Author Topic: Chrono Cross Ending Enigma  (Read 82475 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Ending Enigma
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 07:47:56 am »
That does it. This guy is some rare form of troll. He can't possibly be serious.
If he is a troll, then he's quite a good one, If not humanity's general intelligence has degraded quite a bit.

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 02:39:21 pm »
instead of judging other ppls human shells, y not try to uncover some of the riddles in the dev. ending, thats what this freakin thread is about... not youre ego.

"it is important to push where u cant pull"

this mite mean that theres a secret in a corner where you cant BACK UP to, so you would need to push something like a statue.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:36 pm »
Interesting, even if there are a lot of riddles, i guess i'll check it out. ProjectoR, hope you do not have much work to do, it seems a worthy task to adventure in, anyway, do not give up, keep your sword and shield and run toward that damn door. (Someone said that saying english was not your native language was important, well, i speak some kind of spanish since i was 2 years old, so please forgive every word and every grammar mistake)

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 11:15:47 pm »
hey i loved that FAQ when i was younger!
i read it before i even played CT and CC (long before)
and man, it was awesome! all the secrets, all the riddles! all the emotion! i loved that FAQ.
 it was the best one i have ever read!

i MUST believe he is telling the truth!

also, have i ever told anyone about how baddly i want to cyber RadicalR?? i mean just to hear wtf she would say, random awesome stuff, probally some random yelling about amy or something...man, radicalR is like the missiah of internet forums. i think R and the person who wrote that FAQ need to have a child, and than that child needs to create a game.

anyway, is R still here? or did she get banned?
also, what did we find out about that door?

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »
by the way, i am double lazy, so can someone link me to
1) an emulator
2) an Chrono Cross ISO
3) an save file at the room

or just a save file at the room for PSP?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 11:25:13 pm »
1. Radical R is not ProjectoR
2. Radical R is male
3. ProjectoR is male
4. We can't link to ROMs
5. There's nothing behind the programmer's door

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 11:31:31 pm »
1. Radical R is not ProjectoR
2. Radical R is male
3. ProjectoR is male
4. We can't link to ROMs
5. There's nothing behind the programmer's door
wait, theres 2 Rs? man, rofl, man, i suck. by the way, the one yelling about amy was male also? its profile said girl.
also, how do you know theres nothing behind the door?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 11:33:22 pm »
I opened it in 2003 with a Gameshark code that's been around for a long time on other sites, like GSCentral. It's just a dead exit. The reason I posted the FAQ here is so that people would analyze the Kid outfit changing thing and room modifier code. And yeah, ProjectoR was a strange male who probably wants to stalk Amy.

Sora

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • The Terror Of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 11:35:47 pm »
so....why does she change outfits?

also, have you read anything else like that FAQ? if so i'd love a link.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »
And I highly doubt ProjectoR's claims that "you aren't opening it the legit way".
I know that FF7 has dedicated area connections as well as event triggers which teleport you, and I bet Chrono Cross does too. (Chrono Trigger does this too.) Why would they bother making a teleport that only works under certain conditions when you need to open the door first?

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 03:06:41 am »
Doubting ProjectoR is like Doubting the will of God, you just don't do it :lol:

9th Sage

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 02:23:38 am »
This won't exactly be helpful, and I know that no one really has a reason to believe me (seeing as I've just registered to mention this) but I have obtained this key once.  Only thing is I'm not sure exactly how, though it was inspired by what was in that FAQ (Spectra Swallow, then playing with the music).  I won't go as far to say it is as logical as this FAQ Man seems to think...I don't remember Kid saying anything, just grabbing the Key (it wasn't like a story event, or something like that). 

Hm, come to think of it, too, the Key didn't have a specific name, it was just key.  Kid grabbing it was about the extent of you having it, too, if I remember correctly (though it didn't say 'Kid stole a Key!' or something like that, I'm certain it was some kind of a generic item message with 'key' in it as Zeality said).  My idea on it was that it was once (in an old version of the game) some kind of a trick to get this key to get into a more advanced debug area, but now that I think about it that doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, as far as I could tell, there is no function (so it's not really that exciting, just interesting).  It must be something that was either dummied out or all access was cut from the normal game.  Anyway, I just wanted to post this because I do remember getting this key.  I just wish I could post more concrete evidence for you guys so there'd be 'actual' proof.

Heh, believe me or not, this is what I remember.  Been a fan of the site for awhile, you folks do some interesting Chrono-related work, so, well, keep it up. :D

Audustum

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 12:54:11 am »
This won't exactly be helpful, and I know that no one really has a reason to believe me (seeing as I've just registered to mention this) but I have obtained this key once.  Only thing is I'm not sure exactly how, though it was inspired by what was in that FAQ (Spectra Swallow, then playing with the music).  I won't go as far to say it is as logical as this FAQ Man seems to think...I don't remember Kid saying anything, just grabbing the Key (it wasn't like a story event, or something like that). 

Hm, come to think of it, too, the Key didn't have a specific name, it was just key.  Kid grabbing it was about the extent of you having it, too, if I remember correctly (though it didn't say 'Kid stole a Key!' or something like that, I'm certain it was some kind of a generic item message with 'key' in it as Zeality said).  My idea on it was that it was once (in an old version of the game) some kind of a trick to get this key to get into a more advanced debug area, but now that I think about it that doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, as far as I could tell, there is no function (so it's not really that exciting, just interesting).  It must be something that was either dummied out or all access was cut from the normal game.  Anyway, I just wanted to post this because I do remember getting this key.  I just wish I could post more concrete evidence for you guys so there'd be 'actual' proof.

Heh, believe me or not, this is what I remember.  Been a fan of the site for awhile, you folks do some interesting Chrono-related work, so, well, keep it up. :D

Actually, I can back you up on that a little.  While I never got any key (nor did I ever turn Kid into her orphanage outfit, Spectra Swallow eh?), I DID turn her into her normal red outfit from the shadow by just using the music.  After that, she would nod and shake her head 'yes' or 'no' as different music played, but I found no pattern to it (and I spent 3 hours playing with it after I got her in the red outfit).  She would never switch from nodding to shaking during a song, but if one was stopped and started again later she might be nodding or shaking.  What the author of that FAQ seems to be describing certainly fits the overall trend of how she behaved to the music, but, ultimately, there were flukes.

I never saw a white outfit or got a key though.  I think I might've found something that helps govern it though.

One person in this thread (not bothering to find the name), made a sarcastic comment about this part of the FAQ:
Therefore, the story which effected the change was not in the story leading up
to getting into the development ending, but the one from the preceding.

The FAQ author isn't saying that the story in the game that gets the developer's ending changes the room.  He's saying that the game that THAT New Game+ is based off of changes things in the developer's ending..

So if I go with the 'ignore Kid's poisoning and get Glenn' route, my New Game+-Developer's Ending off of that should have differences when compared to a New Game+-Developer's Ending made off of a game where I said 'screw Glenn, I'm saving Kid' and took that route.

I've never tried that.  Could be something.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:55:58 am by Audustum »

StormTR

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 06:49:23 pm »
Hi, hoping I'm not just trying to revive what'll end up being a dead thread soon, but the thought that the New Game+ stuff is edited by things from the Developer's Ending is interesting. I haven't tried it though, as I haven't actually used New Game+ (Embarrassingly enough, I've only beaten the game with the "real" ending once, and that was yesterday. Yeah, I had this game in early 2001 but, gave a friend my copy shortly after I started as compensation for breaking accidentally breaking his Star Ocean: Second Story, and had surprising difficulty finding a copy until about June 2007. Hm...even then didn't get started until October, but I'll stop rambling now, sorry). It does seem kind of probable though.

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2008, 06:37:21 pm »
Hi, hoping I'm not just trying to revive what'll end up being a dead thread soon...

Illogical necromancy is allowed, i guess.