Author Topic: Project ZEAL Prologue and Writers' Bible Released  (Read 2852 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Project ZEAL Prologue and Writers' Bible Released
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:35:08 pm »
Project ZEAL was a collaborative fan fiction project undertaken in 2004. Written by an all-star cast of Compendium regulars, the work spanned over forty scenes before the project was abandoned. The plot of the story was simple -- in a different dimension, Zeal never fell, and its resulting blossoming in science and magic allowed it to meddle with other dimensions, often unethically and with disastrous results to the test worlds. Well, they've knocked on the door of the Keystone Dimension, and Gaspar isn't too happy. He's rounding up a band of new heroes to combat the agents of ZEAL (the Zeal from a different dimension) and eventually overthrow the civilization altogether. Though the project was abandoned, the scenes written carried it through the prologue, introducing several characters and taking them to the End of Time. The Writers' Bible also explains much about future plans for ZEAL and juicy details concerning the civilization's organization and culture. To immerse yourself in this unique fan-created Chrono world, read this feature.

[hidden]My, what a big check on my to-do list that was...[/hidden]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:56:07 pm by ZeaLitY »

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Does a time egg hatch a time bird?
    • View Profile
Re: Project ZEAL Prologue and Writers' Bible Released
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 12:29:12 am »
Neat graphics in that picture and an interesting story too. I would LOVE to see a modern version of zeal, so sad it ended up like many other projects.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:27:30 am »
The source is:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/1/12/Mammonmachinebg.jpeg

It was the background of the other Chrono Compendium, which was an ezboard that died around the time this site was made.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 01:38:26 pm »
I've been reading through it, and I have to say it's very in-depth. Very good, though, and it's further caught my interest.

I love the plot. :)

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:10 pm »
Awesome.

I'm reading it now, and I realize that the topic which explained the mechanics of Magic and Zeal Society etc. was only the tip of the iceberg.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 06:58:31 pm »
I'm currently at scene 14. It's awesome so far, although the start of scene 10 was a little confusing for me. The only real problem I have is that I don't know if I can read all scenes first or if I must read the Writers' Bible beforehand (it's so long...). But overall it's pure awesomeness. I really like the Gryph parts with his "family" scenes. It's kind of reminiscent of Ashley's background in Vagrant Story. It was nice to see terms like TTI, PD, etc. directly uttered in the fiction too.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Project Zeal
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 03:44:45 am »
Man, really wish we could have continued this.  Sorry I dropped out so early, there was a lot I wanted to do with my character.