Bend of Time - Inactive Projects > Project ZEAL

Character Sketches.

(1/24) > >>

Symmetry:
This thread can serve a number of purposes.

First of all, I think it would be very helpful if everyone posted a basic description of their character(s) here. Although everyone will be writing primarily from the viewpoint of their own character, you're not going to be able to say much without mentioning other characters and their actions. In order to keep our characters as "in character" as possible, please give a brief description here including basic things such as personality, appearance, weapons they use, occupation, whateverelse you deem necessary.

Secondly, you can use this thread for whatever brainstorming you may want to do. Feel free to toss out ideas for your character(s) here and get some feedback.

And finally, some general character information/guidelines.

1. While there's no limit on how many characters you can create, let's try not to each spawn a CC-sized cast. Focus on a couple of characters instead of creating a new one every paragraph - or else Spekkio might have to drop by and massacre a couple in a rather grusome subplot....  :D (Night of the living Spekkio! Oh my!)

2. Try and diversify the cast. It would be pretty dull if everyone wrote about a spikey-haired kid with a katana who was a lightning innate. We don't need an entire cast who pops in and out of nowhere and mumbles a few lines about cosmic zen and then vanishes mysteriously. Also, remember that we're all writing this together. Your character probably shouldn't be able to take on an entire army all by his or herself.

3. By all means, take your characters wherever you like. Don't feel as if your character always has to embark on every subplot - most of the cast hung out at the End of Time in CT, right? Maybe he/she needs to relax and spend some time out fishing off an Arni pier. Develop your characters in any way you see fit.

If anyone else has anything helpful to mention or questions, don't hesitate to post.

EDIT: It has been pointed out that at various points throughout the story, some of you may want to write as pre-established characters. If you're interested in doing this extensively, please say something here so that we can all make sure its not going to interfere with a subplot or what have you. Also, try not to use the MAJOR heroes from CT/CC. (Crono, Magus, Serge, etc...) We've already seen their stories and we're aiming for a more original cast. Sorry if this offends your creative impulses.

ZeaLitY:
1. Roget Parrion

Roget Parrion will be a general overseer of the dimensional project in ZEAL. Initially, he will mostly serve the purpose of providing technical information and viewing the departure of the ZEAL agents; he may make observations and notations on Gaspar's efforts later in the project. He represents the mass of ZEALians in the project whose scientific curiosity and zealous interest overtake moral issues dealing with ruining other dimensions and timelines. He is somewhat a member of the gentry, though he isn't as aristocratic as he thinks himself to be. Over the course of the project, he will become disillusioned with the project, and may lose his family's status in the gentry due to resignation.

ZeaLitY:
2. Juan Z. Gerard (A hero of time)

Juan Gerard is the son of a Porrean official, meaning his life was destined for comfort and cavorting in the social circles of the aristocratic circles of Porre. However, Juan, who always had an interest in combat, made several painful decisions and dropped out of this life altogether, wanting to devote himself to the art of combat and go soulsearching. Juan believes in several tenets of Bruce Lee's theory; that rigid styles only impose upon the natural fluidity and flow of human beings, and that they ignore the totality of combat. Juan nonetheless is haunted every second by his decision, and this has affected his training; his lifestyle has become poor, and he has currently come to El Nido to sponge off a relative in Termina and walk the beaches pondering his decisions in life -- always fearing regret. He still has far to go in studying combat and adopting what works for him to shape his own expression in combat as a human being, and his physical fitness has suffered due to some malnutrition. Regardless, Juan continues to harbor a dream that he will come to term with his actions, and truly prove that they mean something to him. Above him like a spectre is love -- for he believes that love is something starcrossed, and cannot begin to fantasize about it in his current situation, in which physiological needs are a worry each week. Gaspar will recognize the potential for a magnanimous character and excellent fighter, and will recruit him in the fight against ZEAL to give his life direction and empower him to realize his dreams.

Yeah, this is copying off something, but here's his appearance:

V_Translanka:
edit: expect this post to be edited a lot...as it already has been...

Wait, does that "try not to use the MAJOR heroes from CT/CC" rule also apply to alternate dimension versions of those heroes? Or are you mainly talking about those taken directly from the CT & CC timelines?

If so...then I guess I won't use my Gil from my fic...BUT...if I can, I'd love to use a character I'm going to introduce via an alternate dimension in my fanfic...

*scratched Glenn*

If I can't use a dimensional split of a "MAJOR heroe(s) from CT/CC"...Then...I'll have to look at the Ideal History info and get back to you, because any secondary CC characters I'd like to use from my fanfic are based on my own perceptions of the Ideal Timeline...so...I dunno...

edit: alright, scratch Glenn...I don't know if I find him interesting enough...And I also have doubts about whether or not I'd be able to use him...

I was wondering, what are the restraints on the characters we're creating? Do they have to come from a certain timeline (the Ideal Timeline, or probably the new Toma+Rainbow Shell Timeline?)? Who are the heroes Gasper is going to obtain? Are they the heroes we make here? Or are they the major heroes? Are they from other timelines? Will we choose to write one of them as well? Or will they team up with the character(s) we create?

I suppose I'll create my own hero for now though...

Hunter Deschain

edit: didn't like 'Vex Variant', especially after seeing the outstanding names everyone else has made. I've also come to realize that calling someone by the latter letters in the alphabet does not inheriently make them cool. So, I guess instead of coming up with something original, I took two names from two of my favorite heroes of all time Hunter Rose (aka Grendel) & Roland Deschain (aka the Gunslinger).

Living the life of a Demi-Human is hard, but he tries his damnest. He's a drinker and a lover. He enjoys the company of a good woman, but will hardly growl off a bad one. Hunter is a ladies man whom a few have been able to see through. On a bad day (which aren't as few and far between as he'd like), he's a drunken louse who hits on anything that moves.

He works for money, but isn't unable to work for charity, as long as he gets something for it. His favorite prizes include alcohol & sex, but he has never turned down a shiny something-or-other. His pack regularly reflects these things. He has picked up various charms and amulets through his journey as a hired blade. Most recently, he has been forced to work more manual labor jobs including lifting, hauling, and breaking things.

Strong build, long blond hair that he keeps tied back with a black bandanna. He's feral-like, slightly larger incisors, short claws on fingers (he trims his toe-nails to fit into regular boots w/o tearing them), fur around his chin, and a light coating of fur on most of his body (exempting his lower chest region, his palms, bottoms of his feet, most of his face below the brow). The fur is a light yellow color with stripes of brown.

He carries a dagger and a hatchet. He is trained ambidextrous, but naturally a south paw. He normally wears an open cut-off shirt and/or vest, which accents his chest and his arms (tribal markings he made himself mar his biceps). His pants are normally heavy workers material or jeans with brown leather boots on his feet.

Magical Inherency: Fire
Elemental Innate: Red

He'll be my BoF3 Rei (not completely of course), mostly just in appearence (but even then...). I don't think I'll make him say "doesn't this just beat all"...but I just might.

Symmetry:
1. Naomi Maruyama, Charm School Reject

Shy, introspective, reserved, and well-mannered; descriptions ill-suited for most enchantresses, yet traits that describe Naomi Maruyama down to the letter. (Although when she does make her feelings clear, she often does so with blistering sarcasm!) Due to her passive personality, she is frequently ridiculed by her peers and would most certainly have chosen another art to study had she realistically been given the chance. (Going to the extent of finding it morally problematic at times.) Naomi's family have long been established as premier enchantresses and enchanters, meaning that she too must continue the proud lineage of her family. Sadly, her mother disappeared shortly after she was born, so Naomi now lives with her aunt - who happens to be the current Provostia of the School of Enchantment, which only serves to bind her further to her current studies. Whenever Naomi has the chance, she secretly escapes her misery by studying the ways of summoning, the school to which her heart belongs.

Age - 21

Appearance - Compared to other Zealians, Naomi doesn't seem quite so attractive, a point her peers frequently and incessantly point out. Still, she's far from being an eyesore. She's short for a Zealian - 5'6'', thin, has a fairly peachy skin colour, (Which does nothing to mask the freckles on her face - another point of ridicule.) and well-kept maroonish-red coloured hair that runs midway down her back.

Weapons, Combat Skills - If you have Naomi a weapon, she'd be more of a threat to herself than an enemy. She's not clumsy, but she's not exactly graceful either. Nor is she physically fit enough to possess natural aptitude toward martial arts. Naomi is a subpar enchantress, but given her Zealian arcane capabilities, she could make life difficult for a mere human. She also has secretly obtained a book or two on summoning and studied it extensively, although this does little to foster the skills needed to be a competent summoner.

2. Sessimine Chisato Maruyama, Eccentric with a Capital E

If Naomi lacks the traits to be a successful enchantress, then Sessimine possesses them in spades. As Provostia of the School of Enchantment in Najrun, she teaches a number of classes (Naomi being one of her students) while serving as the principal administrator of the academy. Sessimine took Naomi under her wing after the child's mother vanish and loves her dearly, although she frequently expresses her frustration with Naomi's dislike of her studies and constantly pushes the young girl to shine with the intelligence she knows Naomi hides deep down.

Age - Appears to be in her late thirties. Given Sessimine's talents, she is probably far older.

Appearance - Calling Sessimine beautiful would be a bit of an understatement. Although she is capable of changing her appearance at any given moment, (And frequently does) she is naturally black-haired, although wisps of silver-coloured strands are to be found throughout. (Making her look sophisticated, not elderly! Telling Sessimine she looks old should only be done if one has a deathwish they seek to be fulfilled rather quickly!) Other noteable features include naturally long eyelashes, pale-cream-coloured skin, and a figure that naturally looks as if she's wearing a corset.

Weapons, Combat Skills - Sessimine is pretty much in the same boat as Naomi when it comes to physical combat, although she does have an interest in gymnastics and is quite nimble on her toes - however, the chances of ever needing to utilize them in a life-threatening situation are slim, for only the most mentally-resilliant opponent could stand against her spellpower very long. Who needs to fight when you could turn your enemies into friends?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version