Author Topic: Maps/Areas (Discussion Thread)  (Read 22520 times)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
Re: Maps/Areas
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2007, 12:04:41 pm »
New Game. It's accessible through the tent next to Gonzales.

Ok. Just haven't visited since I'm still checking all the NPC's before I go into the Fair. Got to be thorough.  :?
Eh, just kidding. I like doing this kind of stuff.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 01:40:36 pm »

Ok. Just haven't visited since I'm still checking all the NPC's before I go into the Fair. Got to be thorough.  :?

Doesn't have to be that through.  :wink:
In truth I barely touched most of the NPCs in the town.... but I know what you mean, EVERYTIME I play through a game I play as if it's the first time (ie I do everything possible)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 01:45:14 pm »

Doesn't have to be that through.  :wink:
In truth I barely touched most of the NPCs in the town.... but I know what you mean, EVERYTIME I play through a game I play as if it's the first time (ie I do everything possible)

Exactly. I typically do that with most new games I play. I'm only doing it this time to help make sure this game runs as smoothly as possible.

And even though you say you didn't change the NPC's, I want to make sure nothing got corrupted along the way. Plus I would like to read some of the new dialog. It's new to me right? Kyronea worked so hard on it, I have to see it!  :)

Did Kyronea tell you I can help insert some text into the game? I forget exactly what it was. Probably related to the new dialog or something like that. K said it was very time consuming, so I'd probably be good help for something like that. Let me know.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 01:49:41 pm »
Did Kyronea tell you I can help insert some text into the game? I forget exactly what it was. Probably related to the new dialog or something like that. K said it was very time consuming, so I'd probably be good help for something like that. Let me know.

It's not that hard. For the most part, we're simply pasting the new text over the old. In some cases though, we have to add new animations and lines (which CAN be a total pain -- worth it of course!)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 03:30:51 pm »

It's not that hard. For the most part, we're simply pasting the new text over the old. In some cases though, we have to add new animations and lines (which CAN be a total pain -- worth it of course!)

OK sounds good. I'm sure I can procrastinate on HW and do that.  :lol:

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:06 pm »
Hey, Glennleo did you check out the Cleft of Dimensions area in the test ROM?

I just did. It does look pretty sweet. I figured it's not polished at all yet, so I won't post any bugs with it, or anything like that. I couldn't get very far in it. Probably cause it's not done yet. It's a little confusing right now, but I guess that is to be expected.

I'm guessing it won't be accessible through that tent in the real game either.

I did pick up the Seraph Song while I was in there, and died to that Sphinx guy too.  :lol:
What exactly does it do? I read on here it did a MP regen. That true in this game too?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:29:50 pm by Glennleo »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 02:09:43 pm »
Hey, Glennleo did you check out the Cleft of Dimensions area in the test ROM?

I just did. It does look pretty sweet. I figured it's not polished at all yet, so I won't post any bugs with it, or anything like that. I couldn't get very far in it. Probably cause it's not done yet. It's a little confusing right now, but I guess that is to be expected.

Correct.

I'm guessing it won't be accessible through that tent in the real game either.

I just use Gato's Tent to warp to test areas. So right again.

I did pick up the Seraph Song while I was in there, and died to that Sphinx guy too.  :lol:
What exactly does it do? I read on here it did a MP regen. That true in this game too?

That regens 3 MP every (3?) rounds... later we'll make it 7MP (7 being a 'holy' or 'angelic' number so it fites)

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 02:55:17 pm »
That regens 3 MP every (3?) rounds... later we'll make it 7MP (7 being a 'holy' or 'angelic' number so it fites)

Ahh. I thought it was something similar to that extent.
But yea, 3 MP every 3 rounds is horribly bad. 7 every 2 rounds would be pretty good. I'd probably not even use it then to be honest though. 7 MP per round, would make it a good replacement for a silver or gold stud.

I'm sure we'll make some great new accessories though. So no worries.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2007, 02:28:29 am »
Ahh. I thought it was something similar to that extent.
But yea, 3 MP every 3 rounds is horribly bad. 7 every 2 rounds would be pretty good. I'd probably not even use it then to be honest though. 7 MP per round, would make it a good replacement for a silver or gold stud.

7 every 2 rounds if it's OK with Kyronea. Shouldn't be a problem since it's going to be in the Cleft of Dimensions: Magus Castle Void area.

I'm sure we'll make some great new accessories though. So no worries.

I want to add a few like:

Everyone:
EXP Booster - turns gil into EXP
Wall Ring   - casts "Wall" *(rather than increasing Mdef)
Cherub Down - casts "Float"
SeraphSong  - Recover 7MP per 2 rounds?
Offering    - Attack w/ tech "Confuse"
Gem Box       - Attack w/ 2x Techs (works with Dual & Triple Techs!)
Econimizer  - MP cost for all techs = 2MP
SprintShoes - Haste (always run outside of battle)

Relic       - not sure.... **normally has same status as SightScope, though I eventually want to always be able to see enemy HP. Then Sightscope will be able to see MP, level, and weakness? But Relic.... Hmmmm.

I also want to replace the "Rocks" like Gold Rock, White Rock, etc... instead these items will become the above items. Instead of learning that particular T.Tech, you will learn it at storyline points. For instance, Frog Catches the Gold Rock teaches the T.Tech (for good) and you don't receive the item.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:32:15 am by Zakyrus »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2007, 02:49:27 am »
Those all sound pretty good.

Not quite sure what "Float"is. Avoids traps, or can walk over holes? You'll have to let me know what you plan to use "Float" for.

Gem box seems a bit broken, but it's probably in a very late dungeon. Reminds me of Mime/Copy Materia from FFVII.

The replacing rock idea is also a great idea. I never used to use those techs, because it was always a waste of the accessory space. By the way, are we gonna have 2 accessory slots? Or is the whole rock idea the solution?

I also had an idea for quests for new final techs, but this is getting out of hand.
This conversation belongs in either the crazy idea thread, or one of the other countless thread we have.  :lol:

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2007, 04:58:59 am »
Not quite sure what "Float"is. Avoids traps, or can walk over holes? You'll have to let me know what you plan to use "Float" for.

Floating(levitating) in battle, will protect against those nasty earthquake(Quake2) attacks that monsters in the Valley of Giants use.

Gem box seems a bit broken, but it's probably in a very late dungeon. Reminds me of Mime/Copy Materia from FFVII.

Probably Sunken Zeal Dungeon (in a hidden room of course! Ha ha!)

The replacing rock idea is also a great idea. I never used to use those techs, because it was always a waste of the accessory space. By the way, are we gonna have 2 accessory slots? Or is the whole rock idea the solution?

2 access. would be to hard to code, unless a hex hacker is willing to do it for us.

I also had an idea for quests for new final techs, but this is getting out of hand.
This conversation belongs in either the crazy idea thread, or one of the other countless thread we have.  :lol:

Correct. On another note. I had SirusD PM me today. He/she wants to do maps.

I told him at he would need to make a map (didn't have to have events) as a test. The map has to be done in CT's style (as if a Square map developer created it). If it fits my approval, he will be helping me by expanding some of the maps.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2007, 12:44:49 pm »
Correct. On another note. I had SirusD PM me today. He/she wants to do maps.

I told him at he would need to make a map (didn't have to have events) as a test. The map has to be done in CT's style (as if a Square map developer created it). If it fits my approval, he will be helping me by expanding some of the maps.

Wow! Sounds awesome. The more the merrier!  :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2007, 05:18:46 pm »
MAPS: Todo
Expand North Cape (99% done) - just need to add more wild Beast enemies (can't do wild Red/Blue Beasts like I wanted because they rely on a Mud Imp to exist) However, I could add either the Trios of these types or just lots of Beast enemies. Beast (if made the dominant "species" here) would appear in groups of 3 or 4. (rather than 2 like in the Beast Nest)

todo:
Expand Enhasa (covered)
Redo Magic Cave (interior) - alot better use for Map space could be done than just an S-shaped catacomb

Other stuff:
Remake the Cleft of Dimension maps  :twisted:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:33:45 pm by Zakyrus »

SirusD

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2007, 05:31:27 pm »
Hey guys,

Zakyrus recruited me to work on maps a bit so I figured I'd come and introduce myself.

Now that that's out of the way here's a little picture of Enhasa that Zak asked me to do. :D

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2007, 05:34:38 pm »
Glad to have ya aboard SiriusD, and great work.
Very clean and pretty.

Why don't your maps look like that Zakyrus?  :lol: