Author Topic: Question about shadow magic.  (Read 8122 times)

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
Re: Question about shadow magic.
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 07:12:38 pm »
About Shadow Magic and its relation to the other elements: The game manual specifies that Shadow is the combination of the other three. Of course that could be just another translation but its supported by the game itself. The tech "Delta Storm" essentially a combination of Fire2, Water2, and Lightning2, does Shadow damage. I know because I relied heavily on it when Magus pulled up his "Shadow" shield and DarkBombed you.

The most powerful magic users seem to use Shadow, though whether or not it was the original form of magic is up to speculation.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:21:35 pm by ShoeMagus »

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 01:44:02 am »

It was there, but Crono could not see it.

Yes...but remember, every single second we have the Gate Key, we can see the Gates. When we don't have the Gate Key, like when it is missing in 65,000,000 B.C., the Gates disappear from sight. This, to me, means that Lucca programmed something into the Gate Key to excite the Gates into existence whenever they step near, allowing them to see the Gates as a visible, though not physical, distortion. It would make sense, as it is just a limited version of what the Gate Key does anyway.

What's your point? This is completely and totally obvious. As I keep saying, the Gate Key is used to excite the Gates into revealing themselves. Without it, the distortion is invisble and cannot be interacted with on any level. Even when visible it still cannot be interacted with, unless you exert the full effects of the Gate Key and open it manually. Otherwise Gates would just open up whenever the party stepped near them rather than waiting till the party intentionally touched the Gate.

That was my whole fucking point all along. Learn to read next time.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 03:59:46 am »
About Shadow Magic and its relation to the other elements: The game manual specifies that Shadow is the combination of the other three. Of course that could be just another translation but its supported by the game itself. The tech "Delta Storm" essentially a combination of Fire2, Water2, and Lightning2, does Shadow damage. I know because I relied heavily on it when Magus pulled up his "Shadow" shield and DarkBombed you.

The most powerful magic users seem to use Shadow, though whether or not it was the original form of magic is up to speculation.

The manual's wrong. Lightning is not need to "make" Shadow magic. Fire and Water are enough as evidenced by the Double Techs Antipodes.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 11:14:20 am »
[
That was my whole fucking point all along. Learn to read next time.
Then learn how to make your point clearer, Zaper. That way we understand it better.

Oh, and a piece of friendly advice: don't get so worked up about these little debates. It's not as if you need to have any real emotional investment in them. I don't...most of the time.

ShoeMagus

• Guardian (+100)
  • "We are...the dreamers of Dreams."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 01:14:02 pm »

The manual's wrong. Lightning is not need to "make" Shadow magic. Fire and Water are enough as evidenced by the Double Techs Antipodes.

Did you actually test this during gameplay? I would assume the best place to do it would be in the fight with Lavos' head.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 03:46:12 pm »

Did you actually test this during gameplay? I would assume the best place to do it would be in the fight with Lavos' head.
I have, many times. Antipode becomes a Shadow element.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 03:37:48 pm »
there is nothing to prove that they dont actualy stay in one place until the gate closes. It could very easily be that the horizon of the gate is stationary in time until it closes and then it disconnects from that time dragging them through the gate to the other end which opens upon arrival. And schalas pyramid most likey blocked all forms of energy from with and without as well as physcal contact. This means that the gate key could never open it as whatever energies it used to do so could not reach the gate.

And on teh gate being sealed on both ends. IT makes sens if you look at as The true destination of the gate is not the end of time but either 65m or 12k with one end sealed off and unable to open, the other end through laws of the games physics should also seal off because there is no circuit. remember that gaspar told them that They "COULD" always use a gate to go there. Not that they had too. But iwth the circuit closed it wouldnt even be able to open up in the end of time. this is evident in the lack of either gate at the end of time.

And delta force is registered as a triple elemental attack.. try using it on a creature with lightning abosrbtion and watch what happens.