Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332462 times)

ProtomanX904

• Earthbound (+15)
  • TINY MINISKIRTS!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3915 on: December 17, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »
Yeah, the same thing happened to Deadman Wonderland  :cry:

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: December 18, 2012, 08:01:32 am »
Alas, it's something that happens a lot with anime. If I had a dime for every anime series I've seen that lacks a proper ending, I'd be able to buy myself dinner at a nice restaurant (if I could find one willing to serve a cat, that is).

The alternative is having the animators tack on an ending that has nothing to do with the source material. I've seen that at least three times. In two of them (Trigun, the original Full Metal Alchemist anime) it pretty much worked.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: December 18, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »
The best thing about having your wife and child out of town? Blaring this while you bake at 11:00PM.

[youtube]5iC0YXspJRM[/youtube]

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: December 19, 2012, 11:38:37 pm »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:38 am »
Nice to have internet working correctly again.  Computer itself...not so much.  I have access to the vital stuff should something rotten happen.  Anyway, good news everyone!  Just finished shooting a commercial for snickers with Kenny G!

Dude was super nice genuine and totally into everything that was going on during the shoot.  Not a diva at all.  Not that I expected it from HIM but ya never know.  Anyway it was a great day.  (Weird twist of fate my car was broken into THAT DAY, luckily nothing valuable taken)

So yea, Kenny G is gonna eat a snickers bite and turn into me. Sheeeit.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: December 20, 2012, 06:49:40 pm »
Whoa, congratulations Shee! I'd say that kind of opportunity is worth a car break-in or two.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: December 28, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »
Agreed Faust.  And thank you.  Hope all is well in these HOLIDAZE TIMES erreybody.

Ready to fly away from the snow/drama myself.  Gotta get back into a good rhythm of auditions/open mics/shows.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3922 on: January 25, 2013, 02:46:00 pm »
What do I like? Life of Pi; no other movie till now has ever invoked the feeling of "truer art" as this one! Every freaking scene and frame is a masterpiece of aesthetics, and every moment passed in great emotion and philosophy that just makes you keep thinking.

And I also loved the secret references there! Did anyone figure out Irrfaan's (Pi's) question on "who was God"? I think I sure as hell figured it out!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3923 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:33 am »
The sweets and food and fish of Kolkata. Totally radical!

Legendary Biologist

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Searching the Unknown; Seeing the Hidden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: January 29, 2013, 07:58:11 am »
Replaying CT and reading FMA manga while writing a novelization of CC. Hmm... I enjoy the plots that come inspired by my recent playthrough of CT and love cutting down the number of CC casts like a monster but... wondering what if Guile (is Magus in the novelization, main character) ends up becoming 'Magstang' (Magus+Mustang) and comments on Kid's tiny miniskirt (FMA reference)??? Thinking of this makes my day! :lol:

ProtomanX904

• Earthbound (+15)
  • TINY MINISKIRTS!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3925 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
Replaying CT and reading FMA manga while writing a novelization of CC. Hmm... I enjoy the plots that come inspired by my recent playthrough of CT and love cutting down the number of CC casts like a monster but... wondering what if Guile (is Magus in the novelization, main character) ends up becoming 'Magstang' (Magus+Mustang) and comments on Kid's tiny miniskirt (FMA reference)??? Thinking of this makes my day! :lol:

Lol, that would be epic.
It reminds me of that one chapter of your advent calander story where Guile says "A cat, huh? I LOVE CATS!"

Legendary Biologist

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: February 02, 2013, 12:37:53 am »
Lol, that would be epic.
It reminds me of that one chapter of your advent calander story where Guile says "A cat, huh? I LOVE CATS!"

I always like inserting Mustang's characteristics to Guile because they are quite alike. Well, if you see Guile snapping his fingers to cast a fire spell and setting enemies ablaze repeatedly, this means that I'm reading FMA manga. :lol:

ProtomanX904

• Earthbound (+15)
  • TINY MINISKIRTS!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3927 on: February 03, 2013, 02:59:14 am »
I just realized that Roy Mustang and Guile from Street Fighter are both voiced by Travis Willingham.
So...
Roy=Guile?

Legendary Biologist

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: February 03, 2013, 09:28:24 am »
Roy=Guile?
Roy may be CC Guile because CC Guile doesn't have any back story. J/K.  :wink: Roy's slightly pervy personality seems to be fitting.

Anyway, the theme 'Equivalent Exchange' sounds fitting for my 'novelization' right now. I trim down CC casts into only Serge, Kid, and Guile as the main protagonists and change most of the CC plot to fit in CT storyline and bring back CT casts later on (to tie up another loose end after the Fall of Guardia). Gonna create a thread about it later.

FMA really has an interesting theme! In FMAB, the last few episodes are very dramatic. Never watched 2003 though, because I can't find them.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: February 04, 2013, 01:37:44 am »
Sounds like you're making quite the Chrono Cross.

... :lol: