Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328408 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3765 on: December 31, 2011, 03:01:24 am »
Sheeeiit! Am I permitted to fan-girl a bit? Because I'm feeling a ridiculous, though appealing, need to squeal in delight!

[youtube]ObdlLp7gkYA[/youtube]

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3766 on: December 31, 2011, 08:34:48 am »
In all honesty, I'm looking forward more to the Shin Kyoto-Hen movie that'll be on DVD in March. I realize how difficult a live action adaptation can be, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high, y'know?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3767 on: December 31, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »
In all honesty, I'm looking forward more to the Shin Kyoto-Hen movie that'll be on DVD in March. I realize how difficult a live action adaptation can be, so I'm not getting my hopes up too high, y'know?
Same here! Albeit, I can't seem to find the damn trailer of Shin Kyoto-Hen for some reason...

As for Live Actions, indeed, they can easily go quite wrong. However, and especially since they're not from Hollywood, several Live Actions of various anime have been quite successful. "Deathnote" for one thing was amazing (even though I still prefer the anime) and main characters (including Takesh Kaga) were brilliant! Then there's "Blood, The Last Vampire", though its story seemed morphed a bit, which was an aesthetic blessing for me. "Prince of Tennis" may not have good special effects, but my bro seemed to like the movie. Though my favourite? "Detective Conan" ruled, and the characters were nearly spot on -- Oguri Shun suited the role of Shinichi Kudo, and the same goes for Jinnai Takanori's role of Mouri Kogoro (not to mention, Shinichi carries the same Sherlock Holmes obsession as his anime counterpart). And especially "Detective Academy Q" (Tantei Gakuen Q), which was fucking awesome -- agreed, the characters look nothing like their anime counterparts, and they may have been altered slightly to suit realistic settings, but the theme remains the same: baffling cases, gruesome murders, a labyrinth of mystery and intrigue just beckoning to a group of ingenious children, "Come, solve me!"

With all that's said and done, I'm certainly looking forward to the adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin.  :D

Also, happy Noose Beers, people! Hope you get twice the presents this year by Ded Moroz!

EDIT: Here's something for Saj, or anyone fond of detective fiction.

Detective Academy Q is about a class of students training to become future professionals in criminal investigation; each student seems to have a special ability of their own, and often they need to work together to solve cases. Now here's an interesting bit: each student of Class-Q seems to be symbolic for every trait Sherlock Holmes possesses. One example is Sherlock's eye and memory for detail and Megumi's "Photographic Memory".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:12:06 pm by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: December 31, 2011, 06:40:37 pm »
The Chrono Compendium has done a lot of good for me over the years. I've met a number of you in person, all of whom but kebrel I liked. And I've enjoyed getting to know many of you a little better online, through cards, conversation, and more.

The Compendium is at a cultural low point right now, but my hope is that at some point another crop of greats will come along, and foster a new Golden Age. Or maybe that will happen in another time and another place.

I love the opportunities this place has granted me.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3769 on: January 02, 2012, 02:48:49 am »
I'm officially declaring today as "Sherlock Day" for myself.

- Watched "Game of Shadows" at the cinema.
- Gonna watch "Scandal in Belgravia".
- Read "The name of the rose" (okay, that isn't really Sherlock, but take a hint).
- One episode of Case Closed.
- Off to work. Damn.

Aye, lads! Go watch "Game of Shadows" if you haven't already! Moran is a freakin' wolf. Stephen Fry makes for an excellent Mycroft. And, personally speaking, I prefer Jared's "narcissistic" adaptation of Moriarty rather than Andrew's "psychopathic" version. The escape scene was an aesthetic masterpiece, and the "Reichenbach Falls" scene (which most Sherlockians would anticipate) is quite tear-jerking.

Speaking of which, Moriarty has many a times been equaled to the symbolic "Devil" in the Tarot, and there have been Faust-esque "selling the soul" references. The man is quite manipulative, with the world on strings. Now I wonder what of the Paradol Chamber...

Just one last thing: Irene Adler fans will be disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:08:38 am by tushantin »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: January 03, 2012, 12:34:22 am »
Game of Shadows was marvelous-- the purest sort of entertainment. Sherlock & Watson were all we want to see in them (and what's more, the writers understand that and give you playful winks to that effect, hence Watson's otherwise pleasant wife being catapulted into the river with gusto by Sherlock). Stephen Fry is a fantastic foil to Downey Jr, and I agree re: Moriarty-- there was something quite uncanny and fresh about the portrayal, perhaps because most villains are so exceptionally over-the-top these days, and he was so calm, collected, and sinister in the most essential sense of the word (the trout scene was horrifying). Well-played.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: January 13, 2012, 11:25:29 am »
Perhaps you will recall Bad Dudes, the group that brought us Chronotorious? It has come to my attention that they also have created and released a 25th anniversary Metroid album[/quote]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3772 on: January 15, 2012, 12:41:40 am »
Tushantin is back from Hyderabad!

Sure, that city had lots of stuff, but nothing beats my home-town Pune, I tell ya!

Everybody seems quite tired after the vacation. Me? I'm still full of boundless energy.

"Party rockers in the house tonight,
Everybody just have a good time,
And we're gonna make you lose your mind,
Everybody just have a good time~"

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3773 on: January 15, 2012, 01:37:06 pm »
Because he's awesome. XD (Yup, it's painted) Bring it, Reichenbach! (I really need to start working on an art for the Andrew Lane series)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:16 am »
I have to go back into my hole for another month, but I'm gonna drop this first:

[youtube]b0gk71GlwPk[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3775 on: January 16, 2012, 04:08:51 am »
I have to go back into my hole for another month, but I'm gonna drop this first:
Now I'm freakin' addicted to that song. XD

EDIT: I'd just like to say that, for all he trouble, I enjoy helping people. A lot! Few days earlier, I helped an aspiring poet analyze the path to her progress; she's become incredibly fond of Blake, but seemed to have characteristics of Byron herself. Here's hoping she can someday be one of the greats (and forget me; I not too comfortable with people remembering me), because I'm looking forward to watch her shine.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:52:26 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 16, 2012, 07:03:14 am »
Doctor Who 50th Year Anniversary Trailer.

Blew my mind and (I'll admit it) almost made me cry.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:10:06 am by Sajainta »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 17, 2012, 12:45:31 am »
Oh.  Hello internet.  Nice to see you again.

Ready for the movement?

:shee

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 17, 2012, 08:02:16 am »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:29 pm »
:-(

I love the FF13-2 demo. Does that make me a bad person?