Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328446 times)

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3495 on: September 22, 2011, 02:32:02 pm »
Congrats to RW!

Hurray for the sheer awesome that is Kino's Journey! (How I'd love to have Hermes by my side as I wander: friend, adventuring companion, and transportation all in one!)

All hail the fall and ~100 degree temperatures!

Fuck you and good riddance, DADT!

For the revolution of the world!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3496 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »
Hurray for the sheer awesome that is Kino's Journey! (How I'd love to have Hermes by my side as I wander: friend, adventuring companion, and transportation all in one!)
XD A swiss-army knife of when technology-marries-nature/divinity. Heremes is an appropriate name, though.

@Saj: Did I ever tell you that your DP is beautiful?

EDIT: Okay, so my eProject allows me to use ready-made models rather than creating them on my own, so I can focus on the animation, environs and lighting. This should be good.

Also, I've taken a month (almost) off from work. For one thing I'm sad being trapped in the confines of wretched deadlines and idiocy (their demands and story are idiotic to work with), but at the same time I'm also glad to have some break from the mundane Cafe job for something more creative and artistic. Working at a Cyber Cafe somehow deteriorates your imagination and mental health. XD

But one thing I DO love is that this time I don't have to rely on mooks. The last time I worked on a team I ended up doing the majority of the task, and their incompetence ended up failing me. This time, I reign supreme!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:36:57 pm by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: September 23, 2011, 06:43:24 am »
@Saj: Did I ever tell you that your DP is beautiful?

I think you might have once before, but thank you nonetheless!  :mrgreen:  I do miss my long(ish) pink hair sometimes.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: September 23, 2011, 02:16:51 pm »
I love how Josh's use of the word "mooks" is spreading across the forum. Bwahahahaha

On a less megalomaniacal note, I love how earnest my dog is. About a week ago she started being very keen on going into the street while on walks. As this is less than ideal, I started to train her to only go into the street on command. After a single walk (where we crossed the street about 4 times), she already understood the command to cross the street. And oh, her joy at being given the command! It used to be that she'd cross the street at a normal walking pace, sniffling the ground as she went, maybe looking around. But when the command is given! Her ear's (which are floppy for a corgi) perk up, her tongue comes out in a loll, and she darts off in a (mostly) straight line to the opposite sidewalk. And it doesn't end there, no, the joy of crossing the street on command lingers as she then prances along the sidewalk for some time, pleased with herself and feeling the world is right.

Not crossing the street until she has the command is still progressing, but she is picking up on the basic premise. That is, she'll start to cross the street (at her normal pace), I'll clear my throat, she'll stop, look at me, turn around, and come back to wait. And the look she gives me! She isn't much of a beggar: if she wants your food, she'll just lay down, maybe rest her head on your foot, and look at you longingly. The look she gives me when I don't let her randomly cross the street is the same. It feels like her eyes are saying, "please, daddy, please let me cross the street. It will be the best thing ever." Then, of course, the command usually comes (sometimes she tries to cross the street when we're heading a different direction) and she's off. There are few things as infectious as the joy a dog displays when its basking in the grandeur of life.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3499 on: September 23, 2011, 02:32:21 pm »
I love how Josh's use of the word "mooks" is spreading across the forum. Bwahahahaha
That's probably my fault.  :lol: The life of a Super-Mook is radicall! I'M A MOOK AND I'M PROUD!

The look she gives me when I don't let her randomly cross the street is the same. It feels like her eyes are saying, "please, daddy, please let me cross the street. It will be the best thing ever." Then, of course, the command usually comes (sometimes she tries to cross the street when we're heading a different direction) and she's off. There are few things as infectious as the joy a dog displays when its basking in the grandeur of life.
That's probably the most adorable thing I've read all day. xDDD

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: September 23, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »

J needs to get away from TV Tropes. It'll ruin your life.

*Looks up Armor-Piercing Slap.*

What? :|

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: September 24, 2011, 12:55:52 am »
@skylar:
I picked it up from the now-defunct Secret of Mana Theater. The Boss liked to use it.

@Thought:
Most definitely! Dogs project emotion very well.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: September 25, 2011, 02:53:44 am »
I started a new creative project today. It is quite nice since, among other things, I really haven't had the opportunity for this sort of thing in ages. I've been writing, just non-fiction. I've had creative outlets, but those have just been ad hoc jibberish to keep myself from going crazy. This is really the first "major" project I've started up since 2009, and even that one was hardly ambitious. It is currently going slowly, since there is too much to do in general, but I am excited and it is so friggenly nice to be doing something creative like this again.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: September 25, 2011, 08:40:54 am »
Yay!  Photobucket works on this computer!  =D

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: September 26, 2011, 05:02:42 pm »
Hmm, apparently I am on a loving-roll lately. Whelp, let's keep the love train at full-steam!

Perhaps you have heard of Wizard Rock? It is a "genre" of music that is about Harry Potter. Beyond that, it has also spawned another similar "genre," Trock (aka, Time Lord Rock). My wife discovered it recently and we've been hooked for the last few days. It is wonderful, inspirational, fun, or all together, at once. For your enlightenment, I present:

A portrayal of the Master in the Springtime of Youth
The Sound of Drums, by Chameleon Circuits
[youtube]r1gSbESN_44[/youtube]

A more upbeat song about awakening to life
When Autons Attack, by Turn Left
[youtube]2yMWmei7Iuo[/youtube]

And finally, this is just a darn fun song
Time Lord Spaceship, also by Turn Left
[youtube]H0WTttIvy9s[/youtube]

There is more, of course, but three videos are probably pushing it as it is.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:05:12 pm by Thought »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: September 27, 2011, 01:18:20 am »
I think the show LazyTown is pure genius. And that's not sarcasm. I remember seeing a few years ago and I admit that I continuously find myself being strangely drawn to it. With genuinely interesting characters (some of which are human, others are creep-tastically awesome puppets, and some are humans with heavy prosthetics), unique storytelling, and amazing synthpop/electronica tunes, this show is pure win. I think it's been a little too "out there" to truly garner the praise it deserves, but I for one find the show enthralling. I find myself watching it - unintentionally - and unable to turn away.

[youtube]woO0WtsmQik[/youtube]

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: September 27, 2011, 12:51:57 pm »
First opilion! Two, in fact! They've been gone from the house for much of the summer, and this morning we just sighted our first opiliones of the season! They're so little!

Opiliones are a kind of webless, granddaddy long-legs. They are just about the cutest spiders in the world. They have character, pizzazz, heart! They're like soot sprites from Miyazki's films Totoro and Spirited Away.

I really am delighted to see the opiliones moving back in!

Edit: Here is a picture I took earlier this year:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:54:49 pm by Lord J Esq »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3507 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:58 pm »
Hah! They look like the old (young?) badass John Lennon, resting their legs on table (power switch?) and demanding beer. XDDD You really gotta love some insects claiming your house as your own. Never seen an Opilione before, but have been acquainted with plenty of white spiders. Aren't really the most friendly creatures, I admit.  :shock:

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: September 27, 2011, 03:44:05 pm »
Looks like the Love Train is making another stop. Two shipments for today.

The first is more of a like than love, but seems suited here nonetheless. One of the biggest influences Josh has had on me is increasing my appreciation of spiders. There is one spider that I particularly like right outside my front door. It's been there for most the summer (maybe longer) and I remember when it first moved in as a tiny thing. It is still about the size of an M&M, but it rules the front porch. Other spiders occasionally move in, and if far enough away it tolerates them, but none of them do as good of a job catching bugs. Unfortunately, I think it is getting old, or maybe it is just getting cold. There haven't been quite as many bugs around lately, and I haven't seen one in its web for quite some time. It has a few egg sacks with it, but unfortunately they wont last. I've been mostly leaving them alone (I did get rid of some, but then felt really really bad and have left the ones since), but we'll be moving in two weeks and I am sure that it will get knocked down when the apartment complex cleans.

The second love for today is perhaps a bit of a bit unexpected for others to read. It's Faustwolf. I am quite envious of his insights, affability, and infectious passion. It just seemed like such a fine fellow needs to occasionally be praised.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: September 27, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »
One of the biggest influences Josh has had on me is increasing my appreciation of spiders.

A high praise! I have (or had) a genuine phobia of spiders, so my Spider Appreciation Program has required considerable dedication on my part. The rewards are not easily described. Learning to live with a fear is only the smallest of them. Spiders are an insight into the whole world. Their lovely webs, their shape, their attitudes...and all of these things, surrounded by their environments. I ignored so much. What more is there yet to be seen?

There is one spider that I particularly like right outside my front door. It's been there for most the summer (maybe longer) and I remember when it first moved in as a tiny thing. It is still about the size of an M&M, but it rules the front porch. Other spiders occasionally move in, and if far enough away it tolerates them, but none of them do as good of a job catching bugs. Unfortunately, I think it is getting old, or maybe it is just getting cold. There haven't been quite as many bugs around lately, and I haven't seen one in its web for quite some time. It has a few egg sacks with it, but unfortunately they wont last. I've been mostly leaving them alone (I did get rid of some, but then felt really really bad and have left the ones since), but we'll be moving in two weeks and I am sure that it will get knocked down when the apartment complex cleans.

Ah! I had such a spider, whom I named Webster. Just outside the back door, on the terrace overlooking the city. She was there for the better part of a year. One of the worst parts of moving out of that apartment was that I knew the new renters would kill her and destroy the egg sacs. I thought about liberating her before I left, but ultimately I had so much else on my mind that I utterly forgot. I loved to watch Webster sit in her web, in storm and wind, or by night and lamplight. She liked to work on her web at twilight, and she repaired it many times. She was the best bug catcher, and no other spider lived too close by.

Ah...just a year, and already I had forgotten these things.

The second love for today is perhaps a bit of a bit unexpected for others to read. It's Faustwolf. I am quite envious of his insights, affability, and infectious passion. It just seemed like such a fine fellow needs to occasionally be praised.

Yes. Hurrah!