Author Topic: Character Sketches.  (Read 29091 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« on: September 27, 2004, 12:31:03 am »
This thread can serve a number of purposes.

First of all, I think it would be very helpful if everyone posted a basic description of their character(s) here. Although everyone will be writing primarily from the viewpoint of their own character, you're not going to be able to say much without mentioning other characters and their actions. In order to keep our characters as "in character" as possible, please give a brief description here including basic things such as personality, appearance, weapons they use, occupation, whateverelse you deem necessary.

Secondly, you can use this thread for whatever brainstorming you may want to do. Feel free to toss out ideas for your character(s) here and get some feedback.

And finally, some general character information/guidelines.

1. While there's no limit on how many characters you can create, let's try not to each spawn a CC-sized cast. Focus on a couple of characters instead of creating a new one every paragraph - or else Spekkio might have to drop by and massacre a couple in a rather grusome subplot....  :D (Night of the living Spekkio! Oh my!)

2. Try and diversify the cast. It would be pretty dull if everyone wrote about a spikey-haired kid with a katana who was a lightning innate. We don't need an entire cast who pops in and out of nowhere and mumbles a few lines about cosmic zen and then vanishes mysteriously. Also, remember that we're all writing this together. Your character probably shouldn't be able to take on an entire army all by his or herself.

3. By all means, take your characters wherever you like. Don't feel as if your character always has to embark on every subplot - most of the cast hung out at the End of Time in CT, right? Maybe he/she needs to relax and spend some time out fishing off an Arni pier. Develop your characters in any way you see fit.

If anyone else has anything helpful to mention or questions, don't hesitate to post.

EDIT: It has been pointed out that at various points throughout the story, some of you may want to write as pre-established characters. If you're interested in doing this extensively, please say something here so that we can all make sure its not going to interfere with a subplot or what have you. Also, try not to use the MAJOR heroes from CT/CC. (Crono, Magus, Serge, etc...) We've already seen their stories and we're aiming for a more original cast. Sorry if this offends your creative impulses.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 01:17:13 am »
1. Roget Parrion

Roget Parrion will be a general overseer of the dimensional project in ZEAL. Initially, he will mostly serve the purpose of providing technical information and viewing the departure of the ZEAL agents; he may make observations and notations on Gaspar's efforts later in the project. He represents the mass of ZEALians in the project whose scientific curiosity and zealous interest overtake moral issues dealing with ruining other dimensions and timelines. He is somewhat a member of the gentry, though he isn't as aristocratic as he thinks himself to be. Over the course of the project, he will become disillusioned with the project, and may lose his family's status in the gentry due to resignation.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 12:20:56 am »
2. Juan Z. Gerard (A hero of time)

Juan Gerard is the son of a Porrean official, meaning his life was destined for comfort and cavorting in the social circles of the aristocratic circles of Porre. However, Juan, who always had an interest in combat, made several painful decisions and dropped out of this life altogether, wanting to devote himself to the art of combat and go soulsearching. Juan believes in several tenets of Bruce Lee's theory; that rigid styles only impose upon the natural fluidity and flow of human beings, and that they ignore the totality of combat. Juan nonetheless is haunted every second by his decision, and this has affected his training; his lifestyle has become poor, and he has currently come to El Nido to sponge off a relative in Termina and walk the beaches pondering his decisions in life -- always fearing regret. He still has far to go in studying combat and adopting what works for him to shape his own expression in combat as a human being, and his physical fitness has suffered due to some malnutrition. Regardless, Juan continues to harbor a dream that he will come to term with his actions, and truly prove that they mean something to him. Above him like a spectre is love -- for he believes that love is something starcrossed, and cannot begin to fantasize about it in his current situation, in which physiological needs are a worry each week. Gaspar will recognize the potential for a magnanimous character and excellent fighter, and will recruit him in the fight against ZEAL to give his life direction and empower him to realize his dreams.

Yeah, this is copying off something, but here's his appearance:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Character Sketches.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 04:27:08 am »
edit: expect this post to be edited a lot...as it already has been...

Wait, does that "try not to use the MAJOR heroes from CT/CC" rule also apply to alternate dimension versions of those heroes? Or are you mainly talking about those taken directly from the CT & CC timelines?

If so...then I guess I won't use my Gil from my fic...BUT...if I can, I'd love to use a character I'm going to introduce via an alternate dimension in my fanfic...

*scratched Glenn*

If I can't use a dimensional split of a "MAJOR heroe(s) from CT/CC"...Then...I'll have to look at the Ideal History info and get back to you, because any secondary CC characters I'd like to use from my fanfic are based on my own perceptions of the Ideal Timeline...so...I dunno...

edit: alright, scratch Glenn...I don't know if I find him interesting enough...And I also have doubts about whether or not I'd be able to use him...

I was wondering, what are the restraints on the characters we're creating? Do they have to come from a certain timeline (the Ideal Timeline, or probably the new Toma+Rainbow Shell Timeline?)? Who are the heroes Gasper is going to obtain? Are they the heroes we make here? Or are they the major heroes? Are they from other timelines? Will we choose to write one of them as well? Or will they team up with the character(s) we create?

I suppose I'll create my own hero for now though...

Hunter Deschain

edit: didn't like 'Vex Variant', especially after seeing the outstanding names everyone else has made. I've also come to realize that calling someone by the latter letters in the alphabet does not inheriently make them cool. So, I guess instead of coming up with something original, I took two names from two of my favorite heroes of all time Hunter Rose (aka Grendel) & Roland Deschain (aka the Gunslinger).

Living the life of a Demi-Human is hard, but he tries his damnest. He's a drinker and a lover. He enjoys the company of a good woman, but will hardly growl off a bad one. Hunter is a ladies man whom a few have been able to see through. On a bad day (which aren't as few and far between as he'd like), he's a drunken louse who hits on anything that moves.

He works for money, but isn't unable to work for charity, as long as he gets something for it. His favorite prizes include alcohol & sex, but he has never turned down a shiny something-or-other. His pack regularly reflects these things. He has picked up various charms and amulets through his journey as a hired blade. Most recently, he has been forced to work more manual labor jobs including lifting, hauling, and breaking things.

Strong build, long blond hair that he keeps tied back with a black bandanna. He's feral-like, slightly larger incisors, short claws on fingers (he trims his toe-nails to fit into regular boots w/o tearing them), fur around his chin, and a light coating of fur on most of his body (exempting his lower chest region, his palms, bottoms of his feet, most of his face below the brow). The fur is a light yellow color with stripes of brown.

He carries a dagger and a hatchet. He is trained ambidextrous, but naturally a south paw. He normally wears an open cut-off shirt and/or vest, which accents his chest and his arms (tribal markings he made himself mar his biceps). His pants are normally heavy workers material or jeans with brown leather boots on his feet.

Magical Inherency: Fire
Elemental Innate: Red

He'll be my BoF3 Rei (not completely of course), mostly just in appearence (but even then...). I don't think I'll make him say "doesn't this just beat all"...but I just might.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 11:20:21 pm »
1. Naomi Maruyama, Charm School Reject

Shy, introspective, reserved, and well-mannered; descriptions ill-suited for most enchantresses, yet traits that describe Naomi Maruyama down to the letter. (Although when she does make her feelings clear, she often does so with blistering sarcasm!) Due to her passive personality, she is frequently ridiculed by her peers and would most certainly have chosen another art to study had she realistically been given the chance. (Going to the extent of finding it morally problematic at times.) Naomi's family have long been established as premier enchantresses and enchanters, meaning that she too must continue the proud lineage of her family. Sadly, her mother disappeared shortly after she was born, so Naomi now lives with her aunt - who happens to be the current Provostia of the School of Enchantment, which only serves to bind her further to her current studies. Whenever Naomi has the chance, she secretly escapes her misery by studying the ways of summoning, the school to which her heart belongs.

Age - 21

Appearance - Compared to other Zealians, Naomi doesn't seem quite so attractive, a point her peers frequently and incessantly point out. Still, she's far from being an eyesore. She's short for a Zealian - 5'6'', thin, has a fairly peachy skin colour, (Which does nothing to mask the freckles on her face - another point of ridicule.) and well-kept maroonish-red coloured hair that runs midway down her back.

Weapons, Combat Skills - If you have Naomi a weapon, she'd be more of a threat to herself than an enemy. She's not clumsy, but she's not exactly graceful either. Nor is she physically fit enough to possess natural aptitude toward martial arts. Naomi is a subpar enchantress, but given her Zealian arcane capabilities, she could make life difficult for a mere human. She also has secretly obtained a book or two on summoning and studied it extensively, although this does little to foster the skills needed to be a competent summoner.

2. Sessimine Chisato Maruyama, Eccentric with a Capital E

If Naomi lacks the traits to be a successful enchantress, then Sessimine possesses them in spades. As Provostia of the School of Enchantment in Najrun, she teaches a number of classes (Naomi being one of her students) while serving as the principal administrator of the academy. Sessimine took Naomi under her wing after the child's mother vanish and loves her dearly, although she frequently expresses her frustration with Naomi's dislike of her studies and constantly pushes the young girl to shine with the intelligence she knows Naomi hides deep down.

Age - Appears to be in her late thirties. Given Sessimine's talents, she is probably far older.

Appearance - Calling Sessimine beautiful would be a bit of an understatement. Although she is capable of changing her appearance at any given moment, (And frequently does) she is naturally black-haired, although wisps of silver-coloured strands are to be found throughout. (Making her look sophisticated, not elderly! Telling Sessimine she looks old should only be done if one has a deathwish they seek to be fulfilled rather quickly!) Other noteable features include naturally long eyelashes, pale-cream-coloured skin, and a figure that naturally looks as if she's wearing a corset.

Weapons, Combat Skills - Sessimine is pretty much in the same boat as Naomi when it comes to physical combat, although she does have an interest in gymnastics and is quite nimble on her toes - however, the chances of ever needing to utilize them in a life-threatening situation are slim, for only the most mentally-resilliant opponent could stand against her spellpower very long. Who needs to fight when you could turn your enemies into friends?

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 11:36:37 pm »
And to answer your question, Translanka...

Generally speaking, the heroes should come from the Keystone Timeline (+ Toma Shell Alteration, assume effects are relatively minimal) but if you think you can work a hero in through other means - say, through being captured by Zeal and escaping to Keystone, that's plausible as well.

Do can do whatever you like with your character - although joining Gaspar's crew is the intended course of action, you can make your character a nuisance instead. The plan is to work mostly with author-penned characters as much as possible, so it would be nice to see people create their own heroes instead of recycling old ones. (After all, they've had their chance to shine.) If you've got a smashing idea for a pre-established character though, don't hesitate to give it a whirl.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 05:55:42 pm »
Ok, I've only got some vague ideas, so expect edits to this post. I'm thinking of a a former student of the time school in ZEAL, who had some falling out. He's exceptionally powerful, but most of his power cannot be used. He has tattoo's of the Mammon Seal (see my avatar) on both his hands that prevent him from using his full powers without Dreamstone. He has escaped to the Keystone dimension, and is quite prepared to act against whatever it is ZEAL is doing. I know, it's vague, and I would apreciate any suggestions.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 06:08:01 pm »
I was wondering if anyone backed up the Compendium or something with my 'sketch' of Glenn...I only just realized I should have kept that stuff for possible use.

:S

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 07:00:49 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I was wondering if anyone backed up the Compendium or something with my 'sketch' of Glenn...I only just realized I should have kept that stuff for possible use.

:S

Sorry. I plan on backing up a number of these threads once we've gotten a little more in place, though.

Quote from: Radical Dreamer
Ok, I've only got some vague ideas, so expect edits to this post. I'm thinking of a a former student of the time school in ZEAL, who had some falling out. He's exceptionally powerful, but most of his power cannot be used. He has tattoo's of the Mammon Seal (see my avatar) on both his hands that prevent him from using his full powers without Dreamstone. He has escaped to the Keystone dimension, and is quite prepared to act against whatever it is ZEAL is doing. I know, it's vague, and I would apreciate any suggestions.

I forget if anything about "The Council" has been posted yet. In short, they're the people responsible for the dimensional experiments being conducted by Zeal, and they're rumoured to be the real power in the kingdom at this time - although no one dares to admit it. The Council is a really shady bunch; no one knows precisely how many people serve in it, much less what their identities are. The Council communicates its will to the project leaders through a single represenative - yet even he/she does not know any more about the Council itself than the rest of Zeal.

Chosen are selected carefully by the Council for a specific purpose - to oversee temporal/dimensional research. Because their studies have a single aim, chosen pretty much have a set curriculum they follow, meaning that there is virtually no difference between them other than how far they have progressed in their studies. On top of this, compared to other students of magic, chosen as a whole are pretty weak - only a very, very, very select few in their already small order ever achieve the kind of power necessary to create a timegate.

Still, having the potential to alter time is very dangerous indeed. You'd better believe that the Council keeps a very close eye on the temporal school. Should a chosen step out of line.... the Council would stop at nothing to have their wayward student silenced.

I'm certain Gaspar would be interested in meeting such a renegade... having seen what Zeal is doing, your (RD) character would definately want to take the Guru up on his inquiry and attempt to stop them from further maligning other timelines. I suppose he would have developed moral problems with the kingdom's research, prompting his refusal to comply with his orders.

Hope that helps.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 11:00:59 pm »
3. Nasreen Ferdows

Nasreen, on the exterior, is the posterchild of a proper aristocratic lady in ZEAL. Entered upon the completion of her normal education into the School of Enchantment for her classic beauty, she nonetheless dropped out and received harsh criticism for her family -- composed of parents who numbered among the first to receive the benefits of immortality in 132 A.D. -- and now is nearly an aimless drifter. Viewed by her peers as overly quiet, but acqueising to social demand, few know her true nature -- that of a restful, quiet dreamer, yearning more to sleep upon an Enhasian bed forever than bear the burden of the waking world. She feels that in the grand, supposedly enlightened world of ZEAL, the honest expressions of art and human beings has been stifled by the schools of magic and the class rivalries; that one can hardly be an individual without meeting resistance and being forced to submit. She did not arrive at her current position of sulking and dropping out of society by an active rebellion of the spirit, but rather by sleeping away the days and doing nothing. She regularly can be seen within sunlit parlors, or upon the edges of cliffs in rainy days, gleaning rich poetry from her imaginative mind.

The School of Temporal Magic has beckoned for her through her family in recent weeks; though she feels she has no choice but to heed the call of this elite society, she knows not why she has been chosen, or the life in store for her. Indeed -- if she were not immortal, or kept under a watchful eye by her peers, she may have already plunged to the icy world below, separating herself from this world entirely.

I'm thinking she might be a love interest for my hero, Juan Gerard. She might eventually get dragged into the project somehow or another due to an aberrant, out-of-control gene that enormously boosts her ability in Shadow magic -- a fact hidden by years of passive life.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Character Sketches.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 12:01:23 am »
Currently 5 ZEALians and 2 non-ZEALians. Heh.

Symmetry, thank you for your help. I would think that temporal wizards having great power would be something to fear, thus the tattoos. Actually, they were the starting point. I thought it would be cool if a character had Mammon tattoos to seal his power unless he had Dreamstone. I sort of built from there. Well, if he has these seals, then there are two consequences: He's uncommonly powerful and someone doesn't want him using that power. The seals don't completely prevent him from using magic, but as spells get more powerful, the seals limit their actual power, or even outright prevents the most powerful spells he knows from being cast.

I was unsure about the nature of his falling out, but it seemed to be the way to get those seals on him, and have him fit with the overall plot of the story. I was thinking that he got too powerful, and started doing his own (smaller) experiments, or, having seen the results of ZEALs meddling, defected and tried to stop their dimensional experimentation programs. That's how I get outlaw who escapes to Keystone. I'll refine the idea more as time goes on, thanks for the help.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 08:04:18 pm »
Perhaps, if we have some characters who are captured by ZEALians, like the previous idea for introducing a alternate dimension character (or two?) of mine, your tattooed character could escape while these alternate dimensional prisoners were being transfered in. Or perhaps Mr. Tattoo, could plan an escape w/the alt. dimensioners...

Just an idea...since it seems a tiny bit more plausible that they'd imprison someone of such power along with put them tattoos on him. As a Plus, if we DID use my characters (I wanted Gil & alt Flea to be prisoners), it would work splendidly, because Gil has a Pendent, which is Dreamstone! But whatever is decided is fine with me, I'm just throwin' out some idears.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 04:27:35 am »
Oh well, I guess I'll add some light descriptions of my characters, how I'd want them in the story, or how much they could be in or limited to the story, and stuff just for kicks...In case...although it should be noted that I've neither wrote about my alt Glenn or Flea yet...

Gil

Magus returned to 12000BC, searched the ruins of Zeal & the Ocean Palace for a year, managed a  makeshift Magical portal that sent him to a whakky future where he learned about a Time Egg...Upon traveling to get this Time Egg in 1020AD, part of his darker side was semi-split apart from him, mostly unbeknownst to Gil. He then rescued a slightly older Marcy, who followed him. After they got the Time Egg, they used it, but being unfinished and activated as it was (it was willy nilly up to the very end), it sent them to an alternate dimension year 1000 (winter).

I thought this dimension could easily be one of the ZEALian messed dimensions. A few of the changes include: Crono's premature death when he was very young, Lara's death, Magus's death on Denadoro, and Flea being not only just a female, but also her strong emotional bond to the alt Magus who died on Denadoro.

Gil also meets Elle, who is an alt. Lucca. He then obtains the alt. Nadia's Pendant and upon going to the alt. 600, they join Glenn to find Flea, who eventually helps Gil semi-create a Gate Key.

He's become fairly introspective through his new journeys (which can be attibuted to the darker half being split) and sees many things in dreams.

Instead of a Scythe, he now uses two sickles, and he no longer has his cape (he buried his mother in it, how sweet, right? har har).

Basically, if he's allowed, I'd want him locked up. If he were to plan an escape with Radical_Dreamer's character, then he would be recaptured, or simply wouldn't make it out...Or perhaps he would make it out, but play no larger part in the ZEAL story...But since he'd have a Pendant he would really no longer need, I thought it would be cool for him to be somehow connected to RD's character who needs Dreamstone...But then again, my Glenn would also have some Dreamstone from his Masamune...

Marcy

She was seperated from her brother when she was young. Marcy uses a pair of spiked Denadorite gloves. She is very passionate and would die fighting for her quest for her brother, which she has been on since she was very young. Her days of traveling have left her a little sour at the world, but very tough. She looks up to Gil because he saved her, he's powerful, and because their goals are so similar. She feels that by following him, she too will find what she's looking for. She also has come to be physically attracted to him, but she doesn't exactly know it until Elle comes along...

Elle Ashtear

From the alt 1000AD. She's very dark, especially compared to her Keystone half. She was actually in the process of slitting her wrists w/Taban's razor before Gil & Marcy showed up. This is all part of Crono's not being there for her (he died very young). Having no friends, she became very kind of introverted. Her mother died, and she blames her father Taban (who also blames himself) and is distrustful of many people. She is haunted by dreams of people, creatures, demons, and artifacts of things and a vast redness (many things from Chrono Trigger). She is an artist and a self-taught katana-wielder with a unique style of fluid power. She often awakes from dreams finishing a stroke on a painting. She follows Gil because he is one of the things she painted: maou. She also followed him because she was forced, and because she trusts him blindly because of her dreams. She also is physically attracted to him, and she butts heads with Marcy, although Marcy always masks it as something else about Elle she doesn't like. Elle knows better. Neither of them really has any real chance at Gil.

If Marcy & Elle came into the story, I don't think Gil would allow them to come with him to ZEAL. I think he'd make them wait in a timeline somewhere...Probably in where-ever exactly in post-CC Toma-Ideal Timeline people are coming from...Or something...Maybe they'd just stay in the End of Time...They wouldn't do anything against ZEAL unless he said so...If Gil came back, or they saw him in another timeline, they would go to him, and out of the ZEAL fanfic.

Glenn

From alt. 600AD. He not only survived the confrontation on Denadoro (and was not turned into a frog at all), but came away from it with not just a wicked blinding slash across his eyes, but also with the defeat of Magus & Ozzie. Although there were losses (aside from his sight): Cyrus is dead, and he blames himself, the Masamune was split in two at the blade. Now the Masamune is closer to dagger in size, with a diagonal blade. He sharpened the blade, and has strapped the broken off tip to his left wrist.

Although he lost his sight, he gained a kind of sixth sense which allows him to see spiritual projections of people and things. In or because of these projections, he has come to find a kind of god. He follows Gil because he believes it is his calling to do so as he has already killed the man, although he knows Gil is not the same, he senses the man he killed somewhere beyond Gil (the detached darker side).

If Glenn were to find out about ZEAL, he would stand up to them because he would think that is why he followed Gil, to stop ZEAL. But even under other circumstances (ie w/o Gil being used) he would also step up to the plate...

Flea

From alt. 600AD. This Flea was always a woman. She also had a very emotional relationship with the dead (in the alt. timeline) Magus. I haven't worked her character much, but I think she would be a very sarcastic character, very tricky though. She follows Gil because she sees it as her fault Magus died at Denadoro. Also because she thinks she can love Gil, which isn't necessarilly untrue, but I don't think Gil would be so easily distracted.

Flea would follow Gil to ZEAL even if he didn't want her/told her not to. I would also LOVE IT if she died in ZEAL, possibly to protect Gil even, would be great. Or perhaps just trying to escape...Flea dying would be good.

So, basically, I could see Gil, Marcy, Elle, & Flea taking really bit-parts in this, and Glenn could really be a hero. I wouldn't want the others to do much. I don't see my Gil (or any non alt. Magus) as being a hero out to do good, he's a very selfish creature in a way. He would care for ZEAL for his own ends only.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2004, 06:18:49 pm »
Interesting, although a bit of spoiler for Magness, yeah? I haven't quite read that far along into it to be familiar with everyone. While mulling over ZEAL ideas in its preliminary stages, I too had kicked around incorporating characters from "Portrait", but ultimately decided that it would be more enjoyable to work on entirely new ones.

There are a couple of concerns that come to mind with your cast - certainly ones that can be worked around. Introducing five people from another timeline and getting them tangled up in our story seems to be a hell of a way to start. You've noted that you don't plan on dragging them all around, and I definately think that's for the best - managing six people in a scenario like this would become hectic. From what I can tell, your cast is pretty much here to drop off Glenn and then return to their prescheduled adventure. Detaining Gil can definately be arranged, although I believe RD and ZeaLitY have worked out the opening scene between two of their characters already. If you want Gil to be more active, I might have a use for him, and that can be discussed shortly.

My other concern is that if you're going to involve Glenn & Gil, we're going to need to push incoming writers to author characters FROM KEYSTONE. We have a number of people from elsewhere and this is fine - but we definately need more Keystonians. Everyone can't be from an alternate timeline and all, you know. (Prospective authors take notice!)

Anyway, interesting stuff, especially Elle. That only reinforces the notion that I need to get around to finishing Magness in the near future.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Character Sketches.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 11:48:58 pm »
Yes, I suppose it does spoil some things in Magness...although I see them as fairly minor. Mostly I tried to just put as much as would give a brief interpretation of the characters...With Glenn & Flea, I haven't even written their parts in Magness, so I hardly know how much I'm giving away there. In that way, it's kind of helpful to have them 'sketched out' a bit beforehand. I think there's still a lot left to find out in Magness though to keep anyone even moderately interested in these characters to still be surprised...

I don't really suppose that these characters have to show up right away at the beginning, some time later would work as well I suppose. I thought of Gil & Flea being captured more as a way to get them out of the main ZEAL story. But I'm totally open to any suggestion for possibly working Gil (or whoever) into it in a more active role.

Also, I still intend on probably making one or two other Keystone characters (aside from Hunter Deschain)...Probably a female as we've only seen female ZEALians so far I believe...

I need to finish updating Magness (much less finish writing it!)...I haven't even submitted the part with Elle yet (yikes!).