Author Topic: Tabs, where'd they come from  (Read 4595 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Tabs, where'd they come from
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »
Yeah, I'm living evidence. Serge accidentally pressed it and that's when I was created.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 08:19:50 pm »
Really? That's not how I remember it happening...I thought Serge (or was it Lynx?) got a hold of a...

Dark Tab

I could be wrong...

Well, anyways...teh three main Tabs just look like pills so maybe they're just things that monsters have picked up...Maybe Nu scattered them/lost them throughout time? I mean, that Nu in the palace had one in it's mouth, right? And that Nu who's back you scratch also had one, yeah? Not to mention Spekkio's Red Nu form...Eh? Eh? He's got all them Tabs, maybe that's how he got to be the God of War???

Radox Redux

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 08:42:56 pm »
Quite an interesting dilemna. It's likely just a development oversight, but I'd wager an in-universe guess at saying that perhaps Azala somehow obtained one from Mystic Mountain (seeing as how there is evidence to support the idea of temperal activity at MM.).

Or maybe it has something to do with Magus. Could he have gone through to the pre-historic era with Chrono and the gang before he went to Zeal? He would still presumably get a head start. He could have maybe dropped a magic tab. It's a rubbish theory... but that's what you get. :P

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 04:26:50 am »
seeing as how there is evidence to support the idea of temperal activity at MM.

Actually, there's none. The American script is a bit ambiguous because it says Kino was "found" there as a baby, but inferring from this statement that he came from a Gate is a misinterpretation. The Japanese sentence was simply that Kino "was crying at mountain one day" (i.e. he's a wuss). The Japanese script does mention that "Many mystery things happen that mountain", but it's not developed much (except that "Mystery Mt." is the name of the location). Kino was just crying there, not found there as a baby.

Radox Redux

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 11:40:27 am »
seeing as how there is evidence to support the idea of temperal activity at MM.

Actually, there's none. The American script is a bit ambiguous because it says Kino was "found" there as a baby, but inferring from this statement that he came from a Gate is a misinterpretation. The Japanese sentence was simply that Kino "was crying at mountain one day" (i.e. he's a wuss). The Japanese script does mention that "Many mystery things happen that mountain", but it's not developed much (except that "Mystery Mt." is the name of the location). Kino was just crying there, not found there as a baby.

Didn't know that. That's pretty interesting (though also kind of disappointing). We need the compendium updated to show this. This adds an extra layer of mystery to Leah's being in CC.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 12:20:29 pm »
I posted a theory about Leah's purpose in CC in this topic:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,3519.0.html

Basically, the logic of this is:

- the Planet removes Leah (and the whole of Gaea's Navel) from a different dimension
- as a result, Ayla isn't born in that dimension, and the Reptites easily defeat the humans
- that dimension becomes what we know as the "Dragonian dimension", and Dinopolis is built in its future
- the Planet removes Dinopolis from that dimension
- Serge's adventure occurs

- after the ending, the Planet could even bring Leah back into her dimension, thus nullifying the Reptite victory but sort of cleaning up the mess she created.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:23:52 pm by Chrono'99 »