Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 332335 times)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1620 on: September 25, 2009, 01:01:52 pm »
Thought, I happen to agree with you there. Charmander was a slow starter, but it eventually became the best of the three final evolutions as a Charizard. Hell, the trading card was a game breaker; there was no way you could get around that.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1621 on: September 25, 2009, 01:09:25 pm »
Well, I am actually loving Pokemon HG/SS. I can't actually believe how good they are. I also love the water Pokemon Starters: Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip and Piplup, in case you needed a refresher. They're always so awesome to use imo.

HG/SS are really great. Everything's pretty much been improved on (although I miss the VS Seeker and PokéRadar). I finished a HG rom while waiting for my SS copy to arrive (which I just got the other day). Really fun.

I love the grass starters myself. Torchic is adorable, though~

Thought, I happen to agree with you there. Charmander was a slow starter, but it eventually became the best of the three final evolutions as a Charizard. Hell, the trading card was a game breaker; there was no way you could get around that.

Actually, the original Charizard card was pretty bad, at least in comparison to say, Blastoise and Alakazam. This is pretty much because of all the energy you had to use to build it up to that 100 damage hit, when you could deal way more than that over the course of Rain Dance combos, as well as Alakazam's damage swapping ability. There's also no guarantee you're going to hold out a Charizard and/or its pre-evolutions that long when it's easier to survive with other deck types (the fire type lacked any real popular deck archetype at the time, for instance).

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1622 on: September 25, 2009, 05:46:41 pm »
I JUST GOT A FLOPPY KEYBOARD WEEEEEEEEE!!
All the letters work and stuff happens when you press them. It glows too! Now if only I could figure out how to disable the laptop's built in keyboard so I can put this one on top of it....

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1623 on: September 25, 2009, 06:02:25 pm »
Now if only I could figure out how to disable the laptop's built in keyboard so I can put this one on top of it....

Try doing it through the device manager, if it displays the keyboard as two separate devices you should be able to disable it.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: September 25, 2009, 06:58:41 pm »
I love this guy::

Boyfriend and best friend for almost 3 years.

I mean...he's the person who really got me into the Chrono games--how could I not like him?  :)

I get to spend the entire weekend with him, so I love that as well.  ^_^

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: September 25, 2009, 11:55:31 pm »
He's the human, right?

=P

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: September 26, 2009, 05:02:33 am »
He's the human, right?

=P

Dammit, Lord J.  You've figured out my secret love of ferrets.   :P

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: September 26, 2009, 06:08:39 pm »
That has to be one of the sweetest relationship stories I've ever heard; that of the significant other sharing the joy of Chrono games.  I'm really happy to hear about this!

Glad you got to spend a weekend with such a human being instead of the "anti-yous" you mentioned earlier.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1628 on: September 26, 2009, 07:43:57 pm »

GOOD SWEET LORD WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: September 26, 2009, 08:35:05 pm »
I remember the days of hardcore and screamo shows...  Then I grew up and out of it.  Sometimes I miss it, but most of the time... nah.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1630 on: September 28, 2009, 07:05:35 am »
Well, it's three of my favorite bands playing together, and I never thought it would happen.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:01 am »
Storm! On the way! Enjoy your sunshine this morning, Washingtonians, because by this afternoon it'll be Rain, Rain, Rain!!

And if it's not, you can expect to hear some thoughts of mine about the National Weather Service in the Frustration thread. My Weather.com bug says it won't rain until tonight. The NWS says it'll rain in the afternoon. I'm trusting you on this, NWS!

I wonder how I should celebrate this occasion?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 28, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »
Something in English that I really like is the phrase "On, ...!," which is an exhortation to progress, victory, motion, and so forth. Sadly, it has fallen completely out of use as a native construction and only exists vestigially anymore, for instance in the Christmas tale, where Santa calls out, "On Dasher! On Dancer! etc.," or, also for instance, in the college fight song, "On, Wisconsin!"

Let's bring back "On, ...!"

On, on!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 28, 2009, 05:26:59 pm »
Sarah Marie Mullen.

She's a harpist that often plays at the regional Ren-Fest. Her music is quite nice, sometimes wonderfully inventive, and she used to be a scientist who worked on headless mice.

It only seems like I'm joking. My wife likes to talk science with her when we go to the fairs.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 28, 2009, 11:49:08 pm »
That has to be one of the sweetest relationship stories I've ever heard; that of the significant other sharing the joy of Chrono games.  I'm really happy to hear about this!

Glad you got to spend a weekend with such a human being instead of the "anti-yous" you mentioned earlier.

Thank you!  :D  This weekend was wonderful!

It's fantastic to share a deep love / interest / maybe slight obsession ^_^ with someone you're so close to.  The two of us are such a huge pair of Chrono-nerds.  We spent the better part of an hour at lunch today talking about whether Magus is a Byronic hero or an anti-hero.  I love that stuff like that is completely normal in our relationship.