Author Topic: Tata and the Fake  (Read 541 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Tata and the Fake
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:17:24 pm »
By the Fake i mean Pierre. Do these two have a connection? Because my first thought playing the game was that he would be to Glenn what Tata was to Frog, but that never happened, but they do have similarities with the Hero's Medal and all. So any theories Could they be related in any way?

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Does a time egg hatch a time bird?
    • View Profile
Re: Tata and the Fake
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:40 pm »
Easy, It could have easily been a reference to chrono trigger. They have alot of those in chrono cross.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 02:58:32 am »
Storylinewise there isn't a real connection, but designwise Pierre was definitely inspired by Tata according to Masato Kato:

4. Where did inspiration for such over-the-top characters as Pierre, Mojo, Macha, Turnip, and Van come from?

Take Pierre, for example: we started off by saying we wanted a wacko fake hero like Tata from Trigger. We also said things like "we need at least one powerful mom," "no way we're gonna go without a twisted brat," and so on so forth. Basically a bunch of selfish wishes (laugh). Also, the staff as a whole came up with many ideas of what types of characters we wanted to put in the party. Mojo was actually a test 3D model of a doll made by one of our staff early in development. I decided, based on personal taste, "This guy's cool. Let's make him join the party!" Everyone probably thought I was just making a joke, though (laugh).

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:20:34 pm »
Storylinewise there isn't a real connection, but designwise Pierre was definitely inspired by Tata according to Masato Kato:

4. Where did inspiration for such over-the-top characters as Pierre, Mojo, Macha, Turnip, and Van come from?

Take Pierre, for example: we started off by saying we wanted a wacko fake hero like Tata from Trigger. We also said things like "we need at least one powerful mom," "no way we're gonna go without a twisted brat," and so on so forth. Basically a bunch of selfish wishes (laugh). Also, the staff as a whole came up with many ideas of what types of characters we wanted to put in the party. Mojo was actually a test 3D model of a doll made by one of our staff early in development. I decided, based on personal taste, "This guy's cool. Let's make him join the party!" Everyone probably thought I was just making a joke, though (laugh).

But could there be? Thats my question.