Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328421 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3585 on: October 25, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3586 on: October 26, 2011, 08:48:26 am »
Happy Diwali, everyone!

And for those in UK, though there's still almost two weeks to go, happy early Guy Fawkes Night!

We killed the epitome of evil this year, the ten headed Demon King (okay, so I didn't get to kill it), and now it's time to make some noise! And some lights! Some really vivid lights!

[youtube]HrrW3rO51ak[/youtube]

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »
Fascinating, thanks for sharing that video tushantin. Another wrinkle in ol' FW's brain!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3588 on: October 26, 2011, 03:06:13 pm »
Fascinating, thanks for sharing that video tushantin. Another wrinkle in ol' FW's brain!
You're welcome. XD It's fun to watch the night sky burn in a billion sparkles, and the houses lit with sharp colors and lamps.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 26, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »
The Doctor Who Fan Orchestra. The collaboration between fans to create something like this is amazing. Even if you aren't a Doctor Who fan yourself, I suspect this will be something you'll at the very least find interesting:

[youtube]Lwy-FteinKk[/youtube]

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3590 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:38 am »
The Doctor Who Fan Orchestra. The collaboration between fans to create something like this is amazing. Even if you aren't a Doctor Who fan yourself, I suspect this will be something you'll at the very least find interesting:
HOLLY SHEEPS! HOLLY SHEEPS!! *gets excited*

*retains his cool again, gives a two finger gesture*

Word.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:02 am »
Conversation with D:

"I don't think I can consider myself a Christian anymore.  I'm starting to see that a lot of the things I was taught when I was growing up just weren't true.  So no, I'm not a Christian.  And I'm okay with that."

/flails happily

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3592 on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:51 am »
This is incredibly funny. When I replied to the "Armchair Economist" thread last night, it simply wasn't me. I was in the exact same mindset as a friend of mine from the past -- we've been so close back then that our thought-wavelengths kinda match from time to time.

She wasn't in any way "bright", but she wasn't required to be; she was an incredibly wonderful person. She taught me to feel before reasoning, and helped me to evolve sentimentally. She always meant that heart is usually right. She was the first to point out that despite my intelligence I was incredibly stupid (i.e., I lacked common sense). She taught me a lot of things in my life, taught me how to love, taught me how to respect... that SuperGirl of emotions helped me find my own "emotional eruption", a lava so colorful that made me recognize myself as I never had before. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't even be a digital artist today, and would have given up my love for poetry. I would have probably been a dreamless idiot, slaving my ass ironing shirts and reading university science books, just to bring a few penny home for my family. I would never have been in my Springtime of Youth.

I miss ya, twerp...

Isn't it wonderful when a woman simply barges into your life and shows you a mirror of who you truly are or could be?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:05:05 am by tushantin »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: November 02, 2011, 01:13:47 pm »
I didn't know D had been Christian. Many rational-minded people still call themselves Christian because it's comfortably familiar, and they think there's room for a sane personal interpretation that avoids and ignores the real-world effects of the religion as interpreted by others. Many people just don't want to give up the dream of a benevolent deity out there, especially when emerging from a religion that claims humans can't achieve anything worthwhile by themselves, and with so many real-world examples out there seemingly ready to back that claim up.

Good for him and good for the two of you.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »
Out of curiosity, Saj, would you mind sharing some of the things that D/Coffee was taught that he later realized weren't true? That's always a fascinating topic, and since what you've told us about Coffee makes him seem fascinating himself, this promises to be doubly so.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3595 on: November 02, 2011, 03:44:02 pm »
Out of curiosity, Saj, would you mind sharing some of the things that D/Coffee was taught that he later realized weren't true? That's always a fascinating topic, and since what you've told us about Coffee makes him seem fascinating himself, this promises to be doubly so.
Oh no, you don't! She gets high when she gets all that Coffee!

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 03, 2011, 02:41:47 am »
Conversation with D:

"I don't think I can consider myself a Christian anymore.  I'm starting to see that a lot of the things I was taught when I was growing up just weren't true.  So no, I'm not a Christian.  And I'm okay with that."

/flails happily

WOOT! Go D, and congrats! Congrats to BOTH of you!

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #3597 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:59 pm »
Conversation with D:

/flails happily

Congratulating someone for realizing they're not part of a religion? Not that I object, it just seems a little strange. It doesn't seem like a good or a bad thing from my point of view...though if you're congratulating them on their happiness as evidenced by happy flailing, then that makes perfect sense.
...but maybe I'm the odd one out in this group of people, being a Christian myself. Hah, I'm almost afraid of being banned for saying that!  :shock:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3598 on: November 03, 2011, 02:29:07 pm »
Hah, I'm almost afraid of being banned for saying that!  :shock:
Don't be afraid to state your opinion, because you have every right to voice. Also, being Christian isn't necessarily a bad thing either, so don't be afraid to say it. In fact, the majority of Christian folks I've met are excellent people who promote goodwill (then again, it's thanks to our Indian "Cultural Evolution"). There's nothing wrong in believing something unless it causes great harm to you or other people, and if people judge you by your caste/religion alone then, well, they're racists.

As for congratulating Dee on not being Christian, well, there's several layers of "happiness" there. It depends which one. XD Has he turned into an Atheist, or did he suddenly embrace Buddhism or, I dunno, Cau Dai?

Bard_of_Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music changes history, you know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 03, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »
Conversation with D:

/flails happily

Congratulating someone for realizing they're not part of a religion? Not that I object, it just seems a little strange. It doesn't seem like a good or a bad thing from my point of view...though if you're congratulating them on their happiness as evidenced by happy flailing, then that makes perfect sense.
...but maybe I'm the odd one out in this group of people, being a Christian myself. Hah, I'm almost afraid of being banned for saying that!  :shock:
I don't think it's so much a congratulations of breaking away from Christianity, but more of a congratulations for him acting on him seeing something wrong. He could very well say that he had been Christian his whole life, and refused to part from that. Breaking away from something that you've been all your life is very difficult.