Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328727 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2625 on: May 30, 2010, 07:50:37 pm »
Pft. I've got you all beat. One of my classmates in high school Spanish was related to Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: May 30, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »

Really?

I see your classmate's relation to Dave Thomas, and raise you...

me being the great-grand-cousin of notorious outlaw Jesse James (on my grandfather's side).

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: May 30, 2010, 10:36:22 pm »
I'm the daughter of my parents.  My parents kick ass.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2628 on: May 31, 2010, 07:15:46 am »
I finally found it! The Red Alert cue from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

snip

Neeerrrd :p. Well I'm glad you found the first movie interesting enough. The general consensus is that's it's pretty awful. I guess it was ok for its time, it was just really freaken boring. Only the last 20 mins of it kind of amused me. ALL HAIL V-GER. Though I really , really loved that whale one myself XD. I could not get into the original series at all, though I did like some of its movies.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2629 on: June 02, 2010, 12:10:56 am »
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2010/06/01/the-epilogue/

8 Bit Theatre has finally come to an(official) end. Red Mage seems to have grown to look more like Kakashi since the "other" ending, which is cool, but also makes him seem less like Red Mage.

Kind of a bittersweet thing, but it was as good an ending as I could've expected.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: June 02, 2010, 12:47:08 am »

http://www.nuklearpower.com/2010/06/01/the-epilogue/

8 Bit Theatre has finally come to an(official) end. Red Mage seems to have grown to look more like Kakashi since the "other" ending, which is cool, but also makes him seem less like Red Mage.

Kind of a bittersweet thing, but it was as good an ending as I could've expected.

Finally! I thought this series would NEVER come to an end.

Why my personal joy? Truth be told (no pun intended), I'm not really a big fan of mega-epic comic series. There is such a thing as milking a story to the bone and still not being satisfied. From there, the weather calls for one cliche storm after another. Case in point?

Quote from: Red Mage, basically summing up the whole comic series
"Wait! That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics. Then one of us has to hurt one or all of us. Also, you're a villain."

Quote from: Black Mage, echoing Red Mage's sentiments
"That's it, I've had enough. This whole goddamn adventure has been nothing but pointless build ups toward pay offs that  never happen."

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: June 02, 2010, 10:44:31 am »
You really should read Nuklear Age. Brian's humor is... special and that book most amusingly sums it up.

EDIT: And to be on-topic, I really love the "Lookouts" series of thingies that Penny Arcade does occasionally. This last one, "A Boy Must Learn" is something that I want in a book to read to a child. If you haven't seen it, you should treat yourself: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/26/

It is only six pages long, it wont take long. Don't worry, we'll wait while you read it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:37:56 am by Thought »

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2632 on: June 02, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »
And to be on-topic, I really love the "Lookouts" series of thingies that Penny Arcade does occasionally. This last one, "A Boy Must Learn" is something that I want in a book to read to a child. If you haven't seen it, you should treat yourself: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/4/26/

It is only six pages long, it wont take long. Don't worry, we'll wait while you read it.

Yes, I liked the Lookouts series. Especially when it was paired against a Sin City-esque robot detective story and some lame magician arc idea.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: June 02, 2010, 03:19:51 pm »
Pft. I've got you all beat. One of my classmates in high school Spanish was related to Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's.

I'm a descendant of Sacagawea, from Lewis and Clark fame. My grandmother's lineage can directly be traced back to the man she married. (My grandmother shares the same last name of Charbonneau.)

I always thought that was kind of cool.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: June 02, 2010, 03:54:04 pm »
I'm a descendant of Sacagawea, from Lewis and Clark fame. My grandmother's lineage can directly be traced back to the man she married. (My grandmother shares the same last name of Charbonneau.)

Oh yeah? Well I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: June 02, 2010, 06:58:30 pm »
I'm just not seeing how this shit can go toe to toe with a Frosty.

Phillies64

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: June 03, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »

Oh yeah? Well I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal.

This is the part of the film where the female lead removes her clothing.

Seriously though...well played.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: June 03, 2010, 09:07:10 pm »

I'm just not seeing how this shit can go toe to toe with a Frosty.

Move the Frosty over for a side of gun-slinging. The Old West is where it's (mostly) at with this one.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: June 04, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »
Audition today drumming for a live 3 day event in Downtown.  In it to win it!!!

EDIT just got back...the "drumset" was a pillow and 2 chairs....yiiiiikes but we'll see...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:49:31 pm by Shee »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: June 05, 2010, 02:00:02 am »
I LOVE my new tattoo. I finally got a day to go get it. It took one hour and thirty minutes to complete it, not counting the thirty minute prep time for them to get a stencil and stuff.