Author Topic: Pregnant kids  (Read 2116 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Pregnant kids
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:30 am »
Now, I have nothing against kids having sex, and when they get pregnant who else can be to blame. But apparently, it has become fashionable to actually aim to have kids when you're young! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=438036&in_page_id=1770 Also, this youtube video of a girl on Maury http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaXPxxk3sKg

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Pregnant kids
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:08 am »
No, it has not become fashionable to have kids at fourteen. That's just a bit of media sensationalism enabled by a "journalist" who overheard that a few nutcase kids got pregnant and called it fashionable, and decided to run with the story. The journalist and their editors should be reprimanded for irresponsible reporting, if they're even a credible news organization at all.

Look at the birth rate statistics by age demographics and you will see that this is an isolated case. "Fashion" it ain't.

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:27:29 am »
Irresponsibility, I say.
But if you want to ruin yoru life, there is nothing anyone can say to stop you.

But at the rate at which this is going, there may be no world worth bringing any new kids into.

I don't see how the majority of teenagers go on like this, and then picture them as the president. The very few people that have their shit together may not be enough. That said.

(Peter Griffin for President!!!!)

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:45:32 pm »
What the-

Why does this topic exist? There's no room for discussion when the first post seems to decide for itself o.o

But no, it isn't fashionable. Take it from me- I'm actually a teenager =P

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 02:57:10 pm »
Well, I was born of a teenage pregnancy and I feel very offended by this topic and the posts in it.

Actually I wasn't. Just kidding.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 03:15:51 pm »
Heh, you had me scared then... not least by the picture.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:47:43 am »
Irresponsibility, I say.

It's not the teenagers I'm worried about. It's the children who will never have a proper childhood, whos cause for existence is that stupid mommy thought it would be cool to have a baby. Be irresponsible all you want if the consequences fall on you and only you, but don't dare condemn someone else to hardship through your shortsightedness.

Brohaz

• Iokan (+1)
  • http://www.scott-bloom.com
    • View Profile
    • AntacidCorp Studios
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:06:13 am »
This is a subject that should be lined up with hormone injections...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:39:38 am »
Irresponsibility, I say.

It's not the teenagers I'm worried about. It's the children who will never have a proper childhood, whos cause for existence is that stupid mommy thought it would be cool to have a baby. Be irresponsible all you want if the consequences fall on you and only you, but don't dare condemn someone else to hardship through your shortsightedness.

It's called adoption. To be fair though, too few parents take that opportunity. My mother was actually a child adopted from a teenage pregnancy, and she was raised in a great home. It's really not as bad as people think.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 02:52:57 pm »
your right. leebot. its not that bad at all. say the childs real parent was a drug adict and has a cruddy life. the child obviously is better off with a healthier family.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 05:03:34 pm »
If the person wants to ruin their life at a young age by having a kid then go ahead.  You can try to stop them but good luck with that.  I don't mean that having a child later in the future will ruin your life but...Why so young?

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 06:39:25 pm »
here's my opinion on this, if teens want to have kids and get pregnant, then do so, but if they don't want to, and get pregnant themselves, then they better not complain, because its there own damn fault! simple, simple.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 06:04:54 am »
What the-

Why does this topic exist? There's no room for discussion when the first post seems to decide for itself o.o
As you can see, there is.
But no, it isn't fashionable. Take it from me- I'm actually a teenager =P
So am I :P

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 03:04:33 pm »
here's my opinion on this, if teens want to have kids and get pregnant, then do so, but if they don't want to, and get pregnant themselves, then they better not complain, because its there own damn fault! simple, simple.

Pregnancy isn't a simple matter of only screwing up your own life (like drug use, for instance). It also involves creating a new life which might then be screwed up as well. It's with this in mind that there can be complaints about teenage parents bringing babies into a family they can't support. Other people who have done nothing wrong end up suffering for it.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 07:51:57 pm »
well it's simple for me.
and considering i'm a teen. there's whores all over here in this town.