Author Topic: Maps/Areas (Discussion Thread)  (Read 22403 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Maps/Areas
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 11:19:05 pm »
Sounds fine with me. So long as the sunken ruins are destroyed and nothing remains for Chronopolis or other research teams to find, thus avoiding a contradiction of other plot elements, I'm perfectly fine with whatever method destroys the ruins.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 11:20:21 pm »
Excellent.
Zeal will become like the lost city of Atlantis. ...that is, never to be found again. :)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:34:52 pm »
Yay, my first idea for Chrono Trigger +!

A little late I know, but more to come this weekend when this hectic week at school ends. I'm stepping my game up, you can count on it  8).

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 11:58:40 pm »
Yay, my first idea for Chrono Trigger +!

A little late I know, but more to come this weekend when this hectic week at school ends. I'm stepping my game up, you can count on it  8).

Good to hear. You are more than welcome to post any ideas you may come up with.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 02:12:01 pm »
Later stuff:

I am going to remove any Winged/Cave Apes from the Pre-Historic until after the fall of Lavos (then they'll feel safe to come out of hiding or whatever)

The Cave Apes will be rebalanced to level 60+ something and will take over the Reptites Lair (this will give some random reason to have a mini-sidequest and doesn't affect major storyline).

Winged Apes will probably be in the Valley of the Giants and will also take over the Dactly's Nest after the fall of Lavos (this way if you ever wanted to return to these areas -- slightly harder monsters would be there)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 05:38:21 pm »
Cursed Woods is now 3 times bigger.

I added a scrolling L3 effect that gives it an ominous ambiance. I may have the party comment on this ghastly feeling area.

Todo:
Finish Tile Properties and map design.
Move/add more treasure chests
Move Frog's Burrow Entrance to upper right corner.
Add random Herbs (rarer than the Denadoro though)
Add more battles, more Nu places...

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 05:52:36 pm »
Hmm...neat stuff there. If you're going to add the herbs, I suggest that they be that darker kind...nightshade or whatever we agreed upon calling it.

So what will block access to the burrow again before retrieving the Hero Medal?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2007, 05:58:23 pm »
The central part of the forest could be a maze, like you have to know that path that takes you through it such as up, left, straigh, down, up or something like that. The pattern could change every new game and Toma could be the one to tell it to you. (somehow he would know it). What do you think? Then the party could comment on how tricky the forest seems if they enter before talking to Toma, if they talked to him, they would comment on the path he said to take. What do you think of this? I could give the Cursed Woods a cursed feel to them. And it would vastly enhance the area. Much better than going straight north to Frog's Burrow.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 06:04:43 pm »
By the way, if we add herbs I would like to keep each type by their timelines.

Jadeleaf would be uncommon in Denadoro and mid level 600 AD and 1000 AD areas, and extremely rare in Zeal.
(there will be a Zealian that will buy Jadeleaf from you for twice what they are really worth)

Sagebloom a prehistoric herb would be native to the Valley of the Giants areas.
(3x times markup value if you can find the Sagebloom buyer)

Nightshade on the other hand is tricky, I would like to have it appear in some area that's night (kind of like Fiona's Forest), only there are no areas like that. It would have to be in a rare (or extremely high leveled) place, seeing as it's probably going to be used to make very good healing items like Mega-Elixirs and such.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 06:06:11 pm »
Maybe if we add Fiona's Forest 1000 A.D. it could be night (because the forest is so dense) the party could comment on this.... especially if you have Robo. He could give extensive knowledge of the forest. It would have to be a peaceful area though.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:04 pm »
The central part of the forest could be a maze, like you have to know that path that takes you through it such as up, left, straigh, down, up or something like that. The pattern could change every new game and Toma could be the one to tell it to you. (somehow he would know it). What do you think? Then the party could comment on how tricky the forest seems if they enter before talking to Toma, if they talked to him, they would comment on the path he said to take. What do you think of this? I could give the Cursed Woods a cursed feel to them. And it would vastly enhance the area. Much better than going straight north to Frog's Burrow.
Good idea, really, so long as we can't reach Frog's burrow until after we have the Hero Medal. I like a maze...it's neat.

By the way, if we add herbs I would like to keep each type by their timelines.

Jadeleaf would be uncommon in Denadoro and mid level 600 AD and 1000 AD areas, and extremely rare in Zeal.
(there will be a Zealian that will buy Jadeleaf from you for twice what they are really worth)

Sagebloom a prehistoric herb would be native to the Valley of the Giants areas.
(3x times markup value if you can find the Sagebloom buyer)

Nightshade on the other hand is tricky, I would like to have it appear in some area that's night (kind of like Fiona's Forest), only there are no areas like that. It would have to be in a rare (or extremely high leveled) place, seeing as it's probably going to be used to make very good healing items like Mega-Elixirs and such.
I'm fine on Jadeleaf and Sagebloom. As for Nightshade...you've a point there. Given its rarity and value, it definitely makes sense it would be in Fiona's Forest.
Maybe if we add Fiona's Forest 1000 A.D. it could be night (because the forest is so dense) the party could comment on this.... especially if you have Robo. He could give extensive knowledge of the forest. It would have to be a peaceful area though.
Fine with me. It sounds good all around.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 06:40:50 pm »
Very well.  :D

Yeah that center part in the forest (I still have to redo alot of the map so it looks way different), there maze will be like the Super Mario RPG Forest Maze (if you have ever played it)

Cool. I always wanted to make Fiona's Forest night. We could a unique set of animals that evolved in that forest. Such as Owl (if we can get a sprite made), and some other cool creature(s).

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 06:47:31 pm »
A good idea. Sprites like that will be the perview of MFK, more than likely.

As for what all should inhabit Fiona's Forest...eh, squirrels, owls, maybe a Kilwala or two, and some other stuff...and let's not forget the potential path to Denadoro 1000 A.F.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 06:55:25 pm »
Of course. That being the whole idea behind adding it, as well as why there are no enemies.  8)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 09:07:23 pm »
Mystic Mountains (need to redo alot of details so that it doesn't look like parts of the Denadoro as much)

Laruba Village -- As you can see I need to add ruined structures, rebuilding process structures, add completely rebiult village)

The greyed out part is the temporary rebuilt village until I get time to map this out.