Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 331957 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 02:17:17 pm »
Only in the sense that was the country of origin. Even in that sense it's not really true English per se, as if we wish to assign any dialect the term "True English" we should turn to the English that persisted on the British Isles before the war of 1066 and the subsequent occupation by the French, which significantly altered the vocabulary of the English language.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 11:44:13 pm »
Your Quiz Results: You're a hopeless romantic. You require ample doses of warmth and sentiment. You embroider your fantasies; they titillate you and lift you out of the ordinary. You're the cockeyed optimist of song, a dreamy, maybe impractical idealist, the willing victim of infatuation.

Well, at least it's official.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »
Only in the sense that was the country of origin. Even in that sense it's not really true English per se, as if we wish to assign any dialect the term "True English" we should turn to the English that persisted on the British Isles before the war of 1066 and the subsequent occupation by the French, which significantly altered the vocabulary of the English language.

Darn, beaten again. Back to the balloon!

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 08:07:35 am »
<3's anime and japanese >__>
I absolutely love Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni ^___^

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 04:08:19 pm »
Uh, no offence, but British English is REAL English. Except you twisted the definitions slightly.

Cookies are a type of biscuit for us.
British English is no more real English than American English. They are simply different dialects. Both your dialect and mine are quite different from the dialect we both shared when the United States was still a British colony. And our dialects are not the only dialects. There's Canadian English, Australian English, Indian English, Creole...several sub-dialects of all of those...and so on and so forth. There is no real English, anymore than there is a real version of any other language.
now just a wee minute ther yer forgeten Norn Iron english ow could yer forgot us wee peoplesssssssss

i love chocolate 90% coco :) is good 95% is better :D

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 06:39:44 pm »
Uh, no offence, but British English is REAL English. Except you twisted the definitions slightly.

British English is no more real English than American English. They are simply different dialects. Both your dialect and mine are quite different from the dialect we both shared when the United States was still a British colony. And our dialects are not the only dialects. There's Canadian English, Australian English, Indian English, Creole...several sub-dialects of all of those...and so on and so forth. There is no real English, anymore than there is a real version of any other language.
now just a wee minute ther yer forgeten Norn Iron english ow could yer forgot us wee peoplesssssssss

I honestly try to avoid talking like that as much as possible. :)

I love a good fight scene in anime or manga. Nothing has as much impact as a kick (or technique) from Rock Lee:

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 11:38:11 pm »

i love chocolate 90% coco :) is good 95% is better :D

I had some 100% while I was in Ireland. It was like softened chalk.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 03:02:37 am »
100 percent is too bitter. Yecch! I have found, through much experimentation with Seattle's fine chocolate scene (who's been to Theo's?) that I prefer a 72 to 78 percent blend myself.

* extends pinky *

Darn delicious.

Edit: But you know what? I'll take it all the way up to 85 percent if the milieu agree. Ah, and I neglected to mention the finest chocolate I have ever tasted out of a wrapper: Villars Swiss Dark Chocolate (72 percent). Something about the bean, the spice, the subtlety...the aftertaste. A little bite of delicious.

"For the love of Swiss Chocolate!"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:22:28 am by Lord J esq »

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 12:31:45 pm »
I had some 100% while I was in Ireland. It was like softened chalk.
100% is just plain coco it's not chocolate
on that note has anyone had traditional chocolate as in the liquid made by the aztec decendants its susposed to be more sour than bitter

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 12:33:49 pm »
I like dark chocolate, but like Lord J esq, anything over 78% and it starts tasting too bitter for me.

I'll tell you something else I love: watching Zeality lay the smackdown, to coin a phrase, on the anti-Cross trolls of GameFAQs' Chrono Trigger board. What's even more fun is joining in.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 01:15:44 pm »
Those Gamefaqs trolls have disliked me ever since I made the Chrono Compendium and proceeded to steal status as Chrono regulars and masters from them. I mean, hell, I'm not arguing against people who dislike the game in general. There are specific reasons brought up which I target -- that the music was awful; that the plot can stand alone without Chrono Trigger; that the plot has massive internal inconsistencies; that there are hardly any references at all in its predecessor. And I've written in full view that the game has serious problems with handling the presentation of the plot, and that it's ending is ambiguous and unsatisfying. These are the points of contention I argue against. Granted, I make a lot of "WERE ISC RONO THIS GAME SUX!1 LOAL WAT A PIEC OF CRAP, SERGE  IS ASS LOL" allusions and take heat for it, but that's really a lot of what I see on my own experience out on the intertoob. At the Chrono Trigger Facebook group, someone said "I heard it sucked 'cause Crono is not in it." That kind of awful first impression needs to stop and be replaced by intelligent information.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 01:22:01 pm »
Well, just don't let it get to you, Zeality. It's human nature to act this way about any subject, be it Chrono Trigger or politics, or anything else you can think of. People typically just don't think things through as much as they should most of the time. We're all guilty of that. Think of the caffiene addict who rails against drugs, or the overly angry far-right-wing political figure who thinks all religions other than Christianity are evil and anyone who believes in them should be forcebly converted. That said, sometimes people do it intentionally, such as Ice Water, and those people should be stopped. Methinks you ought to write up a nice little GameFAQs post on why Chrono Cross isn't bad and post it whenever the thread disappears due to the cut-off point on the Chrono Trigger board. It might help offset some of the trollish attempts at discouraging potential Cross fans from playing Cross.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:48 am »
100 percent is too bitter. Yecch! I have found, through much experimentation with Seattle's fine chocolate scene (who's been to Theo's?) that I prefer a 72 to 78 percent blend myself.

* extends pinky *

Darn delicious.

Edit: But you know what? I'll take it all the way up to 85 percent if the milieu agree. Ah, and I neglected to mention the finest chocolate I have ever tasted out of a wrapper: Villars Swiss Dark Chocolate (72 percent). Something about the bean, the spice, the subtlety...the aftertaste. A little bite of delicious.

"For the love of Swiss Chocolate!"

I also prefer mid seventies. A friend of mine held a wine and chocolate party, and she won't touch anything below 60. She had up to 90 or 95, and one that had chili in it. Quite the evening.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 01:33:16 am »
<3's anime and japanese >__>
I absolutely love Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni ^___^

second season is coming out in april i think it was, might be late march, geneon screwed up the dub title too

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 02:03:00 am »

I honestly try to avoid talking like that as much as possible. :)

I love a good fight scene in anime or manga. Nothing has as much impact as a kick (or technique) from Rock Lee:

Actually, alot of things hit harder then lee's shit:

Hinata hits harder then lee for gods sake.