Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328792 times)

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3885 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:52 am »
LOL

Firefox? That is an awesome name. But I think it looks more like a raccoon than a ferret.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: October 04, 2012, 08:31:31 pm »
Aw, what cuties!  It looks slightly mustelid-ish so I can see why people would think it was related to ferrets.

Edit: Just looked them up on Wikipedia.  They're in the same superfamily as ferrets, so that explains the similarities.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: October 04, 2012, 11:15:34 pm »
[youtube]DcJFdCmN98s[/youtube]

What a fun hamburger.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3888 on: October 09, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »
I realize that the Ganesh Chatturthi is already over, but I still love this song. The elemental spirit that this invokes in me intensely makes my heart jump.

[youtube]g4KoivEu21I[/youtube]

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:03 am »
No chickens.  Only a puppy and better gigs/auditions.

Still trying to ketchup a tad as I can.  Glad to see this place and familiar folks.  As for now I leave ye with a pic of the ol' pup (Chief) when he was only a couple weeks old.  Before I brought him home of course.  And for the record the Red Panda is badass!  Of what I know of it.  Being the posts here.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: October 12, 2012, 05:10:30 am »
Just found out that the person behind the band Sefiros (which I adore) follows me on Tumblr, likes what I post, and sometimes comments.  They followed me months ago, but I thought they were just a fan until now.  Oh my dear lord I cannot contain my excitement!

Synchronization

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: October 12, 2012, 05:03:42 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:04:24 pm by Synchronization »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: October 12, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »
Just found out that the person behind the band Sefiros (which I adore) follows me on Tumblr, likes what I post, and sometimes comments.  They followed me months ago, but I thought they were just a fan until now.  Oh my dear lord I cannot contain my excitement!
That is sooooooo awesome! I'm literally doing the happy dance over how cool this anecdote is, so I can't imagine how exciting this is for you. Sefiros' music is precious. Though I must admit I haven't checked in to see what he did after 2006. I need to rectify this immediately. I'm linking to Shadow of a Doubt so peeps can get their melancholic groove on.

His music always struck me as profoundly depressing, and yet uplifting for its sheer beauty. A kind of industrial electronica that spoke to the soul.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: October 22, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
That is quite awesome, Saj!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:01 pm »
Remember, Remember
The fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

wiz Khalifa

• Earthbound (+15)
  • smokin' trees in 12000 bc, bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: November 07, 2012, 09:02:14 pm »
Big shoutouts to Colorado and Washington for voting to legalize weeeeeed yesterday!!!! Im hella proud to be an American right naw

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3897 on: November 09, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »
Remember, Remember
The fifth of November,
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
I've always found the Guy Fawkes night to be incredibly ironic. XD But I still find those verses quite thrilling.

Speaking of Bonfire Nights, it's coinciding (nearly) with this month again with Diwali! HUZZAH, DIWALI!!

[youtube]HrrW3rO51ak[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3898 on: November 17, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »
I love something incredibly awesome today. This movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_My_God_%282012_film%29

It's about this one Atheist struggling against the organized religions, who economize on the superstitious belief systems created by the corrupt politics. So he ends up suing God, and all the religious leaders in the world. Little does he know is that God exists, but whose side is that God on anyway?

Why, the God intends to assist the Atheist in his battle, of course.

I sincerely feel that people (especially Indians, no matter what their belief) ought to watch this movie and reflect on it for a moment. It's not about the triumph of either Atheism or Religious belief, but the synthesis of human values and why religion began to exist in the first place, and why the mindless traditions of the orthodox needs to purge. The satire supports the Atheistic view of scientific skepticism, but wagers again the "cynicism" that comes with it, and essentially encouraging to find answers (especially value) from different perspectives and figuring out "what exactly corrupts a system" rather than fighting against the system itself.

Metaphorically, it means: If tradition pouring milk and prassad (i.e., a food that counts as "blessing") upon God is a good thing, then it ought to be worth weighing whether to pour it on a black stone, an idol, or feeding it to a hungry chap sitting by the street. The stone or idol will hardly be affected, but the hungry chap will be alleviated of his suffering at least for a day, not only physical but also psychological (with the idea that people still are empathetic and possess good will, thereby encouraging reciprocal altruism). In short -- God exists in people's hearts.

And after all, recent psychological studies did say that merely "helping" someone (even by random) simply makes things easy for everone, thereby proportionally lighting a threshold of mood in a given environment (not just of the person you're helping).

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:18 am »
That's a red panda :(

Also sometimes referred to as a "firefox". Not that they aren't awesome, but it is a real creature and is not a ferret. Though I've never seen the avatar cartoon, they might just have a ferret that looks exactly like a red panda.

LOL Just found this video.

Though I can't watch it on youtube but I saw a gif version before.

[youtube]wbDqrgqcfIk[/youtube]