Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 331612 times)

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #2145 on: December 26, 2009, 07:18:01 pm »
i love reconnecting with old friends. see when i was in elementary school we lived right on the edge of the new hampshire-massachusetts border. i had a lot of friends there, but after a while mom and dad felt that they wanted to get away. so they moved here.
today, i was just minding my own business when a friend emailed me. a friend i hadnt talked to since i moved. and we just talked and talked and talked through email and eventually phone and it was just awesome.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 27, 2009, 06:47:32 pm »
I've been wondering why Germany is called Německo in Czech. While reading about Proto-Slavic, I found the answer.

as opposed to the Slavic word for foreign nations, němci, meaning "mumbling, murmuring people" (from Slavic němъ - mumbling, mute).[10] For example, the Polish word Niemcy means "Germans" or "Germany" (as do its cognates in many other Slavic languages).

"MURMURING, MUMBLING PEOPLE"

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

"CANT UNDERSTAND YEW"

"What shall we call these foreigners?"
"Gibberish incarnate."

Oh, that's rich.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 27, 2009, 07:06:35 pm »
I love my family and D.  They are fantastic people.  I am so fortunate to have all of them.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2148 on: December 28, 2009, 12:04:24 am »
I love my family and D.  They are fantastic people.  I am so fortunate to have all of them.

Your rav was showing a picture of you kissing D when I read this post.

And Zeality, it's my understanding that the term barbarian is similar in origin; "bar-bar" being the way gibberish languages were mocked at the time.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 28, 2009, 01:25:17 am »
I love commenting back and forth with my brother on Facebook with stupid inside jokes.  XD  My friends must think I'm insane.  They wouldn't be far off the mark...  :D

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: December 28, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »
i love hot cocoa. we had some snow and slush and crap earlier, so i had to shovel it out. my mom was visiting, and when i got inside with my numb fingers and toes she just handed me this nice steaming mug of cocoa. i dont know what she did to it, but it just warmed me up and it tasted vaguely minty.
now i feel tired, so i think its time for a nap.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 28, 2009, 04:58:54 pm »
Programming.

There's nothing quite like that feeling of illumination I get when I figure out how to get through a problem in my code or discovering an easier way of doing things. It really makes all those stressful late nighters worth it in the end.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 28, 2009, 05:39:28 pm »
I love Heavy Rain.

A game that lets you use the motion controls to wipe your character's ass is an amazing game and must be bought asap!

Too bad it comes out in February. And that I also don't have a PS3.

I do love coming back here to make random posts and then disappear again as well.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 28, 2009, 05:50:16 pm »
Snow.
On Christmas.

Doubly so since I have some lovely pictures of it (including one in which my dog, after sniffing this strange white substance, looked up at me with a dollop of snow on her nose).

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 28, 2009, 05:52:43 pm »
i love hot cocoa.

Unless it's from Starbucks, I don't do hot cocoa.

When I do make a homemade brew, though, I just stuff the mug with tiny marshmallows so the cocoa can fill in the cracks.  Also, I don't use milk; I just heat the syrup.

BTW, if you can guess where the above sentences came from, that's another thing I LOVE.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 29, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »
I love Avatar, it was a really great movie.

Spolierish so skip this next part if you don't want some minor thing ruined.

When they fly to those floating mountains, did anyone else gets some major Zeal vibes? I took one look at the waterfall on one of the large islands I swear I thought I could hear the theme playing in my head.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
Haven't seen Avatar yet (guess I'll wait till it comes out on DVD probably, don't mind the 2D) but I know what you're talking about based on the previews, nightmare. I've always privately hypothesized that there must be some magnetism involved in keeping the sky islands of Zeal levitated like that. Unobtanium to along with the Dreamstone, perhaps? Cameron came up with the script for Avatar in 1995 or 1996 to my recollection, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that floating islands are too common in fiction to have been inspired by Chrono Trigger.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #2157 on: December 30, 2009, 01:50:32 pm »
Starting next year, our abbreviations for year dates will be much easier. Rather than having to say "Oh 9" or "Two Thousand and Nine," we'll finally be able to say "twenty ten," or "twenty eleven," etc.

Also, we'll be out of the "Ought decade," and into the "teen decade."

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 30, 2009, 05:13:38 pm »
I'm going to continue to call it "two thousand" until the bitter end. "Twenty" in my mind is reserved only for such time as we enter the Space Age.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 30, 2009, 05:27:44 pm »
I think at "two housand eleven" I'll be done and make the switch to twenty.  A mouthful.

It's raining/drizzling and the chickens decided they want to see what it's like.  Half of them enjoyed it while the other half not so much.  There was defenitely some "whining" going on due to wet feet, and they keep trying to follow me back into the house...crazy buggers.... 8)