Author Topic: .... Aw goddamit square.  (Read 4336 times)

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
Re: .... Aw goddamit square.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 04:59:47 pm »
FFVII's an amazing game. The story is awesome too, although I've only read a summary (I'm only up to Junon Harbor).

I'm alright with the spin-offs as long as they're needed or add something decent to the game world. AC was a bit pointless but it had amazing CG and fight scenes so I don't mind. Eheh.

Anyway, Crisis Core looks good although seriously- how many times do we need to hear this story?

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 10:11:30 pm »
Less Final Fantasy VII: shiteating spinoff #852134 moar not failing

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 07:00:08 pm »
Well, I take that back. Kato did write the Cloud-Mako-poisining section of FFVII (probably why there's a "Zenogais" (Xenogears) references in there), but he's not helping Compilation of FFVII. So yeah, most of the original framers are gone.

Makes me wonder if a new Chrono game would turn out the same way without most of the team.

Less Final Fantasy VII: shiteating spinoff #852134 moar not failing

Amen to that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:01:48 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 02:46:41 pm »
DoC is a steaming pile of crap. AC and Crisis Core are Ok though.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 03:48:12 pm »
Crisis Core is okay? How do you know?

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 04:17:43 pm »
Well, I mean it's Ok in that it has a place in the storyline which hasn't been fully explored. AC was Ok as in 'decent'.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 01:44:59 am »
*braces herself for obvious things soon to be flung at her*

Okay. I happen to like Dirge of Ceberus, in spite of it being such an odd game.

And I really love anything related to FFVII, since it's one of my top fave FFs of all time.
I love Zack even more, and those screenshots make me want to drool. (1 wing? oooh)

Once this sucker is done, I'm betting, they might finally get it out of their system.

(personally, I wish they'd make sequels to my other faves: FFVI, FFVIII, and FFIX)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 03:19:12 pm »

*throws rotten tomatoes*

jk, I loved it too. in fact, I hated Devil May Cry.

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 05:53:50 pm »

And I really love anything related to FFVII, since it's one of my top fave FFs of all time.
I love Zack even more, and those screenshots make me want to drool. (1 wing? oooh)

Once this sucker is done, I'm betting, they might finally get it out of their system.

(personally, I wish they'd make sequels to my other faves: FFVI, FFVIII, and FFIX)

only thing to be flung your way is the oblivious fangirlism to say "I love anything related to FFVII".  basically meaning no matter how bad, terriable and screwed up it is, you can defend it.  Only a problem when 200 million others think the same way and we get mediocre games because everyone thinks their so great and wont doubt its obivous faults.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 07:19:56 pm »
Quote from: Glennleo
Didn't know the Compendium loved FFVII so much. Sheesh.

Whose Compendium do you speak of? Surely you must mean the Final Fantasy Compendium, because I know that I do not fit into that catagory if you speak of the Chrono Compendium. Next you'll say we love Final Fantasy VI more than Chrono Trigger! Get out of here with your silly idears...lol.

As for AC, BC, DoC, & CC...*groan* I don't give a flying fuck (whoa, isn't that a weird saying?) about them, but I thought AC was cool and I don't even like FFVII that much anyways...It's line of story and the storyline itself is the reason we get contrived-sounding BS like Xenosaga. :lol:

But then again, as a fan of Vincent (and VINCENT ALONE!!!), I feel like games of this type shouldn't be totally forgetten upon Square-Enix...I think they should freakin team up with Capcom on some games already. Let 'em put Vincent in a Soul Calibur game. Have their characters 2D romp with each-other (this time Capcom should put in some Breath of Fire people  8)). Or hell, have a Breath of Fire/Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest all-in-one-somehow game and just wet every fan's...appetites (wait, wrong wet?).

*shrugs*

Rydis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 08:09:28 pm »

Whose Compendium do you speak of? Surely you must mean the Final Fantasy Compendium, because I know that I do not fit into that catagory if you speak of the Chrono Compendium. Next you'll say we love Final Fantasy VI more than Chrono Trigger! Get out of here with your silly idears...lol.

As for AC, BC, DoC, & CC...*groan* I don't give a flying fuck (whoa, isn't that a weird saying?) about them, but I thought AC was cool and I don't even like FFVII that much anyways...It's line of story and the storyline itself is the reason we get contrived-sounding BS like Xenosaga. :lol:

But then again, as a fan of Vincent (and VINCENT ALONE!!!), I feel like games of this type shouldn't be totally forgetten upon Square-Enix...I think they should freakin team up with Capcom on some games already. Let 'em put Vincent in a Soul Calibur game. Have their characters 2D romp with each-other (this time Capcom should put in some Breath of Fire people  8)). Or hell, have a Breath of Fire/Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest all-in-one-somehow game and just wet every fan's...appetites (wait, wrong wet?).

*shrugs*

I will not allow the bashing of xenosaga.  *insert angry smiley*

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 08:42:47 pm »
Oh please, you can't argue about that...I mean, I thought the game itself was alright (I hear gameplay gets better in each consecutive game), but the storyline? Sheesh...c'mon, now...I want at least a blue whale to be able to swallow the load they're trying to feed me.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:09 pm »

Nah, didn't mean that. The way the thread was going, and what people were saying I just felt FFVII was put on a pedestal, one I think it doesn't deserve. Don't get me wrong it was a great game, but I think it's time to get off the FFVII bandwagon is all.

New Chrono game > New FFVII game. Period.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »

Nah, didn't mean that. The way the thread was going, and what people were saying I just felt FFVII was put on a pedestal, one I think it doesn't deserve. Don't get me wrong it was a great game, but I think it's time to get off the FFVII bandwagon is all.

New Chrono game > New FFVII game. Period.

Yeah, I knew what you really meant...I've never been on this supposed FFVII bandwagon though...But that damn pillar is made of tougher stuff than galvanized steel and won't budge a damn inch in their fans' eyes. I blame it on being people's firsts...but I think most of the polls I've made don't always show that...or maybe it was more or less even either way...*shrugs* Maybe I just need to play it again...but I just know I hate the characters (minus Vincent)...oh well...some other day perhaps...

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 09:32:15 pm »
I sort of figured that from the ...lol, but I had to be sure  :). Sarcasm is always lost on the internet *sigh*

But yea I totally agree with you. The post FFVII RPGer's have no idea what a true RPG is.