Author Topic: Dragon Quest VIII (brief discussion of DQVII & FFX)  (Read 1901 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Dragon Quest VIII (brief discussion of DQVII & FFX)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 08:31:48 pm »
Yeah, I wondered that myself...but I won quite a few times just going back & forth between that & the church...Looks like I'm going to be playing the slots in Baccarat though since there's one that puts out lots of wins (I got about 20,000 in under 10 min, I think)...

Captain Crow was WEAK. I was dissapointed to find that this legendary pirate didn't do much else besides Psyche up (thank you Angelo, you charismatic fool!).

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 10:15:17 pm »
Bloody hell. I hate how Dragon Quest gives you these amazing things suddenly, and you're placed with this huge burden to explore. Like the Monster Arena, the Keys, the Ship.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 07:53:31 pm »
Plus, how can you beat Jessica in a dancers or bunny outfit :)

I guess you haven't gotten it yet, but two words: Magic Bikini. :shock:

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:58 pm »

Yeah, but I knew about it. Hadn't seen it though. Is Dangerous/Divine Bustier any good?

realworksuks

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 12:34:26 pm »
I actually really enjoyed final fantasy X, I wasn't expecting a very good game, but IMO it was very good.

I prereserved dragon quest VIII in and in dec. 05 picked it up.  I played 20 hours in by january, and then just quit playing it until in dec. of 06 I picked it up again and started playing.  I played another 20 hours probably, and I rarely play it anymore.  I think that game is a giant chore really.  It's just really boring to me for some reason.  I have played all the dragon quest games, and beaten all of them except 3 and 4 for nes (also includes dragon quest V and VI for snes, beat those).  I really liked dragon quest VII a lot for the playstation.. I don't know there's something about this one that I just don't like, it's just a big chore.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 09:10:10 pm »

Yeah, but I knew about it. Hadn't seen it though. Is Dangerous/Divine Bustier any good?

Yeah, I hadn't gotten those when I wrote that...Although the Dangerous Bustier is byfar the best looking (to me at least-very, how shall I say, S&M? it goes great with her equipped with a whip, let's say)...it's DEF is only 1! V_V But you need it to make the Divine, which is one of her best armors.

I don't know what to tell ya, realworksuks...I found FFX to be far more of a chore because the characters weren't nearly as fun as those in DQVIII...Then again, I pretty much talk to all of my characters every five minutes (every lil bit extra!). It's just a nice, classic romp. It's good to see the roots shine through every now & then...

Oh, and the truth behind Munchie isn't 'revealed' until you get to the Dragovian Trials (after you beat the game, really, and unlock the town & horrific maze caves that surround it)...and the truth...well, it's just a hair CREEPY. I've only done one of the Trials and MAN was it a bitch...I also beat the Monster Arena (lame prize from Morrie) with the help of one monster: Mazin! That Liquid Metal Slime of Morrie's didn't stand a chance. :lol: I suggest that team for anyone struggling with the Arena.