Author Topic: Timeline & Dimensional Clarification  (Read 2950 times)

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Timeline & Dimensional Clarification
« on: February 18, 2005, 06:56:51 pm »
The timeline charts show the unifed dimension originating in 1020 AD as a combination of Home and Another.  I think it is more likely that Home was discarded, and a new timeline was created in Another where Serge lived.  The only reference to the dimensional unification  I could find was this segment from the ending.

[Schala]
Time, which has been divided, will be unified again now. The time for farewells has come... You will lose all memory of this whole adventure and return to your own time.  But this time you will be able to live your own life!

I am curious what people think about this.

I also made this chart, which I think more accuratly protrays the dimensions as space-times and not timelines.

Edit: Fixed broken link.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:56:37 pm »
I'd erase the boundary on the DBT on your chart, GL. It seems to me that the DBT is simply the rest of the universe, outside all other timelines.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:29:41 pm »
I see what you mean, Leebot.  I took that into consideration for this new chart.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 10:49:52 pm »
Well, now I don't see the DBT labeled at all. That's your choice, but I'd put it on there somewhere.

Also, I would make the Chronopolis arrow into a double-headed arrow (it's a permanent time-travel type thing). On that line, I would make the Dead Sea arrow point in the other direction, and at 1010 AD (where it first showed up) rather than 1020 AD.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 11:35:45 pm »
Yea, you might want to label "Darkness Beyond Time" in that space right above the Key since not much is going on there.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 11:57:34 pm »
Wow, GreyLensman, that diagram is amazing.  It clarifies everything the way a verbal explanation couldn't.

razor's edge

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 12:31:14 am »
Pff. Who needs verbs.

And GreyLensman, it's great. Although I wonder, since the events of CC do take place, even though no one remembers said events, wouldn't the unification of the dimensions take place at 1020 AD? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 09:06:12 am »
Are we sure that Dinopolis was drawn from the Reptite Dimension's 2,400 AD? I don't remember the year being mentioned in the game.

Not only that but, "2,400 AD" is supposed to mean (according to CT) "2,400 years after the founding of the Kingdom of Guardia". So, as Guardia never existed in the Reptite Dimension, I don't think the Dragonians use the same calendar as the common one in the series.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Not only that but, "2,400 AD" is supposed to mean (according to CT) "2,400 years after the founding of the Kingdom of Guardia". So, as Guardia never existed in the Reptite Dimension, I don't think the Dragonians use the same calendar as the common one in the series.

Or you could define it as "65,002,400 years after the year in the reign of Azala when Lavos would have crashed," in which case they line up fine, as long as we can assume that everything before 65,000,000 B.C. was the same in the Reptite and Lavos dimensions.  The only calendar we know is the Guardia one, so we might as well define everything in terms of that, as long as we're talking about dimensions that involve the CT planet.  (This assumes that the planet's orbit wasn't changed by Lavos.)

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 02:10:36 pm »
Quote from: Metacod
Quote from: Chrono'99

Or you could define it as "65,002,400 years after the year in the reign of Azala when Lavos would have crashed," in which case they line up fine, as long as we can assume that everything before 65,000,000 B.C. was the same in the Reptite and Lavos dimensions.  The only calendar we know is the Guardia one, so we might as well define everything in terms of that, as long as we're talking about dimensions that involve the CT planet.  (This assumes that the planet's orbit wasn't changed by Lavos.)

Even then, it could have been "65,001,560 years after..." or "66,000,000 years later" or something. The game doesn't say if Dinopolis came from 2,400 AD, it could have came from an older era or a later one.

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 03:46:32 pm »
However, the game *does* say that Dinopolis was drawn back as a counter to Chronopolis, leading us to believe that they should be approximately equal.  And, since the only possible frame of reference we have for the Repitite dimension, aside from this, is the Repitite ending in CT (if we were to believe that these are the same dimension), then it is a reasonable assumption that Dinopolis is also from their equivilant of 2400 AD, whatever year that may be.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 04:11:08 pm »
I've revised the chart to include your suggestions.  The Darkness Beyond Time is not labelled, but it does exist on the chart. The discarded timelines, marked in grey, are in the DBT.  If there was another dimension to work with, these timelines could be grouped to gether in a meaningful way (eg. inside the page).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 06:37:40 pm »
This thread seems to be okay. The issue with Kid falling into a coma can be remedied by the fact that she fell into a coma as a direct result of duress from the incomplete Time Egg rewinding her history. So she would have been in an incapacitated state regardless of the orphanage incident, I propose. If anyone wants to comment further, you may.