Author Topic: Chrono Trigger + demo test (dead)  (Read 6591 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger + beta test
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2007, 04:27:19 am »
Sunken Zeal Dungeon you will be swimming  :wink: You'll move slightly faster than walking speed.
I knew that. :oops:

Medina Sewers would just be something to enhance their Village even more. It would probably be strong Shadow users under the Village. Lore of Lavos and Magus could be everywhere.
So long as it used effectively I don't have a problem with it. We need to avoid, as I've stated, excessive areas with nothing for the characters or the story. Still, enhancement of the Mystics, as well as Lavos worship and Magus worship are a definite must.

Valley of the Shadow of Death
So as long as I have enough space to fit 13 super tough Lavos Spawns. Maybe I'll just use 1 map and have battles where you fight 2 at a time, then finally you fight 3 at once!
Maybe. We want respawning Lavos Spawns so that Lavos is shown to continue to breed somewhere...perhaps even Lavos himself can be--no, we can't do that...that would be a bad idea.

Denadoro I don't have to worry about because I can do a memory check to see what era you are in (the Northern Ruins dungeon used this code technique) and rearrange the events/monsters/NPCs accordingly. So I would just change the monsters you fight (I don't know what yet -- though we do have the empty "Ogre" enemy) That's the one's that fall off the conveyer belt in Ozzie's fort and never get to fight. We could have the area populated with those, as well as some tough version of Free Lancer or something.
Aye, a good idea. Oh, and that's Freelancer, not Free Lancer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer

Anyway, I'd like to see those unused Ogre type enemies, to be sure.

As for the Cleft of Dimensions, that area deserves to be somewhat big -- I have the basics of this dialoug & Valley of the Giants dialouge revised and I'll send that to you after I get the Public Beta released..
Understood.

So this next beta is the Public Beta then? Do you want me to write up a Press Release, so to speak, and/or perhaps have the Compendium do an interview of one of us prior to release? (I suggest myself for the interview because I'm usually available more often than you are and you'd be busy putting together the beta anyway.)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2007, 04:37:21 am »
I though about adding Lavos somewhere at Death Peak, but he would have to instantly kill the party. So it can't be done.

As for interview, that prolly won't happen until we release the 2nd public beta (the 2nd public beta will not happen until we finish all sidequests and can put it all in one ROM) the reason for this is we will most likey be interviewed about the new sidequests more than anything. (seeing as that's the teaser stuff I threw into the TF Export form) We would set up an interview time and probably go into some IRC chat or do it here on the forum where we would each be interviewed depending on our areas of focus: storyline, coding, mapping. etc. Seperately, then at the same time.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2007, 04:43:15 am »
Aye. In that case, we should write up a small Press Release containing the information about the first Public Beta--we'll include a more detailed bit in the actual rar file with the patch--to be posted on the Compendium. Do you want me to write that up when the release date nears, or do you intend to write it?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2007, 04:46:13 am »
You can write it if you like, however just let me proofread it; or we'll make a temporary topic on this project forum for it near the time of public release. That way we can revise it before release.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2007, 04:51:37 am »
Aye, a good idea, there.

Oh man I can't wait to hear the public's reaction to the Public Beta...they are gonna love it, I'm sure, and they won't even be seeing half of it!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2007, 05:05:40 am »
Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2007, 12:46:09 am »
Due to the fact that the maps are going to take aeons to finish, I may just skip them all work on adding all the rest of the new cutscenes. (otherwise I'll never get that done).

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2007, 01:32:44 am »
Due to the fact that the maps are going to take aeons to finish, I may just skip them all work on adding all the rest of the new cutscenes. (otherwise I'll never get that done).
We have to decide what is more important: maps, or the expanded text. At the moment, I'd say the expanded text. What new maps we can put in should be put in, but the cutscenes are more important, from my point of view.