Author Topic: Found real incredible rpg  (Read 918 times)

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
Found real incredible rpg
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:30:31 pm »
I don't know if anybody has played or even heard of this rpg that I just found out about just last week, but it's called Romancing Saga.  I'ts a really in depth rpg that has Eight characters that you can play as.  The thing that really gets me about this game though is that every choice, every decision that you make, can make changes both big, and small, to the story of the others the next time you play through the game, so it's a new game every single time that you play it, even if you choose the same character, as long as you make different choices, then the game is still different!!  It's a title from square, and it came out sometime in 2005, but the graphics aren't that bad, and it has a turn based fighting setup, sortta like ff 10, except when you run into "enemy symbols" then you start a fight that could be against any where from 1, to 6 or more enemies.  It has a really deep story line about the overall goal to accomplish in the end of the game, which is the only thing that stays the same when you play as another character after you beat the game all the way through and clear it.  The only thing that I will tell you that might be considered a spoiler, is that there's this man named Minstral, and he plays a strange guitar, if you talk to him, he may tell you a tale that will let you progress through the story or access new areas.  If your interested about this game, then you should definetly check it out, well worth the $15 that I spent on it, but don't let the price fool you :)

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Re: Found real incredible rpg
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:22:02 am »
Anybody smell the mold?

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:21:26 pm »
Your calling this game old and yet your a chrono game fan?  Dr. Jeckal and Mr. Hide perhaps?  The games that make the basis of this forum are mostly older then 2005, and think about this, don't nock it till you try it :P, if you do some research about this game you'll see that it got a harsh review, but it really is a good game, it's just as good and deep as chrono trigger, and you can always find things to complain about in every game, no matter how good, so don't be so harsh on it to until you see for yourself the things that make the game good in my eyes.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:48:54 pm »
Since the 16-Bit days, I've never been a big fan of the series...I'd rather play Tactics or something...8)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:09:21 am »
Its a great game but it takes too much time & memory card space.   And also, the Saga series has a bad habit of making the game bit too complex IMO.

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 04:58:08 am »
I never liked the SaGa series, come to think of it. >_>

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 07:45:37 am »
Your calling this game old and yet your a chrono game fan?  Dr. Jeckal and Mr. Hide perhaps?  The games that make the basis of this forum are mostly older then 2005, and think about this, don't nock it till you try it :P, if you do some research about this game you'll see that it got a harsh review, but it really is a good game, it's just as good and deep as chrono trigger, and you can always find things to complain about in every game, no matter how good, so don't be so harsh on it to until you see for yourself the things that make the game good in my eyes.

... What? Do I smell brash assumptions in the above paragraph? Awesome.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 06:00:38 pm »
I really don't remember why but SaGa never interested me, It might have been the combat.