Author Topic: 8th Playable Character Possible?! (Updating!)  (Read 62470 times)

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: 8th Playable Character Possible?! (Updating!)
« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2016, 01:39:57 pm »
Warrior workshop and Itemizer both work fine with it but high tech doesn't show anything for me perhaps I have an older version or maybe the 8thy version i have is out of date.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2016, 04:29:21 pm »
The latest patch doesn't have finished techs for 8thy - only a partial implementation. It's not ready to be edited yet.

Actually, it looks like I decided to have the 8th character functionality in Hi-Tech handled completely by the Hi-Tech.ini file. That's necessary for handling expansion in general.

EgyLynx

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 25, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »
One way get 8.

Hey, That guru of time? Are it be PC ? not only help so much? Everywhere it saing it maybe be are... but... why it not put?

Same time can ask why not Schala? I think Janus at vh if that happen?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:46 pm »
The Schala Project that I have on hold, that was going to have Schala be the 8th PC with some story changes and such.  I wonder if that topic is back in Kajar now?  It was a community project from way back.

Gaspar was confirmed to be the 8th one.  Although, I'm very curious to see what people would do with him.  I honestly can't imagine him in battle kicking butt.

stewelement

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2016, 03:44:13 pm »
I've seen a spritesheet for Gaspar that was pretty far along, I think it is here on the Compendium. Gaspar hitting things with his cane in his bowler hat is an entertaining departure from the regular cast, but it may be hard to implement in a truly interesting way.

On the topic of the Schala project - I assumed the 8th character project was the successor to that project. Is that not the case? I have basically no insight into the history of the Schala project other than the Youtube content you posted years ago and (I think) maybe a RHDN thread.

Speaking of on hold projects, anyone heard from Zakyrus in the last few years? He was building a Chrono Trigger Plus project that was supposed to be gigantic.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2016, 01:53:27 am »
I'd assume Gaspar would emphasize buffs/debuffs. he would cast Haste, Slow, Defense Up, Offense Up, Resist Magic, Resist Physical, Remove Debuffs, etc.

I imagine Schala as the ultimate mage. she would have the strongest spells (Luminaire, Dark Matter, etc.) along with a full party heal. you could balance this by making her very vulnerable to physical attacks.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2016, 03:04:13 am »
On the topic of the Schala project - I assumed the 8th character project was the successor to that project. Is that not the case? I have basically no insight into the history of the Schala project other than the Youtube content you posted years ago and (I think) maybe a RHDN thread.

The Schala project is a practical implementation of the 8th character patch - hopefully one of many.

Speaking of on hold projects, anyone heard from Zakyrus in the last few years? He was building a Chrono Trigger Plus project that was supposed to be gigantic.

He seems to be missing, unfortunately.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »
Since all the people involved in making this are posting here, would you guys mind if I hijacked this and used it in my project to do this.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2016, 11:22:39 pm »
I fully support additional hacks using the 8th character base.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 31, 2016, 06:59:58 pm »
So I'm done most of the walking animations here's the problems Ive noticed so far , just wondering how feasible it is to fix these.

1 menu palettes not changed, I know this is just one byte I could probably find it in the data log I have but if anyone knows it offhand that's even better.

2 small  amounts of pixel garbage, I believe this was already fixed by Mauron?

3 no techs, is it possible to just change a pointer and have him use Frog's techs?

4 uses wrong animations in battle, no clue what's involved in fixing this.

5, can't equip anything, since he joins so late I can get past this using event equips until Itemizer is fixed so no big deal.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #430 on: November 01, 2016, 03:14:14 am »
1) Did you use the 8th palette in sequence? Some of the game's code depends on the palette being in that particular slot.

2) Screenshot? Anything I did should be in the last patch.

3) No, data needs to be expanded. Each tech must have data in the proper order to be used, so techs need to be placed in between Magus's and the dual techs.

4) I think the attack data is currently not expanded, so it might be pulling Crono's critical as a base animation.

5) I thought I fixed all outstanding issues with Itemizer. Is the version uploaded here buggy?

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 01, 2016, 07:37:49 am »
I just changed 8thy's palette in NPC custom, I will change it back and use a hex editor to change the colors manually, this might be the source of problem two as well then.

As for Itemizer I never checked the new one, I will do that tonight.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:31 pm »
OK so the palette is fixed and working fine but the pixel glitches remain, I will post a pic tomorrow.

The version of Itemizer posted here is the same one I already had with no save function.

As for the battle animations and techs I suppose I'll just have to wait future releases.

Mauron

• Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #433 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:21 am »
I have that fixed, I'll test and rebuild tomorrow.

IHBP

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2016, 03:10:20 pm »
Got a screen shot of the pixel glitch, this is on a fresh rom and was present before I made any changes.
Also Eighthy not drawing a weapon during battle is present with the original as well, it'll need the animations adjusted I can post a video if necessary.