Author Topic: CHRONO COMIX  (Read 130369 times)

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONO COMIX
« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2011, 05:08:17 pm »
You should totally make a comic with the cast complaining how the Nu is trying to freshen its image and making Nu expressions.

*boot to the head on the pun*

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:37 pm »
That'd actually be hilarious

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »
I like the smilies and I think it's great to finally have Chrono-related icons on the forum.  It'd be easy to not use them if you don't like them.  That's what these keys are for, right?  ] = [

I think you did a great job Bekkler.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 09, 2011, 11:11:21 pm »
I'm just saying they are scary. A party clown doesn't yell about constructive criticism and the pains he goes through in his craft every time he makes children fear pee.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:00 am »
I think the smilies are fine... if only a little big to be used properly on a paragraph. But oh well... I've got no need for that anyway... 8)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 10, 2011, 12:16:00 am »
I'm just saying they are scary. A party clown doesn't yell about constructive criticism and the pains he goes through in his craft every time he makes children fear pee.

Again, if you want to make something better, go for it. Fuck it. Also your metaphor makes no sense. If you don't have a reason to go along with your hate, you're just flaming.

Saj, Boo, Acacia and Alfador - thanks. I agree with all of you.

And I'm done talking about it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:33:57 am by Mr Bekkler »

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 10, 2011, 10:08:12 am »
It seems my words were misinterpreted.  Let me be clear: I was not making a criticism about the quality of the work; merely a comment on the creepiness of some of them.  The graphical quality itself is acceptable.  Thus, when I said, "worst" in this context, I meant "most creepy."  As for why, probably because it reminds me of the smile people have after they've been poisoned to death by the Joker.  If this was part of what you were going for, well then... excellent work.  I actually didn't notice any crooked teeth before you mentioned it and had to stare pretty hard at the icon to find them.  If anything, the crookedness adds to the piece; straight teeth would look too fake on such a small image.  If the Joker smile is not what you were going for, perhaps you could try reducing the amount of space the smile takes up on the nu's face.

I think maggiekarp meant "pee fear," not "fear pee."  Makes complete sense that way.  If I had to guess why she was disturbed by the winking nu, it might be because the wink on that particular nu is the kind that suggests it is sexually attracted to what it is looking at, and most people are not sexually attracted to nu.  If pedo-nu is not what you were going for, perhaps you could try closing his mouth.

And as it so happens, I did make my own.  Almost two years before you made yours, in fact.  They never caught on, though, because some of the expressions were too hard to read at the size they were at.  Any bigger, though, and they wouldn't fit in-line with a paragraph, like some people have been complaining about yours.  It's pretty much impossible to make everyone happy, eh?  Since I refused to increase the size, I gave up on the project and offered for anyone to pick up where I left off, having the advantage of starting with the significant graphical resources I had already created.  There were no takers.  Then you made your own from scratch 22 months later.

Anyway, calm down.  They're just my opinions.  Everyone's got 'em.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 10, 2011, 11:17:50 am »
It seems my words were misinterpreted.  Let me be clear: I was not making a criticism about the quality of the work; merely a comment on the creepiness of some of them.  The graphical quality itself is acceptable.  Thus, when I said, "worst" in this context, I meant "most creepy."  As for why, probably because it reminds me of the smile people have after they've been poisoned to death by the Joker.  If this was part of what you were going for, well then... excellent work.  I actually didn't notice any crooked teeth before you mentioned it and had to stare pretty hard at the icon to find them.  If anything, the crookedness adds to the piece; straight teeth would look too fake on such a small image.  If the Joker smile is not what you were going for, perhaps you could try reducing the amount of space the smile takes up on the nu's face.

I think maggiekarp meant "pee fear," not "fear pee."  Makes complete sense that way.  If I had to guess why she was disturbed by the winking nu, it might be because the wink on that particular nu is the kind that suggests it is sexually attracted to what it is looking at, and most people are not sexually attracted to nu.  If pedo-nu is not what you were going for, perhaps you could try closing his mouth.

And as it so happens, I did make my own.  Almost two years before you made yours, in fact.  They never caught on, though, because some of the expressions were too hard to read at the size they were at.  Any bigger, though, and they wouldn't fit in-line with a paragraph, like some people have been complaining about yours.  It's pretty much impossible to make everyone happy, eh?  Since I refused to increase the size, I gave up on the project and offered for anyone to pick up where I left off, having the advantage of starting with the significant graphical resources I had already created.  There were no takers.  Then you made your own from scratch 22 months later.

Anyway, calm down.  They're just my opinions.  Everyone's got 'em.

Yeah, I don't think I was mentally in a very good place when I responded. It was the word "worst" where you lost me the first time.

Nu are inherently ugly, and certain judgement calls had to be made while I was making them. If I wasn't 100% sure, I  looked at the yellow smiley, doubled the size, and used it as a guide. Winking Nu, as you described it, is now the funniest out of all of them for me. And I agree about the crooked smile Nu, both that it looks similar to Joker's victims and that straight teeth would look really bad (tried that first). Nu with teeth is already an unsettling concept.

I needed a chill pill. Sorry I blew up. And sorry that it seemed entirely directed at you. I've just seen at least four or five posts about them being weird, and a switch flipped in me that made me forget they're weird kind of on purpose. Hell, the confused Nu was almost a Nu just standing with its back to you. I thought it was hilarious, but wouldn't easily translate. Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings.

And I actually knew about your smilies, and liked them, but the main criticisms were small physical size and large file size, so I made mine opposite, bigger physical size and smaller file size.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:14 pm »
*whew* Situation defused.  I'm glad.  Apologies accepted all around.

maggiekarp

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13:49 am »

happy valentines you slimy freak

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 15, 2011, 01:19:47 am »
Does this mean Frog returns to being a prince a human? (or in Disney's POV, does Marle turn into a frog?) :P

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 15, 2011, 01:34:23 am »
(or in Disney's POV, does Marle turn into a frog?) :P

That movie was terrible.

The look on Frog's face reminds me of a spacey and unfortunate-looking kindergartener.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:41 pm »
Ah, maggiekarp.  You are the primary reason why I follow this thread.  Marle's looking gorgeous, and poor Frog seems to have had far less attention by the artist's hand.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 15, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »
To be honest, I think that she made him look that bad on purpose, to emphasize the ugliness and get more sympathy for Frog and how he finally got himself a kiss... or because she wants to piss off every single man for Valentine's day.

Something subconscious, at least, and possibly very funny, especially from the artists' point of view.

maggiekarp

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 01, 2011, 01:54:29 pm »
Really it's because I haven't gotten the hang of this tablet yet

(He totally does but why are you acting like that Serge)