Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 328528 times)

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1395 on: August 25, 2009, 05:52:21 pm »
If you want something REALLY spicy, try Vietnam.

Or don't. Vietnamese cooking is just insane. They can make cabbage one of the spiciest things in the world. I'm convinced that the Vietnamese cabbage dish I ate once had more spice than anything I have ever eaten.

That would probably be a walk in the park for me. I'm the guy who, several times, drank straight from the hot sauce bottle.

Zesty, burning sensation.

*laughs heartily*

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 25, 2009, 06:29:18 pm »
Calculus. The first page of results for "calculus is the greatest" results in loads of pages referring to 'The calculus...' I like that, so make my love The Calculus.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1397 on: August 25, 2009, 06:34:38 pm »
I love this song "the Fox, the Crow and the Cookie" by local band mewithoutYou. That whole album of theirs is top notch, really.

I got the chance to see the Weiss brothers from that band play recently, but I ended up not going due to unforeseen circumstances.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 25, 2009, 07:01:04 pm »
As for what I love. Latin. Or more exactly, "foreign languages" in general. There is something about learning the structure of a language that I love. Learning it well enough to speak and writer fluently in it, on the other hand...
ive always wanted to take latin, but my insane mother decided that because it was a dead language i shouldnt take it. instead i took two years of french.
i love... uh... this mario mushroom. it has candy inside it!

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1399 on: August 26, 2009, 12:10:13 am »
Usually whenever I eat out at Mexican, I order a quesedilla with a chille reine(eff spanish, I can't spell them!). One time, however, I ordered a side of jalapenos, and decided to eat them all at once.

Long story short, I ended up leaving to the bathroom because I didn't want people seeing how hard I was panting from how spicy it was.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 26, 2009, 12:29:20 am »
I am loving this cough medicine at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no drug addict.

But the sedative effects of it are.........wonderful.

Kind of like I'm walking in a dream.

*falls over asleep*

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 26, 2009, 01:48:22 am »
Usually whenever I eat out at Mexican, I order a quesedilla with a chille reine(eff spanish, I can't spell them!). One time, however, I ordered a side of jalapenos, and decided to eat them all at once.

Long story short, I ended up leaving to the bathroom because I didn't want people seeing how hard I was panting from how spicy it was.

A: I'll be right back, everyone. Restroom.
B: This wouldn't have anything to do with that bowl of jalapenos you ate about fifteen seconds ago, would it?
A: Nope, I just like to go pee in the middle of an appetizer course.
C: Right...
B: Would you like us to order you some more jalapenos if the waiter comes back?
A: Eff you. *flees*

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1402 on: August 26, 2009, 02:52:09 am »
I am loving this cough medicine at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no drug addict.

But the sedative effects of it are.........wonderful.

Kind of like I'm walking in a dream.

*falls over asleep*

This reminds me of a story that for some dumb reason I like to share with everyone. So I have this friend. He kind of has a lot of problems, especially with addiction. When I visited him last time, we went to walgreens to get some playing cards so we could play hearts. The lady at the check out is really surprised to see him. She exclaims how he used to come in every day but this is the first time she's seen him in a great while. She asks how he's doing and everything, and we leave. As soon as we're outside, he tells me that the reason she saw him every day was because he used to go in there and just buy bottles of cough syrup to fuel his addiction to DXM. But then he turned 21, so that was no longer needed, since he decided he liked being drunk better than the DXM highs  he had(something about him not remembering the DXM highs). XD;. Before he turned to vodka, he used to be into all sorts of weird ways to get high for cheap. He's never had the money, so he's always had to be very "creative". I remember one time he bought these shroom spores from Canada that he could cultivate to get high of them.

XD; Anyway. I agree, I love nyquil. It's the only drug that helps my insomnia. Lately I've beeen sleeping  very poorly, but I really hesitate to use nyquil because it can be addictive and I don't want to feel like I need to rely upon it to sleep. I slept 4 or maybe 5 hours last night, so I'm hoping tonight will be ok, or else I'll have to take it for a full night's rest.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 26, 2009, 12:15:46 pm »
Well, for your friends, at least it isn't anything bigger, I must say. However, I do feel sorry on his part. Addiction can ruin a life, no matter what one is addicted to.

As for the insomnia part, I am the same way. Mix that with coughing, and it is absolutely miserable. This cough syrup is a treat, in a way.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 26, 2009, 01:44:33 pm »
I love Nyquil too! Definitely my favorite over the counter ailment fixer. I don't abuse it, but when I need it, it really is my favorite thing in the world.

But I'm posting for a different reason. I love FOTC and TrueBlood. Just bought (tb) Season 1, and my girlfriend and my band mates have not seen a single episode. They're in for a treat! And Conchords Season 2 is out, so I got that as well.

Lights go out

"Oh, we got a letter from the electric company."

"What did it say?"

"Didn't open it."

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #1405 on: August 26, 2009, 02:11:49 pm »
Alright, another FotC fan! Have season 1 and 2, though I watch it sporadically...Saw their stand-up the other day and laughed my ass off (again).

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 26, 2009, 06:10:01 pm »
Oh, Special Agent Fitzhugh...it seems like only yesterday we were in the early 60s of the puctures thread and you were such a cute lil baby!  Of course, he has since been determined to be a rooster so we have to find a good home for him.  Sucks because he's far and away our coolest chicken, not to mention the first we had.  Majestic, curious, playful, affectionate, and downright intelligent at times!  I loved all my time spent with him, and will miss him dearly.
He would just follow me around and when I sit he'd float up to my lap, squark, then lay down and fall asleep.  Too awesome.

Once we rehome him to a place where we know he won't be fighting or something like that we'll be down to 2 chicks.....so my roomie and I did the only sensible thing to do at this point...order more!  We'll have ten (what have we done???) more shipped on 9/2.  Thing is, they aren't sexed, so WE have to do that, which also means we're not keeping all 10.  Chickens are awesome!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 26, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »
I've seen this before. First, you get a few chickens. Then, a goat! And then maybe a cow, and before you know it, we'll be calling you old farmer Shee. ;)

Anywho, hope your next chicks are as memorable as Special Agent Fitzhugh

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »
Mammals with horns just fascinate me, they're like teeth on your forehead!?!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1409 on: August 26, 2009, 07:32:58 pm »
Oh, Special Agent Fitzhugh...it seems like only yesterday we were in the early 60s of the puctures thread and you were such a cute lil baby!  Of course, he has since been determined to be a rooster so we have to find a good home for him.  Sucks because he's far and away our coolest chicken, not to mention the first we had.  Majestic, curious, playful, affectionate, and downright intelligent at times!  I loved all my time spent with him, and will miss him dearly.
He would just follow me around and when I sit he'd float up to my lap, squark, then lay down and fall asleep.  Too awesome.

Once we rehome him to a place where we know he won't be fighting or something like that we'll be down to 2 chicks.....so my roomie and I did the only sensible thing to do at this point...order more!  We'll have ten (what have we done???) more shipped on 9/2.  Thing is, they aren't sexed, so WE have to do that, which also means we're not keeping all 10.  Chickens are awesome!

Aw Fitzguh is cuuute. I hope your hands won't be too full with *10 MORE* chickies. Just try not to take it too hard if they die. Do you separate the sexes? I don't know much about raising chickens. I know that some animals kill each other due to aggression.

I still am debating starting another fish tank. I'd be on betta number 3, but I was considering a salt water tank instead.