Poll

Okay, you guys. Who would win in a free-for-all?

Crono (CT)
12 (35.3%)
Cloud (FF7)
0 (0%)
Sephiroth (FF7)
8 (23.5%)
Magus (CT)
7 (20.6%)
Serge (CC)
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: CT-CC-FF7  (Read 9263 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: CT-CC-FF7
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2008, 03:22:06 am »
Serge has the poorest reasoning capabilities. Case in point: Leena.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2008, 09:56:44 am »
Serge has the poorest reasoning capabilities. Case in point: Leena.

I always hated that brat. She becomes useless the moment you recruit another blue innate character...

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2008, 02:08:10 pm »
...another blue innate character...

If by that you mean Marcy, I'll have to agree with you (not counting level 99 stats). There is no better blue innate magic user than Leena for a very long time (all the way up to Lynx, for obvious reasons), and since FrogPrince > enemies, you can see why she's useful.

To each their own though, I suppose. Personally, I like Leena (as a character and in battle). :)

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2008, 03:28:29 pm »
...another blue innate character...

If by that you mean Marcy, I'll have to agree with you (not counting level 99 stats). There is no better blue innate magic user than Leena for a very long time (all the way up to Lynx, for obvious reasons), and since FrogPrince > enemies, you can see why she's useful.

To each their own though, I suppose. Personally, I like Leena (as a character and in battle). :)

If you recruit Pierre, there's really no reason to keep using her in my opinion. Her techs really aren't that great, but Pierre is very useful when fighting bosses early in the game, such as Marcy or Lynx, when your HP is probably going to fall very low. Pierre's first Tech is very useful; it allows you to do the classic rpg pattern "Heal-Attack-Attack". Along with having good strength as the game progresses, and also hjaving an advantage with healing elements like Cure and CurePlus, he becomes a Paladin of sorts. AND he can summon FrogPrince.

Case in Point, Pierre > Leena.

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2008, 06:02:27 pm »
If you recruit Pierre, there's really no reason to keep using her in my opinion. Her techs really aren't that great, but Pierre is very useful when fighting bosses early in the game, such as Marcy or Lynx, when your HP is probably going to fall very low. Pierre's first Tech is very useful; it allows you to do the classic rpg pattern "Heal-Attack-Attack". Along with having good strength as the game progresses, and also hjaving an advantage with healing elements like Cure and CurePlus, he becomes a Paladin of sorts. AND he can summon FrogPrince.

Case in Point, Pierre > Leena.

No offense, but are we playing the same game? Pierre's strength and magic are both amazingly bad early to mid-game, and being able to use Cure and CurePlus means nothing since anybody in the game can do that (CureAll may be what you're thinking of, but that element sucks). When you get Pierre back late-game, he is somewhat ok, but only if you equip all his Hero gear. By that point, you can easily have Orlha, who outclasses him in almost every way possible (as far as I remember).

I know Leena is fairly bad strength-wise as well, but that's sort of the point (she's a mage, obviously). Her magic easily makes up for that, unless you get RNG screwed. Marcy is a good mixture of both strength and magic, so that's really the only reason I'd say she's better than Leena.

For the record, HealAll is the best healing element overall anyway (targets all, good healing, available early). Everybody can use that as well, of course.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2008, 06:51:29 pm »
I haven't played through the whole game with Pierre, but I've done enough to know that I'd take Leena or Nikki any day.  And later on, I'd just go with Fargo or Marcy.  As for healing elements, Heal all is great.  But if they sold Cure all in stores and was as easy to find as Heal all, I'd definitely go with that.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2008, 07:11:01 pm »
Hands down, though, Fargo is the best blue innate character. He can use FrogPrince, has an amazing level 7 tech and can steal, what more can you ask for, eh?

And I forgot about Nikki. Bad part is, Nikki isn't that great of a physical attacker. Great magic user, but he really isn't useful throughout the entire game... When you get the mock Excalibur in Chronopolis and equip it to Pierre, woah. Talk about damage.

Plus, he's the quickest way to get into Viper Manor. Guile's cool and a black innate with stong techs, Nikki is a great healer and can summon Frogprince, not to mention he fights with a guitar (Awesome!), but Pierre outdoes them all I believe. But to each his own.

Leena's still a brat, though.

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2008, 10:14:37 am »
Hands down, though, Fargo is the best blue innate character. He can use FrogPrince, has an amazing level 7 tech and can steal, what more can you ask for, eh?

And I forgot about Nikki. Bad part is, Nikki isn't that great of a physical attacker. Great magic user, but he really isn't useful throughout the entire game... When you get the mock Excalibur in Chronopolis and equip it to Pierre, woah. Talk about damage.

Plus, he's the quickest way to get into Viper Manor. Guile's cool and a black innate with stong techs, Nikki is a great healer and can summon Frogprince, not to mention he fights with a guitar (Awesome!), but Pierre outdoes them all I believe. But to each his own.

Leena's still a brat, though.

Yeah and when you get Hero's shield , Sword and medal he becomes more powerful and gets the last tech!!!

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2008, 04:17:52 pm »
True, Pierre is the quickest way to get in Viper manor, but I think it's worth the extra time on Guile.  He's like one of the best people later on.  If you get all his element slots anyway.  Plus, his magic is AWESOME!  When you first get him Wandaln is like super powerful.  Nikki, ehh.  He's good, but I think it's more worthwhile to do one of the other two.  You have to do quite a bit to get him.  I guess I just never liked that forest.

Molotov

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • SDA Chrono Cross page.
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2008, 06:59:39 pm »
For the record, Nikki is the best way to get into Viper Manor for one simple reason: he's the only guide that isn't forced into your party for that part. This is good, because you can use someone else (or two other people, if you ditch Kid) you might actually like instead. Better stat growth that way as well.

What I just said is obvious, but I felt it should be noted.

[Edit]: A decent choice is Poshul, since she can't fit in the Acacia gear. Kind of funny to see a pink dog following two guards around.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:02:06 pm by Molotov »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008, 03:27:41 am »
lol.  I guess I never used Poshul in Viper manor so I haven't seen that.