Author Topic: Nature of the Dragon Gods  (Read 4373 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Nature of the Dragon Gods
« on: May 08, 2007, 11:53:20 pm »
When separated into the six weaker entities, does each dragon have its own mind? Probably not, but I want to make sure.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Nature of the Dragon Gods
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:05:51 am »
Yes, each one seems to have their own personality. Just look at Harle for example.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:33:11 pm »
"Green--red--yellow--blue--white--black--moon/harlequin/psuedo-frenchy sort of girl--By your powers combined, I am Captain Evil Dragon!"

I guess Harle is kinda like Heart?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:53:28 pm »
"Green--red--yellow--blue--white--black--moon/harlequin/psuedo-frenchy sort of girl--By your powers combined, I am Captain Evil Dragon!"

I guess Harle is kinda like Heart?
.... yyeeeeaaahhh...

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 01:42:09 am »
Well...Harle is special, a creation of the dragons, so it would think different from them. Her love for Serge being a good example. All I mean is that when you defeat Fate, you see the dragons speak the same sentence part by part. The second to last dragon says, "Now, for all humans..." then the last dragon says, "I shall make you bleed!". So it kinda sounds like a single entity saying it, you know? Not to mention they all say the same things, and express themselves the same way when you meet them.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 03:57:32 am »
Well...Harle is special, a creation of the dragons, so it would think different from them. Her love for Serge being a good example. All I mean is that when you defeat Fate, you see the dragons speak the same sentence part by part. The second to last dragon says, "Now, for all humans..." then the last dragon says, "I shall make you bleed!". So it kinda sounds like a single entity saying it, you know? Not to mention they all say the same things, and express themselves the same way when you meet them.
actually, if I recall, harle says before merge: "I wish I didn't have to fight you." I think she's fighting serge more for the sake of the other six needing to fuse, then rather for herself.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:01:10 pm »
Yeah, that's what I mean. Harle has her own will since she's different from the other dragons. And her loyalties lied with them slightly over Serge, even if she loved him. What I am wondering is if the other six dragons are all the same entity split up, so they all think alike. That would explain their same sentence structure.

Altimadark

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:03:41 am »
The way I thought of it, the Dragons (Harle included for the sake of argument) are each a splinter of the complete Dragon God/Lunar Dragon.  They're independently-minded, but they all stem from a single being with a single mind and will, and, for the most part, all have the same fundamental desire for reunification.  Each Dragon is its own person/dragon, but at the same time longs to return to the single entity it was once a part of.

Well, that's my take on it, anyway.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 11:10:03 am »
dont forget that the green dragon ust wanted to eat them...

Korvis

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 11:43:55 pm »
Hmmm....The rest of the dragons would be able to take on "Human Avatars" such as Harle?

chronos_cat

• Iokan (+1)
  • check out the entire ChronoTrigger Unglued series!
    • View Profile
    • www.newgrounds,com
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 10:38:56 pm »
The way I thought of it, the Dragons (Harle included for the sake of argument) are each a splinter of the complete Dragon God/Lunar Dragon.  They're independently-minded, but they all stem from a single being with a single mind and will, and, for the most part, all have the same fundamental desire for reunification.  Each Dragon is its own person/dragon, but at the same time longs to return to the single entity it was once a part of.

Well, that's my take on it, anyway.

i agree. the dragons personalities seem to take off their nature element. for example, the blue dragon is peaceful and quiet, such as water is portrayed. the green dragon can be "wild" (eating serge and company) as a jungle. the red dragon wants to fight, and has a "fiery" personality. the black dragon isn't what id call "evil", hes just..."dark"ish. the "white" (sky) dragon is compassionate (saving serge and company from Dead Sea collapsing) and "light" or "holy". the earth dragon is....um....down to earth. :?? and harle is....uh...harle :) but she has the whole "im in love with serge!" attitude, so it is possible she might be "heart" or "love".

thats my theory. what do u guys think?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 10:52:50 pm »
Hmmm....The rest of the dragons would be able to take on "Human Avatars" such as Harle?

Whoa -- can anyone offer evidence to support or deny Korvis' musings? This is a thought-provoking question, and, if the answer is the affirmative, would open many possibilities for fanfiction and hacking and the like.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 10:54:28 pm by FaustWolf »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 10:41:00 am »
Harle's nature as a dragon god? One might say she is over the moon for Serge ;) Moonstruck, as it were.

Whoa -- can anyone offer evidence to support or deny Korvis' musings? This is a thought-provoking question, and, if the answer is the affirmative, would open many possibilities for fanfiction and hacking and the like.

Such isn't an unreasonable conclusion. After all, the Dragon gods aren't really dragons. To quote Belthasar in CC:

Quote from: Belthasar
   The Dragon Gods were originally
   a singular plasma life-form...
   ...A living accumulation of the
   planet's energy!
   Originally it was a biological
   machine used to control the
   powers of nature in the future
   society of the Reptites.
   In order to control the natural
   energy itself, FATE divided the
   one Dragon God entity up into
   6 weaker plasma life-forms...
   Then scattered them across
   the land and sealed them away.
   Their dragon-like appearances
   are just pseudo-guises...
   ...Temporary forms they take
   so that they can appear in
   this dimension.

There doesn't seem to be any indication that the dragon gods have to take those specific "pseudo-guises," just that they do. Presumably, Harle is also a plasma life-form and her appearance is also just a "pseudo-guise." It seems reasonable to suppose that she could have taken on a form of a Dragon instead, or that the Dragons could have taken on human form instead.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 11:03:53 am »
Thank you Thought! That seals the deal for me.

Plasma life forms...hm, hm, hm, HA HA HA! Kato was a genius.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 02:12:44 pm »
Uh oh... I hear plot work gears churning!

That can never be good.

(And by never I mean almost always.)