Author Topic: April Fool's Contest  (Read 4944 times)

Ramsus

April Fool's Contest
« on: April 01, 2007, 05:14:01 pm »
Hidden somewhere on this site are four hidden April Fool's gags. Some of them may be related to site functions (i.e. posting) or hidden deep in the site's many analysis articles or image galleries. Each person who finds one will be made forum admin for a month.

Good luck finding them.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: April Fool's Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:32:48 pm »
First one: Your news post ?  :D

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:46:21 pm »
First one: Your news post ?  :D

Sorry, the news post doesn't count as a hidden April Fool's gag.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 05:47:23 pm »
Hidden somewhere on this site are four hidden April Fool's gags. Some of them may be related to site functions (i.e. posting) or hidden deep in the site's many analysis articles or image galleries. Each person who finds one will be made forum admin for a month.

Good luck finding them.

The luck will be needed >.<

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 07:08:30 pm »
Let the hunt begin!

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 07:37:41 pm »
So are we supposed to post here about it, or PM? Because I think I've found at least one already.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »
I pmed him and no response yet...but i'm guessing you pm so you don't reveal them.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 03:03:55 pm »
So are they proper jokes or just mistakes? If they're mistakes then I've found one...

cronopolis

• Porrean (+50)
  • Time travel.....pretty confusing isn't it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 04:44:29 pm »
Ahhh!!!  My eyes are bleeding :shock:  I haven't blink'd in over 15 minutes.. it burns... it burns :cry:, plus I'm a little to lazy to continue for too long.  I'm happy just the way I am.  Being an admin. would be cool, but it would also take work, and I'm a hard gammer to pry off my systems 8)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:18:05 pm »
I doubt they would actually make a random forum user an admin...I've been an admin on other forums and I understand the sheer power they hold over forums...to just give such power away as a contest prize would not only be foolish, it would be out of character for any of the admins here, especially Ramsus.

No...the real April Fool's joke is those of us who bought the story. Are there gags around? Sure, but finding them isn't going to cause you to be an admin. I was just searching around for giggles for awhile.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:42:01 pm »
I doubt they would actually make a random forum user an admin...I've been an admin on other forums and I understand the sheer power they hold over forums...to just give such power away as a contest prize would not only be foolish, it would be out of character for any of the admins here, especially Ramsus.

No...the real April Fool's joke is those of us who bought the story. Are there gags around? Sure, but finding them isn't going to cause you to be an admin. I was just searching around for giggles for awhile.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. There are no gags. That's the gag itself. Man do I feel like an idiot actually searching for them yesterday  :roll:.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 06:26:11 pm »

Actually, I was thinking of submitting that as a gag earlier. It would be very ironic, would it not?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 06:48:32 pm »
I'm almost certain this was just a joke but I did it anyways.  I had nothing else to do xd

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »
Hell, it's in the title. If it was what it claims to be, it'd be an 'April Fools day' contest. Whereas being an 'April Fool's' Contest, logically that means it's for fools to participate in.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 07:30:23 pm »
Yay for being a fool =D