Author Topic: Tabs, where'd they come from  (Read 4576 times)

L

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Tabs, where'd they come from
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:10:41 am »
The timeline articles say that magic tabs were invented in Kajar, but where could speed and power tabs have come from?

I disagree about magic tabs being invented in Kajar because in the prehistoric era, you can get a magic tab as a charm form Azala.  Could the reptites have invented tabs? They seem pretty smart and could even tell that the Gate Key had some kind of advanced function.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Tabs, where'd they come from
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:13:43 am »
The Charming of Azala could be because of the battle system(he was a, more or less, hard boss, so why not give the player something good to charm?)
I think all tabs are from Kajar, because we see the prototype(could be the basis of all 3 tabs) and some finished ones around there.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 07:27:29 am »
I think all tabs are from Kajar, because we see the prototype(could be the basis of all 3 tabs) and some finished ones around there.

Agreed. I never really thought about it, and just left it to game mechanics, but seeing as there is a Kajar explanation in there... I'll stick with that. I'd hazard a guess that all Tabs were created in Kajar. It'd seem odd (and somewhat illogical) if the other Tabs were created elsewhere.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:53:47 am »
The gameplay mechanics answer seems good enough, but I think we can still come up with a normal in-universe explanation. How do we know that tabs were invented in Zeal? Because the Zealians say so. However, Azala has tabs, so it means that Reptites or at least Azala did know how to make a few tabs. Is it contradictory? No, because the only persons who said Zealians invented the tabs are the Zealians, and they obviously knew nothing about Reptites, they couldn't know that Azala had actually created a few tabs millions of years before them.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 12:08:35 pm »
Perhaps the Zealians found the Reptite version of the Tabs and developed their own, based on that?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 12:22:52 pm »
Well, tabs are magical but I don't think they can survive 65 million years in the wild...

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 02:27:23 pm »
Well, tabs are magical but I don't think they can survive 65 million years in the wild...

Ah, well, who knows? A theory is a theory...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 04:27:45 pm »
It is possible that the Zealeans didn't so much invent tabs as they invented a means of manufacturing them. Think diamonds.

L

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 07:14:34 pm »
It is possible that the Zealeans didn't so much invent tabs as they invented a means of manufacturing them. Think diamonds.

That sounds right, since there were other magic tabs lying around in 12000BC while the person in Kajar says "I'm working on a tab that boosts magic ability", so perhaps he meant he was learning how to duplicate and produce more of them.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 02:34:02 pm »

I tend to think that they were naturally occuring.. or that th enu had something to do with them.Otherwise what reason would that nu have had for stealing them.. it's not like he needed them.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 10:07:52 am »
Maybe those tabs have also crossed time, for example when the Ocean Palace fell apart. So many weird stuff happened at that time, who knows? Maybe some tabs were sent accidentally to the past, and the reptites found out how they work.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 09:02:03 pm »
Don't the Aliens in the Black Omen give whatever Tabs? Maybe that's where the Zealians got the idea from...ALIENS!!!

Amaraticando

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 10:35:21 am »
Maybe the the Tabs comes from the dreamstones and Azala has a dreamstone. But I don't understand why don't there Tabs on Chronopolis, that it's from keystone T1.  :lol:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 06:29:21 pm »
I think it's noteworthy that Spekkio gives out whole sets of Tabs for beating him in his various forms...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add this...

Magic Tab

Power Tab

Speed Tab

Regular Tab

Key Tab
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:20:44 pm by V_Translanka »

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 09:24:41 pm »
That last one makes the character split in two, people, remember it.