Author Topic: Character Sketches.  (Read 29067 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 05:57:42 pm »
While ZeaLity and I have decided on an opening for my character (Argus Donovan), we never figured out how he got his hands on the Dreamstone, so V_T's idea could work.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 01:13:08 am »
I want to reiterate that I've claimed a version of the CC Glenn for use at some point in this project.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 04:58:28 am »
Well shit-on-a-stick if that wouldn't be just confusing as hell if I used a version of Frog/Glenn...DAMNATION!!! I...got nothin' then...

OR WAIT! I think...I think I could change Glenn to Cyrus. Yep, that'd work just as well (since I haven't worked out the character anyways)...Unless we're cool with two different people being called Glenn...

:S

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Character Sketches.
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 12:20:50 pm »
Ah, well, I can't resist. Here you go with a female Keystonian:

Prisoner 33-T-Sigma (Sigma for short)

During the Toma Operation, the Zealian agents came across a strange girl wandering around Giant's Claw. She appeared plain, with dirty brown hair in a pony-tail, and in her late teens. One of the agents freaked out, believing she was an agent of some force operating against Zeal's wishes (Note that no such force actually existed at that point. This agent was just overly paranoid). He subsequently attacked her, being sure to knock her out rather than kill her. At the end of the mission, she was captured and brought back to Zeal for interrogation.

Unfortunately for both parties, her brutal capture had caused her to suffer amnesia, so she couldn't remember whether or not she actually was working against Zeal. As the interrogator worked on her, he interpreted her resistance as proof she had been trained by a highly capable organization. Consequently, he increased the intensity of her torture/interrogation. Magic users were brought in to use their specialized talents to get her to speak.

It was at this point that things started to go wrong. At first, it was minor an intermittent. A Fireball failed to find its target and circled around Sigma endlessly; an Ice spell fizzled out with no effect. Then, spells started backfiring. Casters would find themselves at the mercy of their own magic. It eventually reached the point where no spellcasters were willing to even be in the same room as her. Eventually, the interrogator gave up and arranged for her to be put in stasis. The stasis chamber was set up, and the she was placed into it. The spell seemed to work, at least at first. Later, when no one was around, it failed for seemingly no reason, and Sigma was freed. It is here that her story starts.

Note: Unlike most characters with amnesia, Sigma holds an uninteresting past. She was just at Giant's Claw out of archaeological curiosity.

Edit: Just a couple of things I thought I should add.

Note: Her ability to resist magic has nothing to do with her being special or anything. It's just a self-defense mechanism that arose from her ordeal.

Combat: Aside from her unique ability, Sigma is quite unspectacular in combat. With her experience spelunking (which she doesn't even remember), she developed a small proficiency with the pick (a short instrument usable for powerful piercing strikes), along with the muscles in her left arm to support it. Her ability, on the other hand, will turn out to be quite useful. At first, many spells and magical abilities will miss her or fail randomly. As she gains experience, she will be able to turn magic back on its caster, or allow certain spells (healing ones) through her guard.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 05:47:30 pm »
Fantastic. Good to see you aboard, Leebot.

I don't think you need to worry about getting too stretched out between various projects. There's still a good deal of formulation we need to do before this all gets started in earnest. On top of that, we're not expecting people to write novels for each entry.

I suspect this will play out in two different ways.

1. Some people's characters will be in close proximity to others. This will be those who are fighting to repair Zeal's changes to Keystone. Ideally, participants will stay on top of what's going on and post relatively short entries (~ couple of paragraphs, some dialogue) in quick succession. Something to the effect of being able to log on once a day and see a new entry.

If people take too long to post, everyone has to wait on them, and it kills interest in the project. No one wants to wait a week or two just to read a short entry.

2. Other people's characters will be working behind the scenes, only coming into close proximity to Gaspar's chosen every once in awhile. These people's posts will probably be longer and slightly less frequent. Characters who might be "sitting out" an adventure fall into this category as well.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 02:28:01 am »
One char from Keystone

Name: Leyton
Species: Human (Guardian) – Keystone Timeline
Date of Birth: 996 AD
Eye Color: Blue
Siblings: None
Parents: Unknown
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 120 lbs
Hair Color/Length: black, long but tied back in a queue
Marital Status: Single
Short Term Goals: None
Long Term Goals: Become a singularly focused individual
Dislikes: Anyone who would disturb his meditation, Porreans
Strengths: Speed and agility, force of will
Weaknesses: Quick to anger, especially if he has been unable to meditate
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, pondering the nature of time
Distinguishing Marks: Scar down right cheek from the eye down to the chin
Achievements:  None
Disappointments: That he was unable to aid the royal family in their escape after Porre invaded the Kingdom of Guardia
Personal History:  Orphaned at a monastery near Medina, the human Leyton was raised at first to be a new Magus, but once the Mystics made peace with Guardia, he was to be the first of a new, more tolerant generation of beings, human and Mystic alike.  Leyton learned many fighting styles from the Mystic monks there, along with much about the culture of the Mystics themselves.  When Guardia fell, many people from Truce fled to Medina, and some joined the monastery.  From them, he learned much about human culture, and about how Porre, once an ally of Guardia, turned against them and effectively stabbed the kingdom in the back.  He spent the next 12 years in the monastery trying to attain serenity and get rid of his anger, with some success.  He is now able to relegate that anger to the back of his mind, but it still comes through sometimes, and at the worst possible moments.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2004, 03:59:53 am »
...and here's one from ZEAL:

Name: Aias
Species: Human (Zealian) – ZEAL Timeline
Date of Birth: 315 AD (approximate equivalent to Keystone years)
Eye Color: Gold
Siblings: 2, both sisters; one is a sitting member of the Council
Parents: King and Queen Zeal the IV, both still living
Height: 5 ft, 10 inches
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair Color/Length: Purple, dyed, and long
Marital Status: Single
Short Term Goals: Learn what he can from the Council itself
Long Term Goals: Overturn the Council and restore Royal rule in Zeal
Dislikes: the Council and all its supporters
Strengths: Very strong willed, intelligent, ‘devious’
Weaknesses: Not strong physically, not incredibly magical
Hobbies/Interests: Keeping track of new research being done by the colleges
Distinguishing Marks: Purple hair, intricate tattoo on back of right hand extending down the wrist and up his forearm
Achievements:  Prince of Zeal, heir to the throne; planned the construction of the Council Building on the Royal Mountain below the palace
Disappointments: Lack of magical ability, in stark contrast to his sister on the Council
Personal History:  Born as the Prince of Zeal, Aias is the rightful heir of all he surveys.  However, he was almost completely without innate magical powers, a genetic flaw that hadn’t appeared for several generations within the family.  Without the powers that normally came with being a Royal, Aias had to get by on his intelligence, which was more than up to the task.  He made sure that he remained “in the know” on all projects going on in Zeal, but when the Council started conducting experiments in alternate dimensions, he knew that something was strange about it.  The Council slowly accumulated power over Zeal, so quietly that Aias almost didn’t notice what was happening.  It wasn’t until his family was reduced to figureheads that he realized what had happened.  He has sworn to remove the Council from power and restore his family to what is rightfully theirs, but must be extremely careful about it, lest he suffer an untimely “accident” arranged by the Council.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2004, 06:06:05 am »
So, what's the call on the Glenn issue? Can we have my alt dimension Glenn/Frog (who was actually never Frog at all...) & Ybrik's version of CC Glenn?

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2004, 11:41:37 am »
Sweet. Two things worth noting, Aitrus:

1. Immortality was attained ~1000 years before the date of this fic. (I believe ZeaLitY noted this somewhere. Maybe not. I think the exact date was 132 AD by the Guardian system.) If by "King and Queen Zeal IV" you mean literally the decendants five generations away from CT's King and Queen Zeal, they're going to be loooong dead. (~12000 years between CT's Zeal and the advent of immortality, after all!) If you're referring to something akin to "Elizabeth I" and then years upon years later having an "Elizabeth II", that works. Just a minor detail.

2. Royalty (which Aias is) are the only people who are going to have knowledge of who serves on the Council. Going public with that knowledge would be a very grave offense, as the Council very much enjoys their anonymity. Which reminds me, we probably need an article describing the Council in greater detail. I might get to that later this afternoon.

Translanka:

Yeah, I don't see a problem with it. They're two entirely different people - although having two Glenns might be a little confusing. Maybe he would have some reason to change his name after the accident in which he lost his sight? Maybe he's got a middle name he prefers? We do need a convinent way of separating the two.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 03:24:09 am »
About the characters, do they have to be from the current time(that the stories take place in) or can they be from the past as well?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 04:32:33 am »
1stoftheLast, I believe I asked a similar question (when regarding my alternate dimension characters), either in this or another thread I'm unsure, and the answer was basically that the characters should be from the new Toma-Keystone or ZEAL (mostly not ZEAL as we've got so many of them so far...but whatever I guess). I think that if you've got a good enough idea to introduce such a character, we could hear it, but otherwise, that we're sticking with the places most effected in the story so far...

Also...I suppose I've been kicking around the idea of giving my Glenn a last name...I've been thinking Hyrul...or Hyrule? However the hell you spell Link's last name...I don't have much reason as why...Maybe it's because of the green...Heh...but I'd like the change from Glenn being called Glenn to being called his last name to occur after the two Glenns meet or something...Wait, Ybrik, is your Glenn going to be one of Gaspar's Heroes or whatever?

Oh yeah, and here's my femme Keystoner...She's basically going to be a pseudo-companion to Hunter...I'll explain...

Amy Millian

The busty, whacky, easy-to-upset human woman who's one of a few beautiful women Hunter has gone to far lengths to avoid. For some reason she's got the hots for him (can you say furry luv? demi-fetish?), and normally follows him along whenever he's on a job. But she's not averse to going into her own quests for money or whatever (she's pretty loose with the rewards herself, but for more geniune reasons than Hunter). She's also quite the theif...but has a reputation for stealing after sex (another reason she may be after Hunter? well...it's at least a reason he tries to stay away from her).

She has long red (obviously a dye job, no red in nature in that shiny mess) hair that she normally ties into a pig-tail or braid for practical purposes. Yellow eyes, tanned skin (possibly islandic), under-cut V necks to show off her clevage, but mostly covered up everywhere else, again, for practical reasons.

She's a long-range kind of person. She has plenty of throwing weapons (stars, darts, dust balls, etc) and she also carries a spear.

Innate: Black

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 05:50:32 am »
I don't think Link ever really had a last name. And it's different Links in most of the games. The kingdom is called Hyrule though, with an 'e'.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 05:58:17 am »
Oh, that's right, it was the kingdom...Whatever, I dig Hyrule as a strong possibility.

*isn't the biggest Zelda fan*

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 06:39:15 am »
Well, I was thinking of doing an Earthbound character from either the present in the Zeal Timeline(I'm asuming that in the Zeal Timeline the earth is still in endless winter) or somewhere around 11,000 B.C. of the Keystone/Toma Alteration Timeline.

If no one really digs that one then I can come up with another.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 07:13:43 am »
The Earthbound thing sounds kind of interesting...But how are the Earthbounds handled in the ZEAL timeline? Has that even been covered?

I dunno about the 11,000BC one though...That time would be untouched by the Toma change in the Keystone timeline...