Author Topic: Character Sketches.  (Read 32380 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2004, 06:19:46 pm »
Quote from: Dunsparce
[OOC] Jai will be inn the EOT prior to the story. I don't want to give away too much info about it (Jai). lets just say it treid to mess around with time travel and ended up there. strangly, there is no way of it returning to its own time, due to the actual date it came from has not been recorded in the humans BC/AD system, but rather in a difdferent system. B0 is the year the humans defeated the reptites. B as in 2nd age (the age of humans) and it is currently D3175, D meaning the fourth age (the age of Octopods) . The only info about its era is that the sun is much larger and more orange-ish, and has more complex technology then any human can comprehend, also the Pentapuss from CC is actually from this era as a result of the same event that made Jai end up in the EOT. Also Jai's most closest ansestors found in the Present are the octopods in the Hekran's cave.

It seems like you should have just posted this here, rather than in the story-introduction thread...Unless you're going to add an actual written story part to it or something...Especially since you're having your character basically start out in the EoT now...That could really fug with some of the other people who have to work with characters also in the EoT (ie Gaspar, Spekkio, and my Magness characters)...

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2004, 07:09:46 pm »
Yeah -

If you wouldn't mind, could you repost that info here somewhere and scatch it out of the story thread?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2004, 10:23:56 pm »
Well, this board doesn't allow you to delete your posts, so ZeaLitY or RD will have to do that (I believe they're the only ones here with administrative privileges).

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2004, 12:50:28 am »
Consider it done.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2004, 04:21:50 pm »
My modem's dead.
And all my acumulated info for Jai that was on another site was completely removed from the face of the earth (the site was dead, so the site's admins deleted it). Everything I have to do from memory. If you chcked my previous post on some other thread, you will see that I agreed for it to be simplified to Jai being summoned to the EOT instead of all that fancey stuff. That's a relief. I think what I said earlier was kinda stupid anyways. A problem is that I have no idea how any of everyone elses characters would react to such an odd creature, cause I am trying really hard to not get anyone frustrated at me so I am quite nervous about posting anything else without being critisized for having odd ideas.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2004, 06:23:15 pm »
I won't criticize your ideas for being odd, but if they plain won't work or will clash heavily with preestablished material, then I'll have a problem. There are ways to make Jai seem more acceptable to other characters, such as giving him the ability to shapeshift into a humanoid form. Also remember that Gaspar would have to have a reason to summon him to the End of Time, so maybe shapeshifting abilities would play into this. That's just a suggestion, though.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2004, 07:30:35 pm »
I really don't see a problem with Jai already being in the End of Time when the attention turns there. Its not as if his presence ruins anything. (At least that I'm aware of.)

The capacity to shapeshift would definately make him more palatible to other characters, as well as build on reasons why Gaspar would summon him to the End of Time. Or maybe you could stick with your original idea entirely and play on the fact that Jai has to constantly be on the lookout for people thinking he's some terrible monster.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2004, 05:03:33 am »
I don't think that Jai whould have to be a shapeshifter to be accepted.  I'm sure some would fine it quite odd, but on the other hand most people, espescially those in El Nido, wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, seeing as how they have all the demi humans, monsters, dwarves and whatnot roaming around.

I am reminded of a part in Chrono Trigger where you learn that some monsters co-exist with humans peacefully.  Granted that was only a piano playing Kilwala, but I'm sure Jai could be at least tenatively accepted.  Either that or when out with the crew on missions everyone could say that Jai is thier pet.

Claado Shou

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2004, 09:55:14 am »
I posted this earlier in the character interactions thread or whatever it's called, but I think I'll just post it again in the right place.

SERIAN RENDATH

Serian is from a dimension in which Lavos and his spawn have begun to reign over the planet in 2300 A.D.  He belongs to a group of survivors known as the Tyrans, humans given incredible intuition and slight physical deformities by the magical dust given off during Lavos' eruption, remnants of his shell that fused with their bodies.  They live underground and have been secretly fighting a war with the Lavos spawn, and though they have been having great success in their endeavor, supplies are running low.  So, the leaders send out Serian, one of their best, to the mainland in order to get supplies.  

Serian is a very physically-tone and mentally-sound character, who doesn't have any emotion left over from the genetic changes he and his people went through.  His brain is incredibly logical, and in battle, his muscles oftentimes move on their own to escape danger, a side effect of his increased agility and intuition.  He cannot use magic, though shards of Lavos' shell, stored by his people and carried by those on important quests, allow him to do certain things that normally would be impossible for humans to accomplish.  He wields a single short sword and wears thin body armor, with no greaves or footwear.  He is a simple, very intelligent, warrior.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2004, 04:19:18 pm »
hmmm

Okay he can appear to be just a mere 11 year old bot with yellowhair and sage-like clothes. But he cannot stay in a guise while sleeping, and he still will only speak using his mind rather than mouth. You see, Jai in human years is 47, but is quite young for his speicie, but bright for one of his age. One of his speicie cannot make photonic sounds (aside from a strange clicking noise).

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2004, 09:19:31 pm »
Gargeth (“Garg”) Wardell

Garg's parents are irrelevant, his childhood unremarkable. When you gossip in the alleyways about Garg Wardell, there is jut one thing you need to know:

Toma f--king ripped him off.

At least, that’s his story. When you see him, he’ll probably be flaunting his shard of the Rainbow Shell, claiming that Toma followed him into the Giant’s Claw and, upon seeing the shell, tried to kill him. He’ll yell that “The bastard didn’t let me escape until I had nothing left but my bruised skin and a few flakes!” but the truth is that if the coward were to have followed Toma in and found his corpse before the Rainbow Shell, he’d have run without a second thought and left his gravestone up to whoever in Dorino felt most guilty of their greed.

In fact, that is precisely what he did when Toma died. You see, Garg overheard Toma talking to a barmaid in Choras about the Rainbow Shell and Garg, being humanly selfish, decided to follow Toma to the Giant’s Claw, thinking that maybe he’d get a chance to swipe the Rainbow Shell first—or kill Toma for it before he get off the island. Originally, Garg ran into one small problem: Toma died in the cave before ever finding the shell. Then ZEAL changed his life.

Toma got to the innermost chamber of the cave with ease, and so, therefore, did Garg. Yet the Rainbow Shell was quite a bit more than Garg was expecting. He realized that he couldn’t possibly carry it out alone, and since he had no friends of note in high places, he wasn’t going to get this thing all to himself. Garg decided that his best option was to try to share the glory with Toma.

Toma didn’t seem too keen on the idea when Garg approached him from the shadows, offering to lend a helping hand in relocating the shell (which, incidentally, would have broken both their spines and probably their arms, should they have attempted it), and Garg, uneasy in the depths of the cave and still caught up in the shell’s prismatic luster, popped a sucker punch in Toma’s face. In Toma’s following disorientation, Garg managed to pluck a few hefty shards of the Rainbow Shell and escape into the labyrinth.

It wasn’t long, of course, before Toma got his friends in Dorino to pick up the shell and spread tales of his honor and valor in retrieving such a great artifact. Obviously, it wasn’t much longer before Garg, stubbornly seeking his renown, publicly challenged Toma’s (and, thus, the town of Dorino’s) claim to the Rainbow Shell. Alone, he wouldn’t have been heard by anyone but the drunkard next to him at the Choras Inn, but Garg was not witless; he won over the Choras Elders’ support in exchange for a share of the prestige that could be gained. And so the propaganda war ensued.

While Toma is assuredly more popular among the royalty and the villages of Truce and Dorino, Choras and the majority of Porre support Garg by pure promise alone. It is this position that Gaspar needs to utilize to get to the bottom of ZEAL’s interference in time.

--

A fun little write-up... I actually plan on detailing the rest of his life at some point, but I felt this was important to describe first. The final bit may be a bit presumptuous, but I do have several options of where to go with Garg and of what his importance may be; one of them involved a long, arduous series of attempts to steal the shell from Toma and seal it back in the Giant's Claw and observe the repercussions to see if that may have been the change (an experiment, per se), but nothing is yet definite without approval from the Men.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2004, 11:50:51 pm »
Everything looks okay to me.

Since our writer for Toma seems to have gone AWOL, this seems like a particularly good background for the subplot.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2004, 12:27:24 am »
The only thing I'd like to note is that one of my characters' history has already stated that the Rainbow Shell ended up in Dorino, so we can't change that at first (Not that we can't, just that my work would all go to waste). After my character has reached the End of Time, we may be able to go back and alter the fate of the Rainbow Shell, but I, for one, don't see any reason to do so; the crew will probably have more pressing concerns.

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2004, 11:47:46 am »
Yes, that is what I intended; everyone will have to be exempt from changes to the Keystone before Garg may investigate by altering what ZEAL has already altered. But that is his purpose: to see what happened, since as Zeality tells me, it is so far unsure. Also, I am certain that if that is what Garg will be sent to do, he will fail miserably quite a few times before he actually does anything at all in Keystone's collective interest.

Anyway, my main concern is this: was it all right to suggest what areas may be particularly supportive of which "owner"? I.e., monarchy/Truce/Dorino for Toma, Porre/Choras for Garg?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2004, 11:27:49 pm »
More on Backer:

In combat with any humanoid, Backer prefers to focus on swordplay rather than using his magical abilities. While his swordplay is precise and graceful, his magical abilities are anything but. Contrary to other mages focus mana behind the scenes and release it in an elegant spell, Backer can only pull out elemental energy directly from the mana layer, and then exercise a small measure of control over it. He can either shoot out the channeled energy immediately (the most efficient use), or focus it into an orb of energy in his hand before releasing it in a more powerful, sudden blast. Alternatively, he can store energy in his sword, then either shoot it out or allow it to discharge when he strikes the enemy.

Channeling energy has a few notable effects on Backer's appearance. Whenever he channels an element, the irises of his eyes change from prismatic to match its color. As he increases the flow of energy, his skin tone starts to shift to match this color as well. When he's at maximum output, he starts to give off a powerful glow of this color as well.

For all of his skill and power, Backer has a couple of notable weaknesses. For one, he works very poorly with others, and often prefers to operate alone. Additionally, for all his cool exterior, he covers a tumultuous personality beneath, covering up a lifetime of rage and pain. Given the right circumstances, he may snap. I'm thinking that this may occur when a ZEALian enchantress tries to enchant him; the mind-altering effects of enchantment spells could have disastrous effects on a mind like his.