm »
Okay. that would be nice. This will all be new to him (being around real live humans and all) he would absorb all the information like a sponge (not literally). I can't wait^^

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Paths
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2004, 05:35:03 pm »
Seeing as how I don't plan for Garg to stick around for the rest of the adventure--right now in my writing experiences I'm trying to focus on being concise, both in plot and in characters, so it's best for me to work each sub-plot as a burst of one unique plot, possibly even like a short story despite how lengthy each may be--he's either going to the End of Time beforehand or he'll never be there. I'll watch how everyone else is working out before I make a decision. For now, though, if everyone seems fine with my political mold, I think I've got some more personal posts to make regarding Garg's dealing with the power people in Choras and Porre.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Paths
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2004, 06:54:52 pm »
Hmm.

If he's not going to join the party, then I think its best he never go to the End of Time. I don't think Gaspar would keep selecting people to aid the party and then let them be on their way every other subplot.

Which actually provides us with an interesting scenario from time to time. The party could try to hide the fact they're time travellers from Garg, not wanting him to find out - this could apply to other circumstances as well.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Paths
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2004, 07:33:27 pm »
Yes, once you mentioned returning to the End of Time later and I realized that such a thing was not possible unless I changed all my plans for Garg, I came to that same conclusion. Garg would probably be a more useful tool if he had no idea what the bigger picture was, because he cares more about his own personal glory than whatever may be in the future's best interests. So, unless I decide to continue using him in some future subplots (which I may, if some other subplot has opportunities that I feel fit his character), that will probably be the case. Which means someone needs to be sent at least to start Garg on whatever path he is most useful for, if not work with him the whole time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Paths
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2004, 07:41:55 pm »
Spekkio & Juan? Are we talking EoT there? Spekkio isn't somewhere else, is he?

On a sidenote, I think it might be interesting that when or if a scene involving Gaspar, Spekkio & Kaeru, Elle & Marcy (since they're all seemingly hanging out in the EoT before most of the others) that Spekkio should feel as though he's seen Elle & Marcy before, perhaps in a dream...This is because they both have Magical abilities, though they only have had glimpses of Spekkio & the Magic words (Ipso Facto & such) in dreams and visions...But Kaeru does not necessarilly have Magic yet...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Paths
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 12:23:30 am »
Taken from my fanfic, here's Backer's tale of what happened (er... will happen) to him at the end of this one:

Quote from: Backer
I was in a place that can’t be described physically, facing a phenomenon known as a ‘Dimensional Maelstrom.’ These were characterized by connecting to multiple dimensions, and it was theorized that someone who fell into one would be cast off into a random dimension. No one could confirm this as dimensional travel is otherwise next to impossible, however. Oh, and don’t bother asking me how I know this—I can’t trace the origin of any of my knowledge, and I’m not even sure if this is accurate.

At the time, I was despondent. As long as I’d lived—I can’t say how long—I’d never been accepted by others. I never had any real friends, just people who found it beneficial to have me around. I did some great deed—again, I don’t know what—and I couldn’t even feel a sense of satisfaction. Facing this dimensional maelstrom, I decided to take a chance with it. I threw myself into it. I’d either get a fresh start somewhere else, or I’d die. I was prepared to accept either outcome.
[/quote]