Author Topic: Coincidence or hidden intention?  (Read 1647 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Coincidence or hidden intention?
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:26:38 pm »
Men of great caliber always work near the sunken Ocean Palace or Lavos since 600 A.D. and onward but why is that?
It is also the same spot that Magus, Melchior & Belthasar work & done their research.   A Temporal distortion also occur that same spot that Belthasar might took interest & inspired to create Epoch.  Strange mutation occur in that area that spawned strange & powerful monsters like the mystics.  Melchior & the mystics forge magical weapon & armors in that same area that outclass all weapon & armors in the Zenan Continent.   I believe that these events & phenomena are too much of a mere coincidence that it's possible that Lavos might have some sort influence occured in that area.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Coincidence or hidden intention?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:51:46 pm »
I wouldn't be too surprised. Magus and Balthasar are understandable simply because they both are focusing on Lavos and thus should direct their efforts as close to his normal Pocket Dimension exit point on the surface as possible. As for Melchior...I think the Medina Gate, though created by the Planet, was moved slightly thanks to Lavos' power warping space-time just enough around him to draw Gates near. It wouldn't surprise me, at least, given how many tend to appear around where he is(Tyrano Lair Ruins, Earthbound Island, Medina Residence, Proto Dome...ect ect...)

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:21:15 pm »
Its also a place near to Death Peak, which is most likely Lavos' shell.  And near the same spot that Lavos erupted from in 1999ad.

Leads me to believe that area is linked to Lavos' pocket dimension in one way or another.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 12:37:47 pm »
And it's also more or less the same location Lavos originally crashed. Frankly, though, I think it has more to do with the fact that it's more or less the middle of the world map. 0 degrees by 0 degrees, if you will. Note that in each instance it's the centre of the map where, among other things, the Black Omen floats over.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:25 pm »
Yea, but the planet of Chronoverse isn't flat. I'm gonna go with the fact that it's where he landed and erupted, thus Pocket Dimension connection.

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ignorance is to be whipped. -Franziska Von Karma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:20:03 am »
Yes. That would probably make the most sense. I noticed it too, while playing it. I thought about it for a while and used eoch to check out your hypothesis. It turns out, you are indeed correct. Where the Black Omen, Melchior, the landing point of Lavos, and Belthasar are, that's approximately the location of a temporal distortion. Plus, not to mention the fact that in those approximate areas, there seems to be sme sort of time gate, if I'm not mistaken.