Author Topic: Sprigg confirmed to be a Mystic?  (Read 1904 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Sprigg confirmed to be a Mystic?
« on: April 24, 2007, 03:13:18 pm »
Characters are grouped under several categories in the artbook Missing Piece. The book is in Japanese, but is filled with headers written in English. One of the character categories is "Demi-Human", while another one is "Demon & Fairy". The latter category contains two characters: Sprigg and Razzly. It's normal that Razzly isn't included in "Demi-Human", since fairies are born from trees according to one of them in the Water Dragon Isle... but what about Sprigg? According to Missing Piece, she's not a Demi-Human but a "Demon."

Incidentally, the Chrono Trigger Retranslation has revealed that the Mystics were called Mazoku, i.e. Demons, in the Japanese version of the first game. If we are to trust the English wording in Missing Piece, then Sprigg is definitely a Mystic. This would make my theory about the Magic Guild having originally been a group created by Magil more likely.

What remains to be done is to check the Japanese term for "Demon" in Missing Piece and see if it's the same word as CT's Mazoku. I've attached the scans of the relevant pages.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:17:06 pm by Chrono'99 »

VinceIP

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Sprigg confirmed to be a Mystic?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:24:33 pm »
Aren't all Demi-Humans the same as Mystics? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere. Sprigg sure looks like a Mystic (like an old, female Imp from CT), and you could also say she looks like a Demi-Human.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:29 am »
I checked, and it's the same. It's good to officially confirm that Mystics are still Mystics, and that Demi-humans are descendants of humans and Dragonians / other Dragonian peoples from Dinopolis.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:52:27 am »
Aha, awesome! It seems Mystics really like to change forms, there was Yakra, Flea, Yakra XIII, and now Sprigg. I wonder what Kato planned to do with the Magic Guild though... Magus was kind of the solitary guy, but here he had apparently assembled a group of magic-users, or maybe infiltrated an existent one.

Hell, maybe Magus was travelling in time in search for Schala, brought together some "friends" like Ozzie and co. to tag along, got involved in some kind of adventure, lost Ozzie and co. in the Bend of Time, Sprigg between two dimensions... and himself somewhere in Kato's mind. :/

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:23:07 am »
Ah, it hurts to think of those possibilities. I'm hoping we'll learn something once Missing Piece is translated.

Guile

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 06:36:06 am »
I always thought Mystics(Demons) were replaced by Demi-Humans in Chrono Cross glad to see I was wrong afterall. This Mage Guild thing seemed interesting, but as always poor Guile/Magus didn't make it through.
 I was wondering what's this "Missing Piece" everyone around here is talking about?! Is it really important, or something for Chrono Cross's plot?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 10:53:03 am »

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:22:34 pm »
you Know I started up an online RPg and one of the first things I did was differentiated between demihumans and mystics.. Outside of mystics very few people in teh moderna eras are capable of innate magic