Author Topic: CT Character's personal data  (Read 1902 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
CT Character's personal data
« on: March 14, 2007, 06:56:01 am »
I'm curious about CT character's personal data like their body measurement, birthday, zodiac sign, origins, likes, dislikes, arm dominance, etc... Can somebody ask Kato about these data? :?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: CT Character's personal data
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:43:26 am »
The good guys were mostly left-handed. The bad guys were mostly right-handed. It echoes life.

Er, well, specifically, Crono and Frog are sinistrals. Ayla is drawn in concept art typically right-handed, but most of her animations are left-handed. Maybe she's neither. Conversely, Lavos can't possibly be left-handed, since its left-hand appendage (from its point of view), is actually the Lavos Core. Indeed, Lavos is more accurately double right-handed.

=)

I don't care much about the other stuff, but I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that, even though Ayla is the strongest physical character in the party, she's given typical "female" stats and is both shorter and considerably lighter than Crono. I say, to hell with that!

Oh, and Lucca was born on February 29. It only stands to reason, people!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 11:38:40 pm »
The good guys were mostly left-handed. The bad guys were mostly right-handed. It echoes life.

Er, well, specifically, Crono and Frog are sinistrals. Ayla is drawn in concept art typically right-handed, but most of her animations are left-handed. Maybe she's neither. Conversely, Lavos can't possibly be left-handed, since its left-hand appendage (from its point of view), is actually the Lavos Core. Indeed, Lavos is more accurately double right-handed.

You speak sooth.

I don't care much about the other stuff, but I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that, even though Ayla is the strongest physical character in the party, she's given typical "female" stats and is both shorter and considerably lighter than Crono. I say, to hell with that!

She's a prehistoric woman. Shorter than Crono both for being prehistoric, and being a woman. Weight might be up there if they want us to think she's a Neanderthal, though, since they're estimated to be about 20lbs heavier than a similarly sized homo sapien.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 03:26:20 am »

She's a prehistoric woman. Shorter than Crono both for being prehistoric, and being a woman. Weight might be up there if they want us to think she's a Neanderthal, though, since they're estimated to be about 20lbs heavier than a similarly sized homo sapien.

Pound for pound, female muscle is as strong as male muscle. Thus, if Ayla is the strongest party member in her raw strength stat, she's got more muscle than anybody else. Add to that the extra non-muscular flesh of the female form versus an otherwise identical male one, and she's bound to be heavy--and even heavier if she is shorter than the party's average height.

Simple physics, man. But the conceptual artists gave her toothpick arms, whereas Crono's and Magus' arms look almost disgusting in the same art, what with their big, bulbous knots of scar tissue.

As a writer myself, I figured this out a long time ago. The bottom line: Strong (or tall) female characters are waaaay heavier than we as a society want to admit.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 12:00:34 am »
Then let Ayla's actions speak louder than her concept art: Shorter and heavier than Crono.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:53:33 pm »

Unless you live in a hut made of candies, located in the outskirts of a French-Canadian village called "Village People", that is a terrible misconception.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:10:27 am »
Banned.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 10:16:58 am »
Banned.

Do NOT scare me like that, you evil, EVIL Lord J  :(

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 03:38:19 pm »
what a sec. does banned mean he just kicked you off of chronocompendium. just curios.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:41 pm »
what a sec. does banned mean he just kicked you off of chronocompendium. just curios.

No. It means he just presented me with 1 million dollars underpants.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 07:36:58 pm »
Since Robo's a rawboot, does he change physically when he levels up in order to gain strength? And if not, how the hell DOES he gain strength? I mean, if the others are gaining strength via muscle mass or something, doesn't it stand to reason that the same stat would effect Robo in the same way? Or maybe Robo isn't a rawboot at all, but some kind of android! Maybe...

IT'S JUST GAME MECHANICS?!?!

8)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 07:42:47 pm »
Well, one possible explanation I'd thrown around in my head during that brief time I contemplated a novelization before abandoning the idea was that Spekkio invented new modules for Robo to utilize, hence his gaining of new techs and ability to withstand elemental energy like the others. Perhaps that would also explain his increased strength. Of course there's no support for that anywhere, so we can't actually accept it as an explanation, so take it as you will.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:41 pm »
Nobody's ever said that intelligent circuitry can't go on increasing its intelligence. If you're in engineering like I am, the most extraordinary innovations often have very simplistic premises, but that doesn't mean it wasn't long and arduous to invent them, and didn't require any luck.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 11:29:12 pm »
Well that's true. Given that Robo is obviously sentient and capable of emotions, we can certainly seem him being adaptable and able to develop new techniques and such on his own based on observations of his environment. In fact, that may be one reason why he seems like a special R-Y model, precisely because of this adaptative ability.

...of course I still don't see why he was sitting around Proto Dome...what was his original function there? Before the Day of Lavos, I mean.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 11:47:24 pm »
FPGAs FTW.