Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328369 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2790 on: October 01, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »
Damn, finally got around to watching the Young Indiana Jones adventures (...relatively; been trying to make it through the first episode over the last 4 days), and I'm already in love with them. Lucas hadn't completely jumped the shark yet back then, and the stories display both an educational bent and a love of discovery and the spice of this world that is wonderfully alive and human. What a great inspiration for my European venture.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 02, 2010, 01:02:02 am »
I've been getting a lot of mileage out of this song on loop, and I thought I'd share it with you here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oZJVm3QPSw

I love early American riverboat music (technically called old-time music).

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 06, 2010, 04:11:56 am »
It occurs to me that some of you have probably never heard of Pete and Pete. But you probably have heard of Adam West, whose campy performance as Batman lives on to this day, and has typecast Mr. West as a melodramatic--a role he proudly embraces. Here is Adam West on Pete and Pete. Tell me this is not some of the best afternoon television ever produced.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1370307846151600208#

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2793 on: October 06, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »
Oh you're awesome for finding a full ep of Pete & Pete on teh internets!!! I loved that show XD. Big Pete is so cute <3<3. I've always liked him best.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 06, 2010, 09:45:34 pm »
called back for a national spot tomorrow.  let's do this.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: October 10, 2010, 02:38:05 am »
:shee

Sometimes we all need a pick up.  Totally was kissed forcably by a 70ish year old woman at the callback.  Better of been worth it... :lol:  So it goes.  Enjoying what a mere change in thought process can do. 

OPEN YOUR HEARTS TO THE CALL OF THE WILD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehTezsH2fE

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 10, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »
While I was gone I got addicted to and eventually finished watching all of Dr Who and already did all my OMG WTF stuff so I just wanted to say I love it. All of it. Even Matt Smith.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2797 on: October 11, 2010, 08:00:13 pm »
Hah watched the recent episode of Bleach and saw... *gulps*. Crap, I couldn't see Komamura get beaten up! IT'S ANIMAL ABUSE, I TELL YA! But you already know who the winner is. It's official: Komamura's my favorite Bleach character! He's gentle and has a heart of gold, but he can also be wrathful and ruthless.

UNSHAKEABLE, IRON CLAD LOYALTY!

Hisagi: ....whuuuut?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: October 13, 2010, 01:57:59 am »

No, no. Don't you fuck with Scrooge McDuck.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 13, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »
The Scrooge McDuck comics are always fantastic. Great post. Did you know that the Soapy charater is based on Jefferson Randolph II? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapy_Smith

I love new beginnings. I just got a job working for a major newspaper here in NYC. I'm going to miss my current job, but financially this was the right move for me. I'm a little nervous, but I learned to embrace change. So here I go.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 15, 2010, 03:28:23 am »
Thanks; read the entire article. I'm amazed I'd never been exposed to that guy before in popular media.

Some legends state that Virgil, fearing that he would die before he had properly revised the poem, gave instructions to friends (including the current emperor, Augustus) that the Aeneid  should be burned upon his death, owing to its unfinished state and because he had come to dislike one of the sequences in Book VIII, in which Venus and Vulcan have sexual intercourse, for its nonconformity to Roman moral virtues. The friends did not comply with Virgil's wishes and Augustus himself ordered that they be disregarded. After minor modifications, the Aeneid was published.

According to the tradition, Virgil traveled to Greece around 19 BCE in order to revise the Aeneid. After meeting Augustus in Athens and deciding to return home, Virgil caught a fever while visiting a town near Megara. After crossing to Italy by ship, weakened with disease, Virgil died in Brundisium harbour on September 21, 19 BCE. Augustus ordered Virgil's literary executors, Lucius Varius Rufus and Plotius Tucca, to disregard Virgil's own wish that the poem be burned, instead ordering it published with as few editorial changes as possible. As a result, the text of the Aeneid that exists may contain faults which Virgil was planning to correct before publication. However, the only obvious imperfections are a few lines of verse that are metrically unfinished (i.e., not a complete line of dactylic hexameter). Other alleged "imperfections" are subject to scholarly debate.

"Burn it."

"No."

Thanks, Augustus.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:25 am »
I'm actually quite fond of the Ganbare Goemon series. At least, the only ones allowed to be brought over here, which this could also double as a frustration. >_<

Having said that, I couldn't help but notice Zeality's avatar sig. :P

*Plays 'Georgeous My Stage' just for the hell of it.*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 19, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »
http://www.statue.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId=14523709DVEOK-EVEREST-39&ic=FDTNE86795&cc=BUSTGREE&tpc=

FUCK, do I want this. Having a real bust would be amazing.

I wish someone would also translate the SNES Goemon games.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:40:21 pm by ZeaLitY »

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: October 19, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »
recently started playing Legend of the Mystical Ninja on SNES.

I love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.  FIGHTING THE POWER is now my personal hobby.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 19, 2010, 10:14:59 pm »
FIGHTING THE POWER is now my personal hobby.
:kamina The show does that to ya.