Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332024 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2775 on: September 18, 2010, 12:11:25 pm »
Stayed up all night to iron-clad my sleep schedule with a hard reset due to some irresponsible snoozing this week. Have to stay awake, so I'm beginning Final Fantasy V today. It's kind of a tradition to play a new FF game in the fall for me; somehow it fits the cold air. I'm anticipating and loving fall and winter so much more than usual this year, perhaps because they're the seasons through and after which I'll reach Europe. Can't wait to sit out at a few of my old high school football games in the old stone stadium at my old university and love things.

AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FUCKER:

Gilgamesh: I was wrong, I cannot fight four people... [casts Haste, Shell and Safe on himself, then jumps] ... HA! Did you really believe me?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 18, 2010, 11:29:17 pm »
Stayed up all night to iron-clad my sleep schedule with a hard reset due to some irresponsible snoozing this week. Have to stay awake, so I'm beginning Final Fantasy V today. It's kind of a tradition to play a new FF game in the fall for me; somehow it fits the cold air. I'm anticipating and loving fall and winter so much more than usual this year, perhaps because they're the seasons through and after which I'll reach Europe. Can't wait to sit out at a few of my old high school football games in the old stone stadium at my old university and love things.

Dude, you need to play Final Fantasy X if you ever get the chance. I think you'd like the storyline (it's one of my favorites, though it gets a lot of hate from the fan community). However, if you like Gilgamesh, I think he's most awesome in Final Fantasy V. Sure, he gets a nice 3d look in FF12, but in FF5 he shows up several times and I loved his appearances.

And the stuff that I'm loving right now:
-A delicious banana split
-A nice, hot shower

Both of those can make your troubles melt away for a while, and put a smile on your face. :)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 19, 2010, 12:50:10 am »
The first battle on the bridge against Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy V...

It isn't just a battle.

It isn't just an experience.

It is a rite of passage.

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 19, 2010, 02:58:20 am »
Clash on the Big Bridge, Gilgamesh's battle theme, is forever burned into my memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtdQl6WuFeI

It's so awesome.

Final Fantasy 12's version of the song isn't so bad either! But, I still like the SNES sound of FF5's a little better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf9faVi5PI&feature=related

And my god, I had a level 80-ish team when I faced Gilgamesh in FF12, and he nearly wiped the floor with me the first time. It must have taken me thirty minutes to finally knock him down. Gilgamesh is quite the formidable foe.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 27, 2010, 08:34:09 pm »
My new computer (well, okay, mostly new--I kept the drives from the old one). Four times the RAM, four times the processors, and a video card that isn't ten years old. The only mildly annoying parts are the lack of a second PS/2 port for the mouse (my KVM switch is getting old, so having no PS/2 mouse port means that I sometimes have up to four mice on the desk simultaneously), and the fact that udev insists on renaming the only network interface to eth2, because it's still holding a torch for the old mobo (which could probably be fixed if I could be bothered to figure out how, but it was easier just to re-write /etc/conf.d/net and copy eth0's init script for eth2).

Final Fantasy V... I never finished that one. I think I was trying to play it through at the same time as my last job was going sour. Maybe I'll give it another shot, since I just finished Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 28, 2010, 04:59:07 pm »

I just LOVE the creative process behind creating a sweeping work of lively dance and drama that is known in the real world as...

the musical.

I gotta hand it to the people who create these things. It's nowhere near as easy as it looks (or sounds). Finding the right lyric, the right plot point, the right way to end both Acts. It's all gotta come together in a harmonious cocktail of visual appeal that'll have the whole house giving the cast a standing ovation.

Now the research begins. So many books to peruse over.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 29, 2010, 02:49:03 am »
I wrote a musical spoofing the Mad TV spoof of R. Kelly's urban "hip-hopera." I never scored the music, and some of the dialogue is missing, but all the tunes are there, as are the plot, characters, and the drama. Taking a Chrono Trigger cue, one of my characters is a self-serving, bling-dangling financial bigwig called "The Profit."

"Bling-dangling" sounds like the best euphemism ever. Say that aloud. Listen to the sound of it. The rhythm. Read that whole sentence. This is how you know I love to write.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:14 am »
J - Are you talking about Trapped In The Cupboard?

My Saturday Show at Lovitz was a set of a lifetime.  Didn't win and a certain layday of interest showed up.  As soon as I finished my set.  With some other jabroni.  So it goes.  Still a great set!

Comedy Store Main Room was atrocious.  No one came to see me so I went on almost last (11, 11:15 pm after a 8:30 start time) with a cut set time and nearly empty room.  So it goes.  They still welcomed me back, so just gotta get peeps out.  Met Paulie Shore who was nice.

Been auditioning again, silly commercials and shit.  Was called back for a national spot for alka-seltzer, which I LOVE by the way.  That shit works miracles.  But I was up against bacon-neck guy.  Don't think it panned out.  Wd-40 tomorrow.  Oh...fufilling the craft...

So yea, I could bitch about not winning or shitty sets or women or blabhblahfkhlaksuhsgoaisuoasg

Fuck that.  I operate in cause, not effect.

To top it off, went to a great show for my fave band (Guster) tonight and it was spectacular.  A taste of new shit coming out from them.  OF COURSE I dig their older shit more but this is still catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOCa4pLrG1E&feature=related

Sheeeeeeeit.  Let's kick some ass.

BAH atrocious typos that not even I could live with.  You know how sometimes you can let a few go?  This was not that.  OI!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:29:11 am by Shee »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 29, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »
Normally I would place this in the Video game discussion thread, but that's just discussion.  In this case love is more fitting for me.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/
No this isn't fake.  They're actually making an MML3.  :D

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 29, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »
Normally I would place this in the Video game discussion thread, but that's just discussion.  In this case love is more fitting for me.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/
No this isn't fake.  They're actually making an MML3.  :D

Yet they won't properly finish the X series? *sigh* Dammit, Inafune... :picardno

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 29, 2010, 06:01:06 pm »
J - Are you talking about Trapped In The Cupboard?

Sheeeit, yeah! That and their alternate ending to the Wizard of Oz are my favorite Mad TV sketches ever.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 29, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXu8MO7JkvA

FUCKING AHAB COMMERCIAL FUCK YEAH

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 30, 2010, 07:22:16 am »
M class planet...FOUND!
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/gliese_581_feature.html

Well, maybe. I guess it's too early for Wall Street traders to start divvying up land gants and making toxic assets out of vacation tickets to Gliese 581g.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2788 on: September 30, 2010, 08:59:28 am »
M class planet...FOUND!
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/gliese_581_feature.html

Well, maybe. I guess it's too early for Wall Street traders to start divvying up land gants and making toxic assets out of vacation tickets to Gliese 581g.
Holy shit, man!

If confirmed, this would be the most Earth-like exoplanet yet discovered and the first strong case for a potentially habitable one.

Although nothing is confirmed yet, if the planet truly is a habitable zone, regardless of potentially harmful atmosphere "for us", there might be enough bacteria/micro-organisms there which has adapted to the environment. Hoping to read up more info as they come.  :D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 09:01:06 am by tushantin »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 01, 2010, 06:03:02 pm »
8 auditions last 10 days.  Feels good.  Hopefully one of these will friggin stick.